Blockbuster BD rental discussion thread - Page 111 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #3301 of 4013 Old 05-19-2012, 10:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 247
A few days ago I tried adding The Grey to my queue and it wouldn't let me. I thought it was just a site glitch. But apparently not. I tried again today and the same thing.

Growing Older But Not Up
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3302 of 4013 Old 05-19-2012, 11:03 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post

A few days ago I tried adding The Grey to my queue and it wouldn't let me. I thought it was just a site glitch. But apparently not. I tried again today and the same thing.

I'm glad they had sent it out to me on Monday. I actually received it on Tuesday from BB.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #3303 of 4013 Old 05-19-2012, 11:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

I'm glad they had sent it out to me on Monday. I actually received it on Tuesday from BB.

You must have got the only copy. I can click on the "add to queue" icon a million times and nothing happens. It won't let me add it.

Growing Older But Not Up
post #3304 of 4013 Old 05-19-2012, 12:28 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post

You must have got the only copy. I can click on the "add to queue" icon a million times and nothing happens. It won't let me add it.

That's weird. The Grey is in my queue with a "Short Wait" status. And it is also advertised in a large picture when you go to the main blockbuster page. So don't know why you can't add it. Did you try adding other stuff to your queue? Maybe they had a glitch in their system.
post #3305 of 4013 Old 05-19-2012, 12:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltzonice View Post

That's weird. The Grey is in my queue with a "Short Wait" status. And it is also advertised in a large picture when you go to the main blockbuster page. So don't know why you can't add it. Did you try adding other stuff to your queue? Maybe they had a glitch in their system.

I thought it was a glitch when I first tried it a few days ago. Then I read Matt Stevens post and tried again today. Same frustrating result. Just to make sure I added several other titles with no problem. I dunno. Perhaps BB only got a handful of these titles in.

Growing Older But Not Up
post #3306 of 4013 Old 05-20-2012, 02:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
That has to be some sort of error. Blockbuster shipped The Grey to me on Monday so it definitely is available.
post #3307 of 4013 Old 05-20-2012, 05:52 AM
AVS Club Gold

I already returned mine. When I tried to add it to the queue again I got the same error as someone posted.

LED DLP

post #3308 of 4013 Old 05-21-2012, 01:08 PM

Yeah, there's some glitch with their system. I have The Grey in my queue but it says short wait after showing as available for a while. They sent me an available movie further down my queue when both MI: Ghost Protocol and The Grey showed as available. I tried adding Limitless the other night and it would not let me so something funky is up with their system.

Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand.
post #3309 of 4013 Old 05-21-2012, 01:11 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 515
Got the Grey on Tuesday day of release ..

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

post #3310 of 4013 Old 05-22-2012, 01:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 42
A few times lately I couldn't add from search results, but could from the "see all versions" popup.

Eve: I thought I was through getting involved with men who were trouble. Falling in love on a look. I can't look at you.

Mickey: You have perfection about you. Your eyes have music. Your heart's the best part of your body. And when you move, every man, woman and child is forced to watch.
post #3311 of 4013 Old 05-24-2012, 06:31 PM
AVS Club Gold

Well I was afraid this would happen. They got payment from me after the free month, and now it's like they are a different company again. Not shipping me anything that was available in my queue over the last few days.

LED DLP

post #3312 of 4013 Old 05-24-2012, 09:04 PM

I cancelled my Blockbuster account back in April, after having it on hold for months. They sent me an email promising 1 month free if I returned. I never clicked on the link in the email and I just forgot about the offer, until recently. Now when I click on the link, it takes me to a page where I can re-subscribe, but no offer of 1 free month. There is a spot to enter a promo code. Does anyone know of a promo code that will give 1 free month for returning subscribers?

"Here on the moon, our weekends are so advanced, they encompass the entire week." Ignignokt from Aqua Teen Hunger Force
post #3313 of 4013 Old 05-25-2012, 06:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Location: East of the Sun, West of the Moon (Home Farm, Emmerdale, Yorks)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by randalthor View Post

I cancelled my Blockbuster account back in April, after having it on hold for months. They sent me an email promising 1 month free if I returned. I never clicked on the link in the email and I just forgot about the offer, until recently. Now when I click on the link, it takes me to a page where I can re-subscribe, but no offer of 1 free month. There is a spot to enter a promo code. Does anyone know of a promo code that will give 1 free month for returning subscribers?

Could try:
IMAGLUTTONFORPUNISHMENT

You shouldn't need a code. Just clear your cookies and go to BB.com. It will come up with a 30 day free trial link.

Speaking from experience, service hasn't changed so don't expect much of anything.
post #3314 of 4013 Old 05-25-2012, 05:02 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by randalthor View Post

I had trouble claiming my free month too. I had to email customer support and they sorted me out.
post #3315 of 4013 Old 05-25-2012, 09:50 PM
AVS Club Gold

Yes Blockbuster online is acting completely different now that I'm on a paid month. I had added a title to my queue a couple of weeks ago, and later that day I realized it was the 3D version so I removed it from my queue. It hasn't been in my queue for almost two weeks. So what does Blockbuster do? They send me this 3D title that isn't in my queue. WTF?? In 13+ years with Netflix, I don't think that has ever happened.

LED DLP

post #3316 of 4013 Old 05-26-2012, 02:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

Yes Blockbuster online is acting completely different now that I'm on a paid month. I had added a title to my queue a couple of weeks ago, and later that day I realized it was the 3D version so I removed it from my queue. It hasn't been in my queue for almost two weeks. So what does Blockbuster do? They send me this 3D title that isn't in my queue. WTF?? In 13+ years with Netflix, I don't think that has ever happened.

