post #3241 of 4014 Old 04-18-2012, 08:31 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 636 Post(s)
Liked: 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killroy View Post

UGH!!!! 156 BD titles on my queue and only 3 are showing as available. 20% showing "Short wait" for more than 3-weeks, 30% showing "Long Wait" for more than a month and the rest showing "Unavailable".

/me thinks its time for a change.

I think that's what happened to many of us. I got to the point where nothing was being sent to me. And without anything being sent I couldn't do an in store exchange.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3242 of 4014 Old 04-19-2012, 06:43 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 238 Post(s)
Liked: 618
I've had it .. I might as well just hand the money to a homeless person where it might actually do some good ..

Luck to all of you, I'm done with BB ..

Uncle Willie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #3243 of 4014 Old 04-19-2012, 06:53 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked: 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

I've had it .. I might as well just hand the money to a homeless person where it might actually do some good ..

Luck to all of you, I'm done with BB ..

Welcome to the growing club made up of those who have cancelled their BB subscriptions. I left shortly after the first of the year and have not looked back. Recently resubscribed to HBO and Showtime in order to see Game of Thrones, Nurse Jackie, and a few made for TV movie that interested me. Have also been buying a few more BDs when I can find them suitably discounted. Finally, I rent an occasional BD from Redbox. This combination is working well so far.
post #3244 of 4014 Old 04-19-2012, 08:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I logged in today to only find 7 movies in my queue. Yesterday I had 13 movies in my queue and today I only have 7. At first I was wondering what the heck is happening. I noticed that they moved all the titles that were unavailable down into the not available section of the queue. Titles such as Frozen Planet that had a release date of April 17th went from being released on April 17th, to unavailable on April 17th to unknown. So, I wonder if Blockbuster, from here on out will list availability as unknown if they don't have it or not sure when or if they will get it. The Artist, which releases next week also says unknown. Anyone else notice this in their queues?
post #3245 of 4014 Old 04-19-2012, 08:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Yeah, over 100 of my titles went into the death pit of despair.
post #3246 of 4014 Old 04-19-2012, 09:28 PM
AVS Special Member

I don't mind if they actually do this if they plan on not carrying the title right away or at all. At least this way we don't have false hope of them carrying it on release day. I hope they do this for future releases before they come out. Its only fair to the customer.
post #3247 of 4014 Old 04-20-2012, 04:31 AM

Liked: 10
Now if only they'd stop listing titles they don't have in stock in the search. You can still search for Frozen Planet and try to add it to your queue. That is really annoying.
post #3248 of 4014 Old 04-20-2012, 07:18 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 418
Quote:
Originally Posted by vazel View Post

Now if only they'd stop listing titles they don't have in stock in the search. You can still search for Frozen Planet and try to add it to your queue. That is really annoying.

That's one thing I do prefer about Netflix - the add to queue button becomes a "save" button when the title is unavailable.

I just wish their streaming service had more of the stuff they didn't have on disc. I'd actually pay the freight for that.

post #3249 of 4014 Old 04-20-2012, 12:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by vazel View Post

In my case all the "Unavailables" have been purged from my queue, but if I search on one of those discs e.g. American Graffiti Blu-ray, not only can I find the AG Blu-ray, but it shows-up as In queue. Of course, it is not--it is gone.

They apparently are trying to clean-up their database and have a way to go yet.
post #3250 of 4014 Old 04-22-2012, 01:17 PM
AVS Club Gold

I signed back up for BB with the free month they offered. I did the three at a time since it was free. So I guess I'll see how they do again. There were around 8 or 9 titles in my queue that they supposedly have available that Netflix doesn't have, so I figured since it is free I have nothing to lose by trying them out again.

post #3251 of 4014 Old 04-22-2012, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

I have nothing to lose by trying them out again.

Except your mind.

I guess being an "HD addict" goes hand in hand with being a glutton for punishment.

-Shimon
post #3252 of 4014 Old 04-24-2012, 03:18 PM
AVS Special Member

More titles are unavailable. The Fields and Innkeepers (2 horror movies) are listed as unknown for availibility. Netflix does not have them on Blu-ray either. I am one of those people that will only rent a movie on Blu-ray if its available on Blu-ray. I am stingy in that regard. Is it just me or is it getting harder and harder to get smaller releases on Blu-ray?
post #3253 of 4014 Old 04-24-2012, 03:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 47
this is getting so bad. why did dish buy bb when they obviously have no clue how to run a dvd rental biz,

just awful.

i don't even have to pay to use their streaming/dvd service but we just signed up for nf since bb is now useless.

neflixis our nemesis
post #3254 of 4014 Old 04-24-2012, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. wally View Post

this is getting so bad. why did dish buy bb when they obviously have no clue how to run a dvd rental biz

BB didn't know how to run a DVD rental business either otherwise they wouldn't have declared bankruptcy and Dish wouldn't have bought them.

