Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 4014 Old 02-12-2009, 12:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 341
Ok, I'm just about fed up. I went to exchange a title in-store today and was told I have 0 remaining. Went back to work and checked my account, same thing, 0 remaining. Last week I had 4 remaining and I have not exchanged any in-store since!

I just sent them an email but between this and increasingly long wait times on BD titles I may cancel if things don't get better soon. I'd rather ditch the titles in my queue that I don't really care if I see and rent the ones I do from Hollywood or something.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kenobi's 31 Days of Horror:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #633 of 4014 Old 02-12-2009, 06:11 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Matt View Post

Frozen River is showing up as Unavailable in the queue. Hopefully they have this. I think it was shot with HD cameras as well so its probably a good release on Blu-ray.

I got this from Netflix, and thought the picture quality was average. The acting was great, but the story is a downer.

My Netflix Profile:

My Project (newly updated):
post #634 of 4014 Old 02-14-2009, 04:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Kenobi View Post

Ok, I'm just about fed up. I went to exchange a title in-store today and was told I have 0 remaining. Went back to work and checked my account, same thing, 0 remaining. Last week I had 4 remaining and I have not exchanged any in-store since!

I just sent them an email but between this and increasingly long wait times on BD titles I may cancel if things don't get better soon. I'd rather ditch the titles in my queue that I don't really care if I see and rent the ones I do from Hollywood or something.

Your exchanges go by anniversary date month by month. It used to go from the 1st of the month to the end of the month, but now your in-store exchanges are based upon your anniversary date on when you are charged each month for Total Access. You probably already know this though. I thought I would mention it just in case you did not know though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dneily View Post

I got this from Netflix, and thought the picture quality was average. The acting was great, but the story is a downer.

Thats a bummer. The preview looked really good. I still want to see it. I would guess the picture quality is average because of so many bleek winter scenes. The movie was shot with HD cameras I believe, but how far can you go with so many bleek wintry and dark scenes.
post #635 of 4014 Old 02-14-2009, 09:25 PM
AVS Club Gold

If you want great picture quality from use of HD cameras, check out the new release Chocolate.

I just saw it and was very impressed.

My Netflix Profile:

post #636 of 4014 Old 02-15-2009, 04:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Yeah, I saw that at Blockbuster, but I never heard of it so I didn't rent it. Maybe I will check it out though.
post #637 of 4014 Old 02-16-2009, 11:29 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

New to Blockbuster.com:

Australia (Mar 3, 2009)
Pride and Prejudice (Mar 31, 2009)
Rockers (Jun 16, 2009)
Seven Pounds (Mar 31, 2009)
The Story of India (Mar 10, 2009)
post #638 of 4014 Old 02-16-2009, 03:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Still no How to Lose Friends and Alienate People blu-ray option and the store isn't getting any copies of it either.
post #639 of 4014 Old 02-16-2009, 07:23 PM
Advanced Member

Apparently it wasn't actually released, even though the release date is still listed as February 17th…
post #640 of 4014 Old 02-17-2009, 01:45 PM
AVS Special Member

I guess the Blu-ray version for How to Lose Friends & Alienate People got postponed.
post #641 of 4014 Old 02-17-2009, 03:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Maybe I am not really getting it....

Everyone keeps saying "return to store" then waiting for another to be mailed out...

Can't you return it to a store and get another one at that same time in the store?
post #642 of 4014 Old 02-17-2009, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goonstopher View Post

Maybe I am not really getting it....

Everyone keeps saying "return to store" then waiting for another to be mailed out...

Can't you return it to a store and get another one at that same time in the store?

Yes, you can take a movie back to the store, pick up one there, and they will also mail out the next one in your queue.
post #643 of 4014 Old 02-17-2009, 04:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Sweet so I have 4 locations with Blu Ray within 20 minutes one me (some closers) so I should have plenty of choices.
post #644 of 4014 Old 02-18-2009, 12:11 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

post #645 of 4014 Old 02-19-2009, 04:55 PM
AVS Club Gold

klac,

Thanks for adding the release dates.

BTW, both Blockbuster and Netflix say that the release date for Heroes of World Class Wrestling is now May 5, 2009 rather than March 10 as previously reported on releaselists.com.

My Netflix Profile:

post #646 of 4014 Old 02-19-2009, 10:14 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

post #647 of 4014 Old 02-19-2009, 10:15 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dneily View Post

BTW, both Blockbuster and Netflix say that the release date for Heroes of World Class Wrestling is now May 5, 2009 rather than March 10 as previously reported on releaselists.com.

Thanks
post #648 of 4014 Old 02-20-2009, 01:11 PM
AVS Special Member

So i went to sign up for the free trial armed with a coupon code and go through the steps when i get to the last page to confirm I realize i was never offered a chance to enter the code and they plan on billing me on the spot. I stopped and exited the page without confirming but this didn't stop them! I was signed up already, no trial nothing and I didn't even press confirm!

