New to Blu-ray.com:
Groundhog Day
The Pink Panther
13 Going on 30
Amusement
Center Stage
Children of Men (Import)
Cruising Bar 2
Fearless (Huo Yuan Jia) Director's Cut (Import)
Friday Night Lights
Hate (La Haine) (Import)
King Kong
Missing (Sam hoi tsam yan) (Import)
Pretty Woman
PTU (Import)
Running Scared (Import)
Sparrow (Man jeuk) (Import)
SPL: Kill Zone (Saat po long) (Import)
Street Fighter: Extreme Edition
This is Spinal Tap
Twelve Monkeys (Import)
Walk the Line: Extended Cut (Import)
Xpw: Cold Day in Hell
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 4014 Old 11-18-2008, 01:53 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
New to Blu-ray.com:
Death Trance
Gunnin' for That #1 Spot
Lakeview Terrace
Righteous Kill
The Express
The Pink Panther
The Rocker
Vivaldi: L'estro armonico - The Best of Violin Concetros - Acoustic Reaity Experience

Release date changes:

8 Mile Releasing Dec 16
Aventura - Sold Out at Madison Square Garden Releasing Dec 23
Bottle Rocket - Criterion Collection Releasing Dec 16
Chungking Express (Chung Hing sam lam) - Criterion Collection Releasing Dec 16
Ghost Town Releasing Dec 27
Roberto Carlos - En Vivo Releasing Dec 23
The Duchess Releasing Dec 27
The House Bunny Releasing Dec 19
The Last Emperor - Criterion Collection Releasing Jan 6
The Man Who Fell To Earth - Criterion Collection Releasing Dec 16
The Third Man - Criterion Collection Releasing Dec 16
Wonder Woman Releasing Mar 3
post #453 of 4014 Old 11-18-2008, 03:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 341
Should I have titles with a wait at the top of my queue or does it matter?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kenobi's 31 Days of Horror:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #454 of 4014 Old 11-18-2008, 07:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 130
General, good question...

I rank my Q by the titles I want to see regardless of their availability but I always try and have 10 titles or so "available". I *think* BB looks at/considers how we have ordered our Q.

Anyone else know for sure?
post #455 of 4014 Old 11-21-2008, 09:51 AM

Mamma Mia is now showing available in Blu-ray on 12/16.
post #456 of 4014 Old 11-21-2008, 09:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Blockbuster has gone down in quality!!!

I have had BB total access for more than a year. One at a time. I almost always get Blurays. Generally I have had good experience. But this month has been terrible. First of all I had several available movies in the top of my queue including the first one. It was the Bluray version of Jerry McGuire (I wanted to please the wife after watching action movies for a while).

I returned the previous movie to the store last Sunday. Nothing was shipped to me Monday or Tuesday. Finally Jerry McGuire was shipped on Wednesday. I did not get it on Thursday (normally I get it the next day). Friday I got it. After dinner and putting my daughter to bed, we sat down to watch. The sleeve says Bluray on it. I take the disk out and it is a freaking DVD not Bluray. Man - now I have gone an entire week without a movie from BB.

Pissed!!!
post #457 of 4014 Old 11-22-2008, 07:52 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bommai View Post

I have had BB total access for more than a year. One at a time. I almost always get Blurays. Generally I have had good experience. But this month has been terrible. First of all ...

... The sleeve says Bluray on it. I take the disk out and it is a freaking DVD not Bluray. Man - now I have gone an entire week without a movie from BB.