-Shimon
post #3255 of 4014 Old 04-26-2012, 05:24 AM
AVS Club Gold

I guess BB is still not doing things right. I had two titles at the top of my queue. Each title had two discs. I separated the second title so it could be split up and kept the first title discs together. So what do they send me, they split up the first title and kept the second title together. The opposite of what was listed in my queue. All discs are still showing as available. SO there should have been no reason to do this.

post #3256 of 4014 Old 04-27-2012, 08:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimonmor View Post

BB didn't know how to run a DVD rental business either otherwise they wouldn't have declared bankruptcy and Dish wouldn't have bought them.

Actually they were very successful for many years. Their problem was this, they completely failed to recognize the shift in the rental model from large footprint B&M to subscription by mail and kiosk. Indeed, look at the latest report on Redbox here. If this rate continues, then Redbox is could haul in more than 2 billion this year.

post #3257 of 4014 Old 04-28-2012, 10:06 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendell R. Breland View Post

Actually they were very successful for many years. Their problem was this, they completely failed to recognize the shift in the rental model from large footprint B&M to subscription by mail and kiosk. Indeed, look at the latest report on Redbox here. If this rate continues, then Redbox is could haul in more than 2 billion this year.

Bingo.

The same thing happened to TiVo. They failed to see the shift toward "service based" DVRs that you lease from your cable or satellite provider as the future of DVRs. They nearly became the generic name that no longer exists. Right now, the main thing keeping them afloat is lawsuit winnings.

Too often, companies get too big to transform themselves and find themselves running just to catch up with the new kids.

IBM failed to see the wave of PC clones while standing behind OS2. American car companies failed to see the onslaught of cheap, small foreign cars and struggled all the way to the bailouts. The music industry failed to see the rise of cheap digital music. Small stores failed to see big stores while big stores failed to spot the popularity online stores.

It's only great to be king if you rule with your ear to the ground.

post #3258 of 4014 Old 04-28-2012, 10:47 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetworkTV View Post

Bingo.

The same thing happened to TiVo. They failed to see the shift toward "service based" DVRs that you lease from your cable or satellite provider as the future of DVRs. They nearly became the generic name that no longer exists. Right now, the main thing keeping them afloat is lawsuit winnings.

I've used TiVo DVRs since 2000. I just got a Premiere Elite. My daughter and her husband recently got disgusted, gave up on Cox's primitive DVRs, and bought a couple of TiVos. That said, TiVo seems to be hanging on by its fingernails, despite my best efforts and those of my family to contribute to the company's bottom line. You are also right that TiVo's revenues from its patent infringement lawsuits have resulted in it receiving important money. TiVo settled its suit against AT&T for $215 million! They filed a new suit last month, this time against Motorola and Time Warner. TiVo's DVR patents are apparently remarkably comprehensive so there is no telling how long it can keep getting money from the vendors and commercial buyers of competing products. Thus, unlike the old BB, it looks like the company will not be going away for a while yet, at least I hope that's the case.
post #3259 of 4014 Old 04-28-2012, 11:06 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

I've used TiVo DVRs since 2000. I just got a Premiere Elite. My daughter and her husband recently got disgusted, gave up on Cox's primitive DVRs, and bought a couple of TiVos. That said, TiVo seems to be hanging on by its fingernails, despite my best efforts and those of my family to contribute to the company's bottom line. You are also right that TiVo's revenues from its patent infringement lawsuits have resulted in it receiving important money. TiVo settled its suit against AT&T for $215 million! They filed a new suit last month, this time against Motorola and Time Warner. TiVo's DVR patents are apparently remarkably comprehensive so there is no telling how long it can keep getting money from the vendors and commercial buyers of competing products. Thus, unlike the old BB, it looks like the company will not be going away for a while yet, at least I hope that's the case.

The tide has shifted at TiVo. After five or six years of declining subscriber numbers, their subscriber numbers are on the rise again. They have partnered with a bunch of cable companies in the US and overseas which is the main factor in the subscriber increase. Plus the lawsuits they have won or settled will continue bringing hundreds of millions of dollars in over several more years.

post #3260 of 4014 Old 04-28-2012, 12:57 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

The tide has shifted at TiVo. After five or six years of declining subscriber numbers, their subscriber numbers are on the rise again. They have partnered with a bunch of cable companies in the US and overseas which is the main factor in the subscriber increase. Plus the lawsuits they have won or settled will continue bringing hundreds of millions of dollars in over several more years.

