14Likes

post #181 of 8893 Old 01-14-2008, 11:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budysr View Post

I currently have 22 titles in queue with NF and of those 22, only FOUR titles are avaliable now. And none of these four are current releases. The problem here(Pensacola, FL.) is not even with one format, I rent SD, HD, and Blu. Its all 3. I have emailed their cust. suggestions twice now but I'm sure nothing will come of that I don't want to have to quit the service because its convienient but may not be left with much choice. There have been alot of new HD and Blu owners in the past few months but NF doesn't seem to be growing along with its customer base. BB is no better. After seeing this thread, I guess I am not alone here in Pensacola with this problem.

Thats what I was saying in my OP. I rent all 3 and all 3 are only very long or long wait for months at a time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 8893 Old 01-14-2008, 01:08 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinglm View Post

I received the standard DVD version of Shoot'em up instead of the the blu-ray version I had in my queue. Let's hope they don't start doing that as a matter of policy...shipping standard def vs. high def...

they have been doing it to me so I wouldn't doubt it.
post #183 of 8893 Old 01-14-2008, 06:46 PM
AVS Club Gold

I've already lowered my subscription rate. They can't deliver 3 movies I want to see...why pay them.

But then the REAL B.S. began. I received Black Hawk Down and The Great Raid on the same day. BHD froze up and after loading and reloading and reloading it never worked. The next day I updated my BD30 and tried again....nothing past this specific chapter. That's when I took a closer look at the disc. There was a small crack in the edge of the disc. Must have happened in the mail. So I got it ready to send back and took out The Great Raid. SAME thing...edge cracked, except this one was a larger crack. I couldn't even get this one to load. So I send them back and report them damaged.

To my surprise they had two more in the mail one day after I mailed the damaged ones. I got them and they were the SAME DISCS!!! These idiots just put them in new envelopes and sent them back to me. Never mind I flagged them as damaged. Never mind they could SEE the damage to the discs. They basically said screw this guy he is just having problems loading the discs like so many other people and needs to update his firmware (it gives this notice on their site...that's why I think this)

I'm just about done with them.
post #184 of 8893 Old 01-14-2008, 06:57 PM

Count me as another very dissatisfied Netflix customer. This is the second week in a row that they have not shipped a new release Blu-ray to me despite having empty slots in my queue.

I currently have 10 Blu-ray and HD-DVD's in my queue, 8 are listed as very long wait and the other 2 are long wait.

Wish there was another alternative to Netflix besides Blockbuster...
post #185 of 8893 Old 01-14-2008, 09:07 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliman View Post

I've already lowered my subscription rate. They can't deliver 3 movies I want to see...why pay them.

But then the REAL B.S. began. I received Black Hawk Down and The Great Raid on the same day. BHD froze up and after loading and reloading and reloading it never worked. The next day I updated my BD30 and tried again....nothing past this specific chapter. That's when I took a closer look at the disc. There was a small crack in the edge of the disc. Must have happened in the mail. So I got it ready to send back and took out The Great Raid. SAME thing...edge cracked, except this one was a larger crack. I couldn't even get this one to load. So I send them back and report them damaged.

To my surprise they had two more in the mail one day after I mailed the damaged ones. I got them and they were the SAME DISCS!!! These idiots just put them in new envelopes and sent them back to me. Never mind I flagged them as damaged. Never mind they could SEE the damage to the discs. They basically said screw this guy he is just having problems loading the discs like so many other people and needs to update his firmware (it gives this notice on their site...that's why I think this)

Hard to top this story.

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
post #186 of 8893 Old 01-14-2008, 10:06 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliman View Post

I've actually had this to happen twice. The small crack on the edge that's been reported quite often, on two different movies at different times, they just sent me the same disc's.

Maybe they have such a small amount they aren't taking the bad ones out unless its in really bad shape. I really cannot get enough blu-ray from them lately to tell if the cracked edge is still as bad as ever. I do know between me and a friend, we've had many in the past. I know that cannot help the shortage though.

When I called to complain about everything having a long wait and nothing ever much shipping, they just admitted it and gave me a discount for 2 months.
post #187 of 8893 Old 01-15-2008, 12:29 AM
Advanced Member

I'm not denying that Netflix has problems but something interesting has happened to me now that I'm starting up with them again. As I was filling my queue over the weekend, a LOT of movies were coming up with some sort of wait. However, when I checked again Monday morning, they're all available now. In fact, the two movies which had Long Wait at the top of my list are now en route.

Is this Netflix's way of rewarding me for coming back? Will I see most of my HD requests go back to a wait? Only time will tell.
post #188 of 8893 Old 01-15-2008, 12:34 AM
AVS Special Member

This must have something to do with either the newness of your account or your location, although truth be told I haven't tried to get anything other than HBO TV so far, but everything I have ordered has been shipped the next day. Im in Denver.