Pissed!!!

i'm not a bb fanboy, but then, i am.
i totally disagree with you!
their service has great quality.
blockbuster rules!!!
i've been a bb customer for three years now. i have total access, 3 in the mail and unlimited in-store exchanges. the nearest store is 2 miles from my house and directly on an alternate route home from work. i live in small town usa so driving those short distances are no problem.
i get new release blurays in the mail and in the store. when i get one in the store the website ask, if i still want it in my que or not? this thing works great!!! like a boom!!!
i was initially concerned about joining bb. i used to go to a local, smaller operation. i felt guilty about taking my custom away from the small business man video store that happened to be within 10 minutes walking time from my house. for about 9 months or so i used both. but total access helped me over my guilt. after all, bb is american too.

so take a pill and get over being pissed.
put the movies that are most available at the bottom of your que. put least available at the top of your que( one pops up available and it might come to you) put blurays in your online que and get them in the mail and return them to the store and pick up more bluray in store for free.

the way for this thing to work best is to look at anything that might be fun and accept the unexpected.
post #458 of 4014 Old 11-22-2008, 09:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Agreed. You're not getting your $$$$$ worth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl b View Post

Agreed. You're a fanboy.
post #459 of 4014 Old 11-22-2008, 10:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl b View Post

i totally disagree with you!
their service has great quality.
blockbuster rules!!!
i've been a bb customer for three years now. i have total access, 3 in the mail and unlimited in-store exchanges. the nearest store is 2 miles from my house and directly on an alternate route home from work. i live in small town usa so driving those short distances are no problem.
i get new release blurays in the mail and in the store. when i get one in the store the website ask, if i still want it in my que or not? this thing works great!!! like a boom!!!
i was initially concerned about joining bb. i used to go to a local, smaller operation. i felt guilty about taking my custom away from the small business man video store that happened to be within 10 minutes walking time from my house. for about 9 months or so i used both. but total access helped me over my guilt. after all, bb is american too.

so take a pill and get over being pissed.
put the movies that are most available at the bottom of your que. put least available at the top of your que( one pops up available and it might come to you) put blurays in your online que and get them in the mail and return them to the store and pick up more bluray in store for free.

the way for this thing to work best is to look at anything that might be fun and accept the unexpected.

Look - I know you are having a honeymoon with BB right now. But, here is my situation. I was getting good service until recently. All I am saying is that it looks like they are throttling me and also making mistakes!
post #460 of 4014 Old 11-22-2008, 10:45 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

New to Blockbuster.com:
An American Carol
Mamma Mia!
Surfer, Dude
The Women

New to Blu-ray.com:
Appaloosa
Chocolate
Clerks II
Igor
Living Landscapes: Costa Rica
Living Landscapes: Olympic Rainforest
Living Landscapes: Bali
Living Landscapes: California Redwoods
Living Landscapes: Pacific Coast
Living Landscapes: Sacred Canyons of the American Southwest
Michel Vaillant
Miracle at St. Anna
Paranoid Park (Import)
Poison Ivy 4: The Secret Society
RocknRolla
Sky Blue (Import)
Splinter
The Bourne Collection
The Pink Panther
UFC: Best of 2008
post #461 of 4014 Old 11-24-2008, 06:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Again, I want to thank you for all the work you do with this thread. You're one of the reasons I have stayed with BB for so long. I recently tried the Netflix Free Trail and was very impressed with the shipping speed & turn around time of Blu-ray titles vs. BB. In addition, I put the 10 titles that I have been waiting the longest for or "unavailable" in my Netflix Queue and I received all of them. Also, I will save 2 bucks a month with Netflix, but I am more interested in the shipping speed and selection.

Now, I am going to switch and see if Netflix continues with this speedy service. I will post back after a couple of months how Netflix stacks up against BB. It seems funny that I'm changing with 2 BB stores within 2 miles of my home but when BB changed the in-store exchanges from per store to per month, I started to look at what Netflix can do.

The bottom line is that BB has charged me more and gave me less service/movies since I joined two years ago.