Another factor that bodes well for TiVo is a remarkably loyal customer base, of which fact you and I are living proof.
post #3261 of 4014 Old 04-28-2012, 06:14 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

I guess BB is still not doing things right. I had two titles at the top of my queue. Each title had two discs. I separated the second title so it could be split up and kept the first title discs together. So what do they send me, they split up the first title and kept the second title together. The opposite of what was listed in my queue. All discs are still showing as available. SO there should have been no reason to do this.

I realized today that one of the discs they sent me was a DVD instead of a BD. Another error. Supposedly they are sending me out a replacement BD. But the queue is not showing this like Netflix does.
I guess I'll see how many more times they mess up over the next few weeks. At this rate I don't think I'll be using it past my free month they gave me for returning.

post #3262 of 4014 Old 05-01-2012, 07:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Well I wonder if this is a glitch or I'm being throttled?

I received my disc on last Wednsday, like normal. Did the in-store trade-in last Friday, like normal. Returned the in-store disc on Saturday, like normal. Yesterday, no word on another disc from my queue. Checked my list and it showed that I had nothing at home. And I did receive the emails saying that they did receive everything I returned. Today I got the email saying my next disc is being shipped, but I won't receive it until this Friday. Screws everything up since the wife and I go out on Saturdays.

Like I said, maybe it's just a glitch. But then again maybe they noticed I'm getting a pretty consistant 2 discs per week and I'm not paying them that much money. My mail order plan is part of my Dish subscription package.

OK, rant off!
post #3263 of 4014 Old 05-01-2012, 11:01 AM

I just put my BB account on hold and started a one month Netflix free trial. The 3 DVD + BR plan will cost me $4 more every month but as of now it feels worth it. Blockbuster seems to be sending me all the movies on my queue position 25 or lower. Plus delivery times are slowing down significantly and customer service just sends me crappy canned answers for why I have no movies to watch when there are 700 items in my queue.

P.S. Not having to wait 3 minutes for my queue page to load is worth the 4 extra$ by itself.

post #3264 of 4014 Old 05-01-2012, 01:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgd2z View Post

I just put my BB account on hold and started a one month Netflix free trial. The 3 DVD + BR plan will cost me $4 more every month but as of now it feels worth it. Blockbuster seems to be sending me all the movies on my queue position 25 or lower. Plus delivery times are slowing down significantly and customer service just sends me crappy canned answers for why I have no movies to watch when there are 700 items in my queue.

P.S. Not having to wait 3 minutes for my queue page to load is worth the 4 extra$ by itself.

+1

yep even more expensive nf is worth paying since bb can't seem to set up a navigable website.

neflixis our nemesis
post #3265 of 4014 Old 05-01-2012, 03:08 PM
R11
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 43
How is your pricing different? The three BR at a time costs me the same $20 a month I was paying BB...

ron
post #3266 of 4014 Old 05-01-2012, 03:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by R11 View Post

How is your pricing different? The three BR at a time costs me the same $20 a month I was paying BB...

ron

because we are dish subs with the movie pass bb rentals are free, but we can't get the bd titles we want from bb so now i will be paying nf $9.99 a month for something i should be getting for free.

neflixis our nemesis
post #3267 of 4014 Old 05-02-2012, 10:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Matt View Post

Has anyone read this today? Blockbuster is making a guarantee that you will be able to rent Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol. Right now its listed as available, but they have not sent it out to me. Its #1 in my queue and I have had an open slot since Sunday afternoon.

http://www.homemediamagazine.com/blo...-rentals-26984

I received Ghost Protocol blu-ray a few days after it was released. On the other hand, I've had War Horse in my queue for over a month.

p.s. the link you posted is for in-store rentals, not the mail service.

post #3268 of 4014 Old 05-02-2012, 04:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by caesar1 View Post

p.s. the link you posted is for in-store rentals, not the mail service.

Yeah, I realize that, but its sort of misleading since Michael Kelly mentioned this will be for Blockbuster Total Access subscribers as well. Never did he mention this was in-store only.
post #3269 of 4014 Old 05-02-2012, 07:24 PM
AVS Club Gold

I took it as applying to Total Access subscribers when they go into a store to do an exchange.

post #3270 of 4014 Old 05-02-2012, 07:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
I like how the unavailable/unknown titles are now split out of the main online queue ala Netflix. Of course, my actual queue with this change has become shockingly short...

Reply Blu-ray Software

Tags
Blu Ray Movies

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page