The Official BD Wishlist and "When or will this movie come out on BD? Thread - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #61 of 2634 Old 10-24-2007, 12:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Announcing Aladdin would send me through the roof. I love that movie.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 2634 Old 10-24-2007, 12:39 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 199 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Bring ear plugs....Even when in, you'll still get 120 db.... It is that loud.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

There are more than a handful of [op amps] that sound so good that most designers want to be using them as opposed to discreet transistors. Dave Reich, Theta 2009
post #63 of 2634 Old 10-24-2007, 12:40 PM
AVS Special Member

I'm trying to picture how these would look better in HD. Certainly not like a Tim Burton movie since its a good old fashioned cartoon?
post #64 of 2634 Old 10-24-2007, 01:16 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davio View Post

I'm trying to picture how these would look better in HD. Certainly not like a Tim Burton movie since its a good old fashioned cartoon?

An old fashioned cartoon that was shown on the big screen in movie theaters. This isn't a TV show we're talking about.

It'll look fantastic in HD.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #65 of 2634 Old 10-24-2007, 01:18 PM

Having spent a little time on the road on this tour I can only say that the shows keep getting better as time has gone on. They're really beginning to hit the mark and fire on all cylindars.

As to the original question posed only time will tell if anything gets released. With the tour and things going seemingly well I would think it's a distinct possability that a DVD will surface in some way shape or form.

Personally I'm hoping they open up the vaults and officially release the Largo '82 concert or the Oakland '81 show. At the very least the US Festival would be nice.
post #66 of 2634 Old 10-24-2007, 01:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-parker View Post

Last night I watched Meet the Robinsons, and they had a new trailer on there for Disney Blu ray, and on the trailer they showed Aladdin, Tarzan, and the Lion King in High Def!

It sure would be sweet if these come out next year, has anyone seen the trailer im talking about or know something about it?

I think you were not paying close attention. The clips of Aladdin, Tarzan, and The Lion King were part of their "Coming Soon to a Theater Near You" preview for Enchanted, which hits theaters next month. They were NOT part of the Disney on BluRay preview, which is the same one we've had on all other Disney/BV BluRay releases.

Disney "vaulted" The Lion King in 2003 and Alladin in 2004 with the releases of their Platinum Edition DVD's. If they hold true to their timing of 7 years in the vault, those movies will not be available again on any medium until 2010 and 2011. The Upcoming Sleeping Beauty on BluRay is also a Platinum Edition, though I am wondering why the Spring release of the 101 Dalmations Platinum Edition does not include a BluRay alternative.

The stars at night
Are big and bright
Deep in the Heart of Texas Theater!
post #67 of 2634 Old 10-24-2007, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephShaw View Post

I think you were not paying close attention. The clips of Aladdin, Tarzan, and The Lion King were part of their "Coming Soon to a Theater Near You" preview for Enchanted, which hits theaters next month. They were NOT part of the Disney on BluRay preview, which is the same one we've had on all other Disney/BV BluRay releases.

Disney "vaulted" The Lion King in 2003 and Alladin in 2004 with the releases of their Platinum Edition DVD's. If they hold true to their timing of 7 years in the vault, those movies will not be available again on any medium until 2010 and 2011. The Upcoming Sleeping Beauty on BluRay is also a Platinum Edition, though I am wondering why the Spring release of the 101 Dalmations Platinum Edition does not include a BluRay alternative.

That may be true, but if they were put away in a vault for later release why are they showing clips of them in hi-def? Someone at Disney must be working on this, the question is when?
post #68 of 2634 Old 10-24-2007, 01:35 PM

hmmmm, i just sold my pair of tickets last night for the San Jose show 12/16...lower level, next to the stage
post #69 of 2634 Old 10-24-2007, 02:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post

Did it say "Coming Soon"? Coming Soon is the most vague statement that was ever coined.

Wolfie

what about "indefinitely"?

post #70 of 2634 Old 10-24-2007, 02:44 PM
AVS Special Member

There's also a few clips within the trailer for Disney's Enchanted http://www.apple.com/trailers/disney/enchanted/hd/

It's interesting to know that films including Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, The Lion King, and The Hunchback of Notre Dame went through the CAPS which produced 2k at 1.66:1 aspect ratio (2048 X 1232).
LL
post #71 of 2634 Old 10-24-2007, 03:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-parker View Post

That may be true, but if they were put away in a vault for later release why are they showing clips of them in hi-def? Someone at Disney must be working on this, the question is when?