Larry
post #462 of 4014 Old 11-24-2008, 10:46 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

You're welcome. I can't disagree with you. BB started out being a significantly better deal and now it's a toss up for some. I'm sure some others would like to hear your comparison.
post #463 of 4014 Old 11-24-2008, 10:50 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

New to Blockbuster.com:
Resident Evil: Degeneration

New to Blu-ray.com:
Afro Samurai: Resurrection (Director's Cut)
Highlander: Season 1
Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist
Nino Rota: Complete Music For Viola /Violin and Piano - Acoustic Reality Experience
Quo Vadis
Rent Filmed Live on Broadway
The Pink Panther
Visual Moods: Ultimate Plasma & LCD Experience
post #464 of 4014 Old 11-24-2008, 08:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:

Blockbuster has gone down in quality!!! I have had BB total access for more than a year. One at a time. I almost always get Blurays. Generally I have had good experience. But this month has been terrible...

I'm starting to see a severe downward turn. I used to return my movies on Sunday and have two new release blurays shipped by monday night. Four weeks now they have stiffed me. They ship one of the new releases and the other one goes to "Unavailable". First it was Halloween (08), then Hellboy II, then Tropic Thunder (went to Long Wait), now Bottlerocket is unavailable.

At this rate, I might as well downgrade my plan to one movie a week because that's all they are sending me.

post #465 of 4014 Old 11-25-2008, 08:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Bottle Rocket is unavailable (if you're talking about the Blu-ray) because the release date got pushed back. As did The Third Man and The Last Emperor.

Not BB's fault on those ones.
post #466 of 4014 Old 11-25-2008, 08:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Now both of my new release blurays for this week are not shipped. Hancock showed available all day long, now it's Long Wait... WTF is that??? I'm done. I'm not paying for this BS. I just downgraded to one per week.

post #467 of 4014 Old 11-28-2008, 10:16 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

New to Blockbuster.com:
Eagle Eye

New to Blu-ray.com:
A Time to Kill
Doom: Unrated
Futurama: Into The Wild Green Yonder
Gulliver's Travels
Max Payne
The Midnight Meat Train
The Pelican Brief
The Pink Panther
The Rundown
post #468 of 4014 Old 12-01-2008, 09:13 AM
AVS Special Member

I've had 2 discs now from BB online that have had maybe one very minor scratch but both pictures started tiling at different parts of the movie and one of the movies got so bad it got stuck and reverted back to the extras menu.

Street Kings and Doomsday both had these issues on my BD55. I've not had a single issue with any discs that I own, be it BD, CD, or DVD. Has anyone else had tiling issues with rented titles? Any feedback would be appreciated as I'm trying to narrow down if this is a disc issue or if my player has a weak laser or something.

post #469 of 4014 Old 12-01-2008, 09:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Quote:

Look - I know you are having a honeymoon with BB right now. But, here is my situation. I was getting good service until recently. All I am saying is that it looks like they are throttling me and also making mistakes!

They throttled me, too. They said they received my movie on Monday of last week, then waited until Wednesday to ship out another movie further down the queue (not at the top). Netflix throttled me all the time, and I wasn't even a heavy user. At least Blockbuster only keeps me waiting for a month at most for new titles. I still remember waiting 3 months for Blood Diamond with Netflix.
post #470 of 4014 Old 12-01-2008, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allargon View Post

They throttled me, too. They said they received my movie on Monday of last week, then waited until Wednesday to ship out another movie further down the queue (not at the top). Netflix throttled me all the time, and I wasn't even a heavy user. At least Blockbuster only keeps me waiting for a month at most for new titles. I still remember waiting 3 months for Blood Diamond with Netflix.

It's beginning to sound like the "throttling" is acceptable. Why do you feel this is ok to give good variable forms of service to different customers?

It's almost like saying "I have won this customer over, so let's focus on gaining new customers with faster / better service".

Can you imagine going to a restaurant and being a regular customer and they give you shoddy food and they give better food to the other customer?

What they would do is ultimately lose both customers.

I too am being throttled and I find this unacceptable.

I am on the edge of going to Netflix, but yes, BB does have the in-store exchange benefit which is getting worse all the time.

I used to be able to drop a movie off or exchange it on a Monday at a store and a new movie ships that same day. Now I am lucky if I get a new movie or two shipped by Wednesday or Thursday.