When an episode of Walker Texas Ranger was aired in France, the French surrendered to Chuck Norris just to be on the safe side.

XBL:MileHighMurder
PSN:SayH1ToYourMom
post #189 of 8893 Old 01-15-2008, 01:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
well, looks like netflix burned me again.
I had two slots open and good luck chuck,suburban girl & mr. woodcock went straigh to short wait. and in a couple days they will probably go to very long wait.
this is crazy!!!

engadgethd is repoting the problem:
http://www.engadgethd.com/2008/01/14...his-backed-up/

Email Melinda Witmer at TWC Corporate, the SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT & CHIEF PROGRAMMING OFFICER if you want more HD Channels!!!
Melinda.Witmer@twcable.com
post #190 of 8893 Old 01-15-2008, 03:25 AM

I haven't been able to get a bluray disc in over 6 months and I am really mad , it is the only reason I joined I always have to switch and get regular dvd so my money is not waisted
post #191 of 8893 Old 01-15-2008, 03:52 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 184
Talk about prime for a fraud lawsuit.

Take a look at their advertising and their web home page. There's no indication that there is more than "about 1 business day" wait on movie deliveries.

Can you see the vultures circling?

Samsung 64F8500, Panasonic 65VT50, Oppo 95, Tivo Roamio for OTA, Dish VIP722, Marantz AV8801 preamp, Rotel Amps, Atlantic Tech 8200 speakers, Seaton Submersive HP, Calman 5, Chromapure, Accupel DVG-5000, i1Display3pro, i1pro2, eecolor colorbox.
post #192 of 8893 Old 01-15-2008, 04:01 AM
AVS Special Member

"Breaker Morant" -- a new blu-ray of an OLD OLD film, just went from being released today, to short wait.

How is that possible? They must be getting 5 copies (or less) of blu-ray discs.

I know "Breaker Morant" is not that popular -- I bet few here have even heard of it.
post #193 of 8893 Old 01-15-2008, 05:51 AM
AVS Special Member

A movie was sitting with a shipping today status as of yesterday. I checked this morning and it still has that same status. Now maybe it did ship yesterday and the status wasn't updated or it didn't ship and it will be shipped today HOPEFULLY! Time will tell.

Not sure what is going on lately to tell you the truth but I have noted a dropoff in the service I was getting which was pretty good.
post #194 of 8893 Old 01-15-2008, 06:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Last night Lost Blu-ray disc 1 was available now. This morning, they receive my disc back to their center, and that same Lost disc is suddenly "long wait." Unbelievable. I have about 20 Blu-ray discs in my queue and they all have a wait. I don't have anything else but those. I'm hoping for the "they'll have to send me something" idea but I bet that won't work huh? Netflix sucks, Blockbuster sucked worse and raised their prices by 50%. What are we to do?!
post #195 of 8893 Old 01-15-2008, 07:05 AM

I went ahead and downgraded from 3 at a time to 2 at a time because they have left me with no choice. After this next month I may have to drop down to 1 at a time or just cancel alltogether. No point in going with a higher plan if you can't get the movies anyway. The decision by Netflix to not carry the appropriate number of copies of many of these movies is surely costing them in revenues. Everyday the number of BD and HD customers grows. Too bad their service isn't growing with the changing customer base........
post #196 of 8893 Old 01-15-2008, 07:06 AM

Lets open our own website and carry nothing but bluray or hd
post #197 of 8893 Old 01-15-2008, 07:08 AM

and with my luck someone will and be a millionaire next month
post #198 of 8893 Old 01-15-2008, 07:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 32
I use BB (grandfathered plan, pay same price I did a year ago for 2 movies + unlimited in store rentals), and the waits on BR is the same.

I think the problem is the fact that more people are choosing to rent BR instead of buy because of the price. With DVD, the prices were so cheap that a lot of people just chose to build collections instead of rent like they did with VHS. Well, with $30 Blu-Ray discs and a declining economy it makes more sense to rent. So a lot more people are and the companies aren't boosting stock to make up for it.
post #199 of 8893 Old 01-15-2008, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by number1laing View Post

I think the problem is the fact that more people are choosing to rent BR instead of buy because of the price. With DVD, the prices were so cheap that a lot of people just chose to build collections instead of rent like they did with VHS. Well, with $30 Blu-Ray discs and a declining economy it makes more sense to rent. So a lot more people are and the companies aren't boosting stock to make up for it.