I'm sorry I did not make it clear. The clips were part of the the Enchanted preview, which was in high-def. You can view the trailer here at apple.com

For those who can't view it or would like a synopsis:
Flash of new Disney CGI logo
Caption: "Of all the classic Disney stories..."
Video of Lion King scene holding announcing Simba's birth.
Caption: "Of all the miraculous adventures..."
Video of Buz and Woody flying from Toy Story and then Tarzan swinging on vine, landing, and looking over his shoulder.
Caption: "Of all the magical tales..."
Flash of video of Genie coming out of the lamp in Aladdin, Closeup of Belle from Beauty and the Beast, Sorcerer's Apprentice Mickey on the Mountain from Fantasia, the breaking of the curse from Beauty and the Beast.
Caption: "There has never been anything..."
Caption: "Like Enchanted"
Video of animated portions of new movie Enchanted: Cottage in the forest surrounded by birds, prince on a horse laughing, a princess in a gown with birds putting a tiara on her head, etc. until Malificent throws the princess into a fountain and she travels through some weird portal and comes out of the sewer as a flesh and blood live action character.

So, again, this is the HD version of the Enchanted trailer, not a "coming soon' announcement for any of the titles they provide clips for. Go view the trailer for yourself again and see. It's in 1080p on the site.

The stars at night
Are big and bright
Deep in the Heart of Texas Theater!
post #72 of 2634 Old 10-24-2007, 08:30 PM

they need to get on Pinnochio, STAT!
post #73 of 2634 Old 10-24-2007, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuma79 View Post

So many Disney movies have scenes that frightened me when I was a small child. Monstro the whale being one of them. Needless to say, I've seen them more recently and they are all great stories. They should hurry up and ship the classics out on the Blu-train.
post #74 of 2634 Old 10-24-2007, 08:57 PM

I have a hard time believing you'll see any of Disney's top-tier animated films on HDM before 2009.

--

Aaron J. Bossig

Some people like to complain about BluRay. I just like to watch movies in HD. I'm funny like that.
post #75 of 2634 Old 10-24-2007, 09:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybersoga View Post

There's also a few clips within the trailer for Disney's Enchanted http://www.apple.com/trailers/disney/enchanted/hd/

It's interesting to know that films including Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, The Lion King, and The Hunchback of Notre Dame went through the CAPS which produced 2k at 1.66:1 aspect ratio (2048 X 1232).

(stares at that little morsal comparison)

-DROOL-

I ain't too proud to say it. I'm 30 and the Lion King is one of my favorite films ever made.

The opening sequence was BORN for HD! So many hues and colors, sounds, thumps... it's like an HD reel tailor made!

•

post #76 of 2634 Old 10-24-2007, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodsLabRat View Post

I have a hard time believing you'll see any of Disney's top-tier animated films on HDM before 2009.

Well, I consider "Sleeping Beauty" in the top tier. It is a mesmerizing animated film. It is currently slated for fall 2008 I believe.
post #77 of 2634 Old 10-24-2007, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronSCH View Post

Well, I consider "Sleeping Beauty" in the top tier. It is a mesmerizing animated film. It is currently slated for fall 2008 I believe.

Though its no hidden fact that I prefer HD-DVD I have a hard time believing that Sleeping Beauty is going to be as format important as TF or SM3.
post #78 of 2634 Old 10-24-2007, 10:45 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davio View Post

I kinda thought the same thing about animation, but have you seen the trailer for The Simpsons movie (it's on the Playstation Network if you haven't and you have a PS3)in high-def? It's AMAZING. Like you could dip your finger in the picture and it'd come out yellow. It's like the highest quality, cleanest paint job you'll ever see on a car, very deep.
post #79 of 2634 Old 10-24-2007, 10:46 PM

Oh and I am about as AZ as its gets. Born on 19th ave and Bethany and dates a girl born on the same side of town 4 years later.......
post #80 of 2634 Old 10-24-2007, 11:52 PM

i think we'll see at least one more besides SB next year, I wonder if we'll be treated to the Platinum collection treatment they gave us with the DVD versions
post #81 of 2634 Old 10-25-2007, 08:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Clearly there is no benefit to 2D animation on the HD formats!

Damn I want the Lion King in HD...
post #82 of 2634 Old 10-26-2007, 06:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paku View Post

Clearly there is no benefit to 2D animation on the HD formats!

