Forum Jump: 

post #571 of 4014 Old 01-21-2009, 08:31 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by klac View Post

Your issue may be because of the # of titles in your queue. You might want to press the issue and let them know that that might be the cause. It'd be nice if they'd resolve it for everyone.

I mentioned in my email to Blockbuster that I had heard (from this forum I think) that the high (?) number of titles in my queue might be the reason why I can't access it. I told them that they had my permission to delete all DVDs from my queue (leaving only blu-ray titles) to get my queue number down. Here's the original email to them:

"Hi:

When I try to access my queue, I get the following error. I think I heard that this might be caused when someone has too many titles in their queue? If so, you have my permission to delete as many standard, non blu-ray titles as you need to in order to make the queue accessible again.

Error 500--Internal Server Error
From RFC 2068 Hypertext Transfer Protocol -- HTTP/1.1:
10.5.1 500 Internal Server Error
The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.

Thanks,"

In their response to me, they didn't address my suggestion. I believe that I'd be wasting my time if I kept emailing them. It's kinda sad since this will cause them to lose more customers. Even though they have probably had dozens of online customers complain about not being able to access their queue, Blockbuster still isn't aware (or chooses to ignore) this problem.

I guess I could try once more and also mention the Facebook quick fix. But could you see a Blockbuster help person actually telling a customer to go sign up for Facebook to fix this problem?

mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #572 of 4014 Old 01-22-2009, 03:44 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

They've updated the titles for the Bourne trilogy to specify BD so I've added them. Links to individual disks are in the second post.

New To Blockbuster.com:
The Bourne Collection
Zodiac: Director's Cut

New to Blu-ray.com:
3 Mo' Divas
A Promise (Wu ji)
Another Day in Paradise
Bolt (3-Disc with Digital File and DVD)
Butterfly Lovers (Mo hup leung juk)
Connected (Bo chi tung wah)
Deep Sea/Into the Deep
Downfall (Der Untergang)
Fractals: Hunting the Hidden Dimension
Ghosts of Mars
Goldfinger
Gomorrah
HD Moods Fire
La Lingerie (Noi yee sil nui)
Never Say Never Again
Punisher: War Zone
Resurrection - World Tour/Live at Rock in Rio III
Ruslan
The One
Twilight
post #573 of 4014 Old 01-23-2009, 08:04 AM

I have a question about the function of my queue. If I add movies to the top that are not yet available (Being released the next two Tuesdays), will it automatically ship the first available one listed? Or do I need to put something available on top?
post #574 of 4014 Old 01-23-2009, 08:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 17
the former.
post #575 of 4014 Old 01-23-2009, 08:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I mentioned in my email to Blockbuster

Try calling the 800 number

My mom works for Sony, and she brought home a copy of "Starhawk BETA"
I quickly slipped it into my trusty PS3, and started playing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #576 of 4014 Old 01-23-2009, 08:42 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbeck77 View Post

I have a question about the function of my queue. If I add movies to the top that are not yet available (Being released the next two Tuesdays), will it automatically ship the first available one listed? Or do I need to put something available on top?

What has worked for me, is that I re number the "available" items in my Que, as a result, I no longer have to toggle my "available" items to show them on top. Re numbering them, they will always stay at the top.
post #577 of 4014 Old 01-23-2009, 03:49 PM

Does anyone know what the blockbuster policy is for movies that are already out on DVD, but are going to be released on blu-ray shortly?

For example, I have "In Bruges" in my queue now. It is being released on blu-ray on 1/27, but blockbuster only lists the DVD version. Does the fact that you can't select the blu-ray version mean they aren't getting it? Or will I be able to select the blu-ray version on Tuesday?
post #578 of 4014 Old 01-23-2009, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbeck77 View Post

Does anyone know what the blockbuster policy is for movies that are already out on DVD, but are going to be released on blu-ray shortly?

For example, I have "In Bruges" in my queue now. It is being released on blu-ray on 1/27, but blockbuster only lists the DVD version. Does the fact that you can't select the blu-ray version mean they aren't getting it? Or will I be able to select the blu-ray version on Tuesday?

When I have had SD DVD in my queue and then a Blu-Ray version becomes available it automatically changed to Blu-Ray for me. I think you just have to make sure that is your preferred format.
post #579 of 4014 Old 01-27-2009, 03:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
I wonder where Frozen River and Blindness are. I believe they are both coming out on Blu-ray, but nothing yet on the Blockbuster site.
post #580 of 4014 Old 01-27-2009, 03:48 PM

It looks like blockbuster didn't get In Bruges on blu-ray, as it's not on the site yet.
post #582 of 4014 Old 01-28-2009, 09:43 AM

Is anyone else getting HTTP 500 errors when trying to report DVD issues? I can't seem to do it and their customer service phone number is down right now.
post #583 of 4014 Old 01-28-2009, 11:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
i get a Web bridge Logic Apache....something. every other time i get on there

"How long were you in Mexico?"
" uh...a week, no, no, a day..."
"Well, which is it a week or a day?
"uh...a weekday?"
post #584 of 4014 Old 01-28-2009, 02:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 17
i used to get that a lot. i think their servers suck.
post #585 of 4014 Old 01-28-2009, 09:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 42
OT - oldie but goodie

Eve: I thought I was through getting involved with men who were trouble. Falling in love on a look. I can't look at you.