This happens to me from time to time too and customer service pretty much does nothing for you. I receive the standard reply. Its almost as if they believe nothing is wrong with their system at all and think we are at fault for it.
post #3317 of 4013 Old 05-29-2012, 04:14 PM
AVS Special Member

No True Blood season 4 either. They gave the option a week ago to switch it from DVD to Blu-ray, but then they don't even carry it. Another mislead!
post #3318 of 4013 Old 05-30-2012, 08:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Matt View Post

No True Blood season 4 either. They gave the option a week ago to switch it from DVD to Blu-ray, but then they don't even carry it. Another mislead!

I don't know how close a BB store is to you. But TB is showing at the stores near me. Could always do trade-ins for it.
post #3319 of 4013 Old 05-30-2012, 02:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhufnagel View Post

I don't know how close a BB store is to you. But TB is showing at the stores near me. Could always do trade-ins for it.

It takes nearly 20 minutes to get to the next closest store. They shut down the store that was 3 minutes away from me back in March of last year and then the next closest store was 10 minutes away, but they shut that one down too. Now the next closest is 20 minutes away or longer in rush hour. I think the stores would only carry DVD for season 4. Does your store carry season 4 on Blu-ray?
post #3320 of 4013 Old 06-03-2012, 02:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Matt View Post

It takes nearly 20 minutes to get to the next closest store. They shut down the store that was 3 minutes away from me back in March of last year and then the next closest store was 10 minutes away, but they shut that one down too. Now the next closest is 20 minutes away or longer in rush hour. I think the stores would only carry DVD for season 4. Does your store carry season 4 on Blu-ray?

My store does have it on BD.
post #3321 of 4013 Old 06-03-2012, 02:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Looks like the closest store to me has 1 copy of each disc on Blu-ray. At least thats what its saying when I just logged in to see my queue.
post #3322 of 4013 Old 06-04-2012, 07:46 AM

Liked: 12
It must be christmas, I'm actually getting Safe House shipped to me before tomorrow's release. This happened a lot when I had Netflix...
post #3323 of 4013 Old 06-04-2012, 04:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tienvg View Post

It must be christmas, I'm actually getting Safe House shipped to me before tomorrow's release. This happened a lot when I had Netflix...

They have been doing this more and more it seems like. The previous 2 weeks they shipped me something on Monday that was coming out the following day and I received it on Tuesday. This week I had no such luck, but I will not complain as they did ship me out disc 1 of season 4 of True Blood. What I will and can complain about is that both John Carter and Act of Valor mysteriously went straight to the unknown category for availability. These are 2 fairly big releases. Hopefully they get them in the coming days ahead.
post #3324 of 4013 Old 06-06-2012, 02:18 PM
AVS Club Gold

I got safe House sent to me, but Act of Valor and John Carter didn't. Now I wish I had not returned the three titles this past weekend. I could have gone to the local store to pick them up on Tuesday morning.

LED DLP

post #3325 of 4013 Old 06-08-2012, 01:45 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 48
Right now I have JOHN CARTER at the top, it is listed as available and they have not sent it to me. This is day three that they have not sent it to me. Every other title in my Queue is short of long wait. All 12 of them.

Well, this is my wife's free month. I had a free month and it went fine until week 4, where they had an epic fail. So I quit. The wife said give them another chance. We are and it's been lousy. We have ZERO Blu-Rays here and none are being shipped. Thanks, Blockbuster!

Almost every single new title released that we add to the queue goes into the Not Available list at the bottom. Titles like Machine Gun Preacher, Solaris (Criterion), Let The Bullets Fly, Coriolanus, Goon.

mad.gif

Vimeo is the home of the Super8 Shooter...
http://vimeo.com/super8shooter
post #3326 of 4013 Old 06-08-2012, 02:04 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_Stevens View Post

Right now I have JOHN CARTER at the top, it is listed as available and they have not sent it to me. This is day three that they have not sent it to me. Every other title in my Queue is short of long wait. All 12 of them.
Well, this is my wife's free month. I had a free month and it went fine until week 4, where they had an epic fail. So I quit. The wife said give them another chance. We are and it's been lousy. We have ZERO Blu-Rays here and none are being shipped. Thanks, Blockbuster!
Almost every single new title released that we add to the queue goes into the Not Available list at the bottom. Titles like Machine Gun Preacher, Solaris (Criterion), Let The Bullets Fly, Coriolanus, Goon.
mad.gif

Pretty much a summary of what many seem to be experiencing with BB these days ..

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

post #3327 of 4013 Old 06-11-2012, 12:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 42
exact reason why I just cancelled. I emailed them about it and they said to add more movies to my queue so they can ship out more available titles, but unless I keep the exact movies I want in my queue, they almost never send the new releases and will jump to an older title to send out
post #3328 of 4013 Old 06-11-2012, 10:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Hugo has been "available" for me for several days, but it refuses to ship. I even tried removing it from my queue and adding it again. Still won't ship.
post #3329 of 4013 Old 06-11-2012, 10:34 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 48
Nothing has shipped for me in 7 days, despite a full queue. John Carter at top, was available for 5 of those days before going on short wait.

Vimeo is the home of the Super8 Shooter...
http://vimeo.com/super8shooter
post #3330 of 4013 Old 06-11-2012, 03:12 PM
AVS Club Gold

They sent me John Carter today, but no Sherlock Holmes sequel.

I was ready to pick it up from Redbox tomorrow. They also sent out the Ghost Rider sequel to me today. Of course Netflix did to.

LED DLP

Reply Blu-ray Software

Tags
Blu Ray Movies

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page