Damn I want the Lion King in HD...

Why are they both 2.35:1? TLK was 1.66:1.
post #83 of 2634 Old 10-26-2007, 06:41 AM
AVS Special Member

The Enchanted trailer was 2.35:1 so I cropped the DVD shot as well in order to make a direct comparison.
post #84 of 2634 Old 11-11-2007, 05:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuma79 View Post

I was searching " Aladdin Blu Ray " on Google, and came across this article from dvdtown.com . Mind you that I did not read the entire article, but they said at one part of this event they showed a list of forthcoming Disney Movies on BR? or BD?. Here are some of them:

1. Aladdin [abc HD, missed it ]; The Lion King [abc HD, missed it ]
2. Toy Story 2, but no Toy Story 1 [abc HD, missed it ], listed?

4. Monsters Inc.

5. Dumbo/Peter Pan/Pinnochio; Lilo & Stitch; Pocohontas; and The Little
Mermaid.

I didn't see (3.) Finding Nemo or Fantasia listed on there. But as some of us now, they were pictured (along w/ MI I believe), in a Sony BR ad. Thanks for listening to my ramblings.

http://www.dvdtown.com/news/the-latest-on-blu-ray/4880

Thanks for your input SirDrexl & sunstar 715. It always helps if you read the whole article (shame on me). Will definitely be doing that.

MISSED "A Bug's Life" HD (abc).

"Don't f**K with my levels!"
post #85 of 2634 Old 11-11-2007, 05:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Sleeping Beauty will be the first animated classic next fall. I would expect that to be the start of them releasing Platinum titles day and date with the DVD counterparts, so we would get two per year from then on. I will be pleasantly surprised if they release them faster than that. Pinnochio should be slated for 2009, but we'll see.

I'm only referring to Platinum titles, so we could get titles like Dumbo, Alice in Wonderland, etc., at any time after SB (but probably no more than a few each year). I would expect no more than one or two Pixar catalog titles each year, and you just know they'll hold Toy Story 1 and 2 for the release of Toy Story 3.

I'd love for them to open the vaults and get these out sooner, but I'm trying to keep my expectations in check because I've seen how these things take time.
post #86 of 2634 Old 11-11-2007, 06:05 PM

from the article it says they plan on release 3-4 platinum titles every spring and fall after sb releases next october

Blu soon?
It wasn't all technology talk, though. At a mill-and-mingle breakfast, Dan Bradley of TheManRoom.com and I sat down with Disney exec Ho and talked new releases. "Sleeping Beauty" had been previously announced as the first classic animated title to be released in Blu-ray, and Ho said that after that October '08 release, Disney would be releasing three to four "Platinum" titles every spring and fall. With noticeable passion he talked about how breathless all the studio brass were when they got their first glimpse of "Sleeping Beauty" on Blu-ray. Ho didn't say so, and there's obviously no timetable, but a big screen demonstration we watched at the "Ratatouille" release party the following evening listed these Disney titles as forthcoming in Blu-ray:

"Aladdin"
"The Chronicles of Narnia: the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe"
"Cinderella"
"Dumbo"
"Freaky Friday"
"Lilo & Stitch"
"The Lion King"
"The Little Mermaid"
"The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh"
"Monster's Inc."
"National Treasure"
"101 Dalmatians"
"The Parent Trap"
"Peter Pan"
"Pinocchio"
"Pocahontas"
"The Princess Diaries"
"The Rookie"
"The Santa Clause"
"The Santa Clause 2"
"The Shaggy Dog"
"Tarzan"
"Toy Story 2"
post #87 of 2634 Old 11-12-2007, 12:42 AM
KMR

I would give up my best friend's wife's left testicle if we got Lion King and both Toy Stories out on blu-ray.
post #88 of 2634 Old 12-10-2007, 03:54 AM

Any idea about a Blu-Ray release on this one?

It isn't hitting cinemas here in Aus and I need my Sarah Michelle Gellar fix.
post #89 of 2634 Old 12-10-2007, 10:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Keep an eye on the news websites. If it hasn't been announced there's nothing we can tell you. Given that it's only just come out in the US I doubt we'll see it before easter at the earliest.
post #90 of 2634 Old 12-10-2007, 10:52 AM
Advanced Member

I think SONY has Home Entertainment rights for it. They will probably release it on BLU RAY.
Reply Blu-ray Software

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page