Mickey: You have perfection about you. Your eyes have music. Your heart's the best part of your body. And when you move, every man, woman and child is forced to watch.
post #586 of 4014 Old 01-30-2009, 11:11 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

post #587 of 4014 Old 02-02-2009, 04:38 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

post #588 of 4014 Old 02-02-2009, 04:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 341
I'm having some brutal lag lately with in-store exchanges. bb-online is taking 2-3 days to process and ship after a movie was received in store. Anyone esle having this problem?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kenobi's 31 Days of Horror:

post #589 of 4014 Old 02-02-2009, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Kenobi View Post

I'm having some brutal lag lately with in-store exchanges. bb-online is taking 2-3 days to process and ship after a movie was received in store. Anyone esle having this problem?

when you swap out at a store, go check the bb online site when you get home and see if it says *received at store. My discs usually ship out within 24 hours of the *received at store showing up on my bb online site.

- jrod
/"don't mess with a man with a way-back machine, Dave."
post #590 of 4014 Old 02-02-2009, 04:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Its definitely not the stores fault. Whenever you exchange a mailer for an in store movie it means that the mailer was checked in. When they check in the mailers they then connect online and thats how it notifies Blockbuster Online that the disc was checked in. You have a few movies at least in your queue that say 'Available' right?
post #591 of 4014 Old 02-02-2009, 04:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:

Start emailing them complaints. Yes, they will blow you off with canned responses at first, but if you send specific comments (be civil) regularly enough they will start kicking butt. You could even score some coupons...

post #592 of 4014 Old 02-02-2009, 05:00 PM
AVS Special Member

I emailed them to ask what the deal was earlier today, I'll see what they say and respond accordingly. My in-store exchanges show as *Received at store right away so I know it's not the store it's all bb online. It almost seems like they are waiting until they receive it from the store to process the next title in my queue.

I do have some titles at the top of the queue with waits but several below that are available.

post #593 of 4014 Old 02-02-2009, 08:20 PM

Quote:

I emailed them to ask what the deal was earlier today, I'll see what they say and respond accordingly. My in-store exchanges show as *Received at store right away so I know it's not the store it's all bb online. It almost seems like they are waiting until they receive it from the store to process the next title in my queue.

I do have some titles at the top of the queue with waits but several below that are available.

I think your problem is the waits. If there is a wait at the top of the list they don't send things as quick as if there is an available title.
post #594 of 4014 Old 02-03-2009, 04:39 AM

They must of had a glitch last week. They sent me 6 movies in the mail, I subscribe to just 3. While that was a nice glitch at first, I returned the movies last Tuesday 1/29/09 and have yet to get another movie in the mail. Of course in the e-mail response they make it my fault that the movies in the top of my queue are not available. I have over 50 available movies in the queue, it should not matter what order they are in. The customer service e-mail actually said it takes a few days more if the computer has to go down the list. This is not the '70's there's no way their program can take that long to search a few MB' s further to find the next available movie.
post #595 of 4014 Old 02-03-2009, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitdog View Post

They must of had a glitch last week. They sent me 6 movies in the mail, I subscribe to just 3. While that was a nice glitch at first, I returned the movies last Tuesday 1/29/09 and have yet to get another movie in the mail. Of course in the e-mail response they make it my fault that the movies in the top of my queue are not available. I have over 50 available movies in the queue, it should not matter what order they are in. The customer service e-mail actually said it takes a few days more if the computer has to go down the list. This is not the '70's there's no way their program can take that long to search a few MB' s further to find the next available movie.

Actually that makes perfect sense. If I have a movie at the top of the queue that requires a short wait, their algorithm should wait a certain amount of time to see if it comes in. By putting movies at the top that require a wait, you are telling them to not send the next available title ASAP; but instead wait to see if it comes in before moving down. Possibly they could improve their wait time, but if they just instantly skipped it; you'd be unlikely to ever receive anything that had a short or long wait.
post #596 of 4014 Old 02-03-2009, 10:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Well I think that's prett lame but I'll adjust my queue and see what happens. At least I finally have Appalossa and RocknRolla processing.

post #597 of 4014 Old 02-03-2009, 10:33 AM
AVS Special Member

This was one of my biggest beefs with Blockbuster - they would [seemingly] randomly skip my highest available. And, this was during my 30-day free trial. I finally removed everything from my queue and only kept the one movie they kept skipping. After a day's worth of no movement, they finally shipped it.

Needless to say, I did not go beyond the 30 days.

You see me reaching for my f****** wallet?!?
post #598 of 4014 Old 02-03-2009, 11:15 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

post #599 of 4014 Old 02-03-2009, 08:30 PM

Why isn't Blockbuster sending me any movies?

I decided to trial Blockbuster Total Access after being a long time Netflix customer. I started the trial on Friday and now have 14 movies in my queue. Most of them are new releases and show a wait. Anything recent shows a wait. However I do have 3 movies in the queue that show "available" (I'm in the 3 out a time plan).

As of Tuesday night I still have not been sent a single movie. I've sent a couple of email messages to Blockbuster but no reply. How does Blockbuster Total Access work, wouldn't they at least send me a movie or two that is available rather than not sending me anything? Not sure why nothing is being sent. My account shows "active".

I thought the Blockbuster advantage of instore exchages sounded good so I was going to switch from Netflix but now I'm not so sure it was a good decision.
post #600 of 4014 Old 02-03-2009, 09:49 PM

Long time blockbuster customer then moved to netflix to try their online viewing option, which sucked. So I restarted my blockbuster. Needless to say, my old 3 at a time, unlimited mailing + unlimited in store xchange + free game/movie coupon was gone. I signed up for the 3 at a time, 5 instore exchange for 19.99 + tax. My plan started Jan 15th, and so far they have shipped me 6 movies,3 of which were exchanged in store. Earlier if I returned a movie instore, m queue would clear up next day and they would send me a new movie same day. Now it takes 2 days to clear and more if it was returned on weekends, which is usually when I go to the store. I took a snapshot of my queue right now. There are at least 6 disks in available status but only one has been shipped. I returned the last disks on friday.
LL
Reply Blu-ray Software

Tags
Blu Ray Movies

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page