AVS Forum banner

The Official BD Wishlist and "When or will this movie come out on BD/UHD? Thread

334K views 3K replies 1K participants last post by  FLTWS 
#1 ·
Does anyone know if the the BBC or similar plan to put out any Blu Ray stuff.

Im looking for any of the BBC at the Proms Hi Def broadcasts from Norah Jones..Paul Weller...Amy Winehouse...Corrine Bailey Rae.

Or maybe tv shows like ROBIN HOOD...BLEAK HOUSE...HOTEL BABYLON..

#5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippy710199 /forum/post/0

Does anyone know if the the BBC or similar plan to put out any Blu Ray stuff.

Im looking for any of the BBC at the Proms Hi Def broadcasts from Norah Jones..Paul Weller...Amy Winehouse...Corrine Bailey Rae.

Or maybe tv shows like ROBIN HOOD...BLEAK HOUSE...HOTEL BABYLON..

I believe the BBC's Planet Earth is already available for pre-order. Since Warner Home Video releases BBC programming in the US it is available for both formats.

#7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon smith /forum/post/0

Spooks and Life on Mars were not made in HD.

Torchwood would be great though. One of the cleanest HD pictures i've seen and the BBC HD feed is on a par with the majority of disc releases we've had.

Torchwood would be sweet!

#8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippy710199 /forum/post/0

Yeah i got that on my list. But im talking more about tv shows like Bleak House and the like..

You mean other than documentaries?

It's a bit early, don't forget that very few shows are shot in HD and none are shot on film.

In terms of films we've had Layer Cake and James Bond. We're also due Sense and Sensibility, Lawrence of Arabia and Battle of Britain. Of course, how "British" they are is up for debate.

#10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkrio /forum/post/0

Anyone know when the blu ray version of the Princess Bride is coming out?

Its a Fox/MGM title and all Fox titles are in limbo currently. We've been told for like several weeks now that Fox will announce something soon.

#11 ·
I sure hope so. This is one of my highly-anticipated titles, since the only version I currently have is the first DVD release, which isn't even anamorphic.

#19 ·
Last Of The Mohicans is near the top of my wish list too, but only if it's the original theatrical release, not the watered down director's cut.

Thankfully I have a bootlegged Laserdisc copy of the theatrical. The only thing superior in the DC is Chingachgook's closing monologue.

#22 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonAB /forum/post/11620159

Last Of The Mohicans is near the top of my wish list too, but only if it's the original theatrical release, not the watered down director's cut.

Thankfully I have a bootlegged Laserdisc copy of the theatrical. The only thing superior in the DC is Chingachgook's closing monologue.

Considering FOX has only released the DC for years now, since the first DC on LD, I wouldn't count on it.

Now the good news is that Warner has the internationa rights to this and on DVD they've only released the TC, and with an isolated music score track in 5.1 (I have it right here
). Awesome movie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwduke /forum/post/11620944

Audio always matters. Lossless audio should have been a BD requirement.

Ditto

#23 ·
I remember Dances With Wolves was my first dvd back in 1997 and I got it free with my $600 dollar RCA player that only had a yellow composite output.

#24 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by theforce8686 /forum/post/11616960

Has anyone seen that Football Commercial with Shawn Merriman and Steven Jackson with the Last of the Mohican music playing in the background. It makes me wanna watch that movie so bad. Its the coolest commercial ever.

That is a sick commercial!

#25 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilstinky /forum/post/11624795

I remember Dances With Wolves was my first dvd back in 1997 and I got it free with my $600 dollar RCA player that only had a yellow composite output.

Yeah, I paid $500 for my Toshiba in March of 1997 and was blown away by the picture quality. haha. I think we're getting A LOT more for our money with high definition!

#26 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonAB /forum/post/11620159

"Watered down" and "Director's Cut" are two phrases that I would never expect to see in the same sentence in regards to a film. I guess I've only ever seen the DC, since I distinctly remember the monologue at the end.

What was changed from the theatrical release?

Sorry to bump an "old" topic.