post #4171 of 4176 Old 06-18-2008, 07:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Rein View Post

Best Buy has a free "Hancock" sneak preview disk. I swear, it's so well put together you would have sworn Hancock was already out on Blu-Ray when you see it on the shelves. Nice Disney/Sony case, artwork and even two-sided at that! Comes free with any Blu-Ray purchase.

So, I picked up 2 movies, figured I would grab 2 Hancock peeks to go along with them both and use them for replacement cases. The first one rang up free, but the second one did not as it's one free per movie. I asked how much and he said it's a penny without purchase. This is like the good ole days of the FOX Promos on DVD where they were .01 for the demo.

Just thought I'd throw that out for those looking for a deal on replacement cases.

I also picked up 2 Hancock sneak preview Blu-ray discs for .01 with a purchase of a any Sony/Paramount titles of course.

The Hancock sneak peak preview is definitely better(PQ) than the previews/trailers I've seen in the theaters.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4172 of 4176 Old 06-18-2008, 07:19 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugnax555 View Post

In my experience, Tower is a place you need to keep an eye on with regards to your order. I ordered a batch of 5 CDs from them several months ago and received three different shipping notifications spread out throughout the next week. You'd think this would mean that they shipped it all out in three different packages. Nope--it all came in one package, just with three different packing slips inserted. Also, they were out of stock on the last CD (but charged me up-front for it anyways). After two months I remembered that I still hadn't received it from them. I had to contact them to find out what was going on. It turns out that the CD was now out of print and that they didn't expect to get any more copies. I had to ask them for a refund (remember, they already charged me for it even though they weren't going to be able to deliver it).

Moral of the story--if one of the discs you ordered is OOS, keep an eye on them to make sure they eventually send you a copy (or give you a refund).

Any issues with the refund?
post #4173 of 4176 Old 06-18-2008, 07:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
"Blade Runner" 5-disc BD for $12?!?!?!?! That's insane, I'm ordering it and I didn't even like the movie much. It doesn't even say "On Sale" unlike some of the others.

Also "300" for $11.86. Just need to find another I want to get free shipping.
post #4174 of 4176 Old 06-18-2008, 07:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabre View Post

Any issues with the refund?

Once I contacted them about it? No. It would've been nice had I received some sort of notification from them saying the CD was OOP, though.
post #4175 of 4176 Old 06-18-2008, 07:54 AM

I am interested in The Lives of Others (one of the better movies I have ever seen). I went to tower.com to double check this price as it seems too good to be true. If you do a search for the movies you will get two Blu-ray hits. The one you list and one for $26. The $26 movie has the Blu-ray logo on the top and the one you list below does not. I am thinking it's a mistake. Tried to call them but they aren't open yet. You may want to check it out.

post #4176 of 4176 Old 06-18-2008, 07:59 AM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 72
New thread :http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1040629

Switcharoo...

larry

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. -- Thomas Alva Edison
Closed Thread Blu-ray Software

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page