This is part of the problem but not the whole reason. I agree, 30 is alot of money to pay for a movie, especially if you are like me and usually don't watch the movie again or maybe only one more time at the most.
Really, none of this should suprise any of us since this is a new technology we are dealing with. It took the rental outlets forever to make the transistion from VHS to DVD too. Everyday more of the general public moves into the High-Def world I just wish services like NF and BB would stay one step ahead and not behind.....
post #200 of 8893 Old 01-15-2008, 08:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Has anyone tried to rent blu-ray discs from the blockbuster stores themselves (not via the mailing service)?

If so, does there seem to be more availability in the stores for blu-ray titles?
post #201 of 8893 Old 01-15-2008, 08:43 AM
AVS Special Member

My Blockbuster local store has over 200 BDs but they still don't get new releases on that date all the time. It is still a work in progress. Most titles they only have one copy for BD which is all one can expect at this juncture. One copy subjects you to wait if it is popular.
post #202 of 8893 Old 01-15-2008, 08:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertc88 View Post

My Blockbuster local store has over 200 BDs but they still don't get new releases on that date all the time. It is still a work in progress. Most titles they only have one copy for BD which is all one can expect at this juncture. One copy subjects you to wait if it is popular.

I bet not many people around me have blu-ray -- I'm going to check out the store near me tonight. I know they carry blu-ray.
post #203 of 8893 Old 01-15-2008, 09:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by caesar1 View Post

"Breaker Morant" -- a new blu-ray of an OLD OLD film, just went from being released today, to short wait.

How is that possible? They must be getting 5 copies (or less) of blu-ray discs.

I know "Breaker Morant" is not that popular -- I bet few here have even heard of it.

I hadn't heard of it til last week when I looked at the release schedule. On Rotten tomatoes it has a 100% so I added it to my queue

Brandon
post #204 of 8893 Old 01-15-2008, 09:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bplewis24 View Post

I hadn't heard of it til last week when I looked at the release schedule. On Rotten tomatoes it has a 100% so I added it to my queue

Brandon

Well if you ever get it, I'm sure you'll like it. One of my favorite all-time movies.

Since its so old, I'm not sure its a great video or audio feast for blu-ray, but its a great drama.

I last saw it on VHS.
post #205 of 8893 Old 01-15-2008, 11:08 AM
AVS Special Member

"Shoot 'em up" in blu-ray just went from long wait, to shipping for me -- finally.

It was last in my queue too.
post #206 of 8893 Old 01-15-2008, 12:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Lost Season 3 disc 1 was available last night to long wait this morning. Now, this afternoon they've shipped me disc 4. Even though they haven't shipped discs 1, 2, or 3 yet and their help page specifically says they don't do that for series discs! I'm calling tonight to cancel. Everysingle blu-ray in my queue has a wait. There are more than 20.
post #207 of 8893 Old 01-15-2008, 01:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by caesar1 View Post

"Shoot 'em up" in blu-ray just went from long wait, to shipping for me -- finally.

It was last in my queue too.

Shipped for me as well, along with Close Encounters and Man on Fire (never saw it).

Just returned Simpsons and Scary Movie.

For those of you with 8 movies in your queue...

I added every blu-ray movie that had even a passing interest in, along with some old favorites and universal titles on dvd. I currently have 84 movies in my queue and movies in the 'saved' section, more than half are blu-ray. Plus I add new movies before they are released and move them to the top of my queue, it really seems to help with getting newer stuff.
post #208 of 8893 Old 01-15-2008, 01:05 PM

Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Just another update.

I sent back two movies a couple days ago and netflix has shipped me 3:10 to yuma and the latest Harry Potter movie, both blu-ray. I seem to be having great luck getting these short/long wait titles.

I think it may boil down to two relevant factors:

a. throttling - how quick you are turning your movies around ... I have been turning mine around very slowly for the past few months.

and

b. location
post #209 of 8893 Old 01-15-2008, 01:10 PM
AVS Special Member

I dumped Netflix 2 years ago. I signed up back when they were still advertising "unlimited" rentals when the truth is they were clearly throttling back on the number of movies you could get each month. At the time I lived less than half an hour away from their distribution center and my next door neighbor worked at the local post office...they lied their ass off about how long it took to "recieve movies back" and sometimes I would have to actually send a "missing disk notice" so they would miraculously find it. Notice they don't use the word "unlimited" any longer but I still won't go back to them. I don't support Ballbuster and their draconian policies either (remember their "no late fee" fiasco recently?) I go to a smaller, locally owned store that doesn't have many copies of new releases but they are friendly and don't use deceptive advertising.

"The quickest way to get over your fear of plasma is to actually own *one"- joemama127

*or 3 :)
post #210 of 8893 Old 01-15-2008, 01:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Status remains the same for me as yesterday, that being the next movie will be "shipping today". Didn't get shipped yesterday and no confirmation it was definitely shipped today. Sounds like they are short on help or something.
Reply Blu-ray Software

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page