We should all let BB know how we feel about their techniques.
post #471 of 4014 Old 12-01-2008, 12:59 PM

This is my third year with BB and have noticed a definite slow down by at least 2-3 days.Blu-Ray availability is ok,not great,but service is much slower.I have read the Netflix is worse,so what other choices are there?
post #472 of 4014 Old 12-01-2008, 01:36 PM
AVS Special Member

I just got shipping notification for Wanted BD. I've only been with BB for about 3 weeks and have never had netflix. The BB store near me has a very nice selection of BD's so I've been pretty happy so far having the option of getting something there if it has a long wait online.

post #473 of 4014 Old 12-01-2008, 01:42 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Liked: 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by schoolyard View Post

This is my third year with BB and have noticed a definite slow down by at least 2-3 days.Blu-Ray availability is ok,not great,but service is much slower.I have read the Netflix is worse,so what other choices are there?

So far as I know, BB and NF are the only available mail order choices. When I start to get frustrated, though, I recall that Apple charges $4.99 each to rent one of its HD movies via download and Cox's price is $5.99 each. That tends to make me be a little more flexible.
post #474 of 4014 Old 12-02-2008, 05:46 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Kenobi View Post

I've had 2 discs now from BB online that have had maybe one very minor scratch but both pictures started tiling at different parts of the movie and one of the movies got so bad it got stuck and reverted back to the extras menu.

Street Kings and Doomsday both had these issues on my BD55. I've not had a single issue with any discs that I own, be it BD, CD, or DVD. Has anyone else had tiling issues with rented titles? Any feedback would be appreciated as I'm trying to narrow down if this is a disc issue or if my player has a weak laser or something.

I've never had a BD with scratches but I had one once that had a sharp impact. The player froze but I was able to restart and skip to next chapter and it played fine.
post #475 of 4014 Old 12-02-2008, 05:50 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

I can't complain about BB right now. I had 3 new releases ship yesterday - Wanted, Prince Caspian, and Step Bros. If they show up in the mail today I'll have to pick up some lottery tickets.
post #476 of 4014 Old 12-02-2008, 07:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Kenobi View Post

I have had a few disks with scratches which I rented from the store in the free exchange process. I remember we could not finish "Transporter 2" (BR) and I needed to reacquire it. Another movie, "Superbad" (BR) skipped and hung all over the place. That was also from the store. I can't remember many BB Online shipped movies which showed those symptoms. We were disappointed that, in the store they seemed unsympathetic and their response was to "rent it again". We felt that our experience was over with those disks and we wanted the opportunity to rent ANOTHER as compensation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chix View Post

I used to be able to drop a movie off or exchange it on a Monday at a store and a new movie ships that same day. Now I am lucky if I get a new movie or two shipped by Wednesday or Thursday.

We should all let BB know how we feel about their techniques.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoolyard View Post

I have also noticed that it is taking an extra couple days for them to ship.

XBL: mmjp08 PSN: mikeny1
post #477 of 4014 Old 12-02-2008, 08:46 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

post #478 of 4014 Old 12-02-2008, 12:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Anyone get Step Brothers in Blu-ray? I work at BB and last night we never even got our standard DVD copies in on time which is a first.
post #479 of 4014 Old 12-02-2008, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Matt View Post

Anyone get Step Brothers in Blu-ray? I work at BB and last night we never even got our standard DVD copies in on time which is a first.

I did. Traded three in-store Sunday, Step Brothers sent Monday, arrived today. ("Wanted," too.) Hellboy II sent today. All blu on the ray.
post #480 of 4014 Old 12-02-2008, 02:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sellis16 View Post

I did. Traded three in-store Sunday, Step Brothers sent Monday, arrived today. ("Wanted," too.) Hellboy II sent today. All blu on the ray.

Cool. Only online must of had them in then because all the stores in my area never received the copies by last night and the movie was released today so a definite bummer for people who do not have the online plan I guess (unless BB got the copies in today at some point).
Reply Blu-ray Software

Tags
Blu Ray Movies

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page