Now I set up my que and hear of people getting things in a day or two and figured since I am near nyc I will have it fast... the site says expect it on monday which is not bad at all but in my current mood with them its frustrating to not have anything for the weekend at all.
post #649 of 4014 Old 02-22-2009, 09:37 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

New to Blockbuster.com:

Twilight (May 5, 2009)
post #650 of 4014 Old 02-22-2009, 09:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 17
almost everything on my list is now on long wait or very long wait. what gives? I have 180 movies in my queue. Anyone else notice this on theirs?
post #651 of 4014 Old 02-23-2009, 02:23 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

I haven't had any problems getting new releases. That's about all I get through the mail.
post #652 of 4014 Old 02-23-2009, 02:31 PM
AVS Special Member

my first 25 discs in queue:

Code:
The Third Man [WS] [Blu-ray] (1949)
Blu-ray
Available

Millennium [WS] (1989)
PG13
DVD
Very Long Wait

Still Waiting... (2008)
NR
DVD
Short Wait

Bottle Shock (2008)
PG13
DVD
Available

Watership Down (1978)
PG
DVD
Long Wait

Religulous (2008)
R
DVD
Short Wait

What Black Men Think (2007)
NR
DVD
Long Wait

Chapter 27 (2006)
R
DVD
Available

Game Box 1.0 (2004)
PG13
DVD
Available

The Murder of JFK: A Revisionist History (1999)
DVD
Very Long Wait

In Bruges (2008)
R
DVD
Long Wait

The Wild Bunch [Blu-Ray] (1969)
R
Blu-ray
Available

Full Metal Jacket [Blu-Ray] (1987)
R
Blu-ray
Very Long Wait

Strictly Ballroom (1992)
PG
DVD
Available

American Movie (1999)
R
DVD
Short Wait

Charlie Bartlett (2007)
R
DVD
Available

Things to Do in Denver When You're Dead (1995)
R
DVD
Very Long Wait

The Three Musketeers (1993)
PG
DVD
Available

Tuck Everlasting (2002)
PG
DVD
Long Wait

The Manchurian Candidate [Special Edition] (1962)
PG13
DVD
Available

Vertigo (1958)
PG
DVD
Available

Rebel Without a Cause [Special Edition] (1955)
PG13
DVD
Available

M*A*S*H (1970)
R
DVD
Very Long Wait

From Here to Eternity (1953)
NR
DVD
Long Wait

The Philadelphia Story [Special Edition] (1940)
NR
DVD
Available
15 of those include the word "Wait." 15 of 25. That ratio continues throughout. All except for most TV shows which are either all available or all discs are "VERY LONG WAIT." I haven't had this problem before, does BB have less discs now?
post #653 of 4014 Old 02-23-2009, 03:43 PM

Has there been a recent change in policy?

I'm fairly new customer to Blockbuster Total Access. I just noticed while checking my queue this morning that Blockbuster is promoting that free in-store exchanges will no longer have due dates. However they are also stating that in all cases, any free in-store movie exchanges will count towards how many online rentals you may have out under your plan. Your next online movie will ship after the in-store movie exchange has been returned to the store you rented it from.

It used to be that they would ship a movie after you did an in-store movie exchange. So you would be able to have at home the in-store movie as well as be scheduled to receive a movie in the mail. That doesn't seem to be the case any more.

For example, I have the 3 movies plus 5 exchanges. If I walked into Blockbuster with the 3 movies and did an exchange I could take home 3 movies and then they would mail 3 more. Now it appears that they won't mail an additional movie UNTIL you bring an in-store exchange back to the store.

I like being able to do in-store exchanges at a Blockbuster store but overall this makes the plan less valuable than before. I wish they hadn't changed the policy.

--------------------------------

If you are a BLOCKBUSTER Total Access subscriber, you can exchange your online rentals for free in-store movie rentals at participating stores. You'll receive one free in-store movie rental for each online rental sealed in its return mailer, up to your plan's limits. The maximum number of free in-store movie exchanges is based on the plan to which you subscribe. At participating stores, your free in-store exchanges will not have due dates. You can keep them as long as you want without incurring additional fees, as long as you remain a BLOCKBUSTER Total Access subscriber. However, in all cases, any free in-store movie exchanges will count towards how many online rentals you may have out under your plan. Your next online movie will ship after the in-store movie exchange has been returned to the store you rented it from.

For example, let's say you have a 2 DVDs out at-a-time plan with up to 3 free in-store exchanges per billing month, and you bring your 2 online rentals to the store for a free in-store exchange (provided you have not used all of your free in-store exchanges for that billing month). You may keep your two free in-store exchanges as long as you like - they are not subject to in-store terms and conditions, such as due dates. However, the next online rental from your online queue will not be shipped until you return at least one of the in-store exchanges, since your plan allows you up to 2 rentals out at-a-time and you currently have 2 rentals out through the free in-store exchanges.

If you are a BLOCKBUSTER By Mail subscriber OR a BLOCKBUSTER Total Access subscriber that has reached your free exchange limit, you may return your DVDs by mail, or drop them off at a local BLOCKBUSTER store for faster check-in. You may also exchange the DVD mailer for a discounted movie rental $1.99 before tax at participating stores. However, unlike free in-store movie exchanges, discounted in-store movie exchanges: (1) do not count towards how many DVDs you are allowed out under your plan; and (2) may not be kept as long as you like - discounted in-store movie exchanges are subject to the store's rental terms and conditions, including due dates and any applicable fees.

----------------------------------------------
post #654 of 4014 Old 02-23-2009, 07:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Yeah I just got that too. My favorite thing is their policy changes that they try to make sound wonderful, when really they're taking something away. There already aren't really due dates since you can always get money back if you return late. Now I can't have 6 movies at a time, I can have 3 tops. And my next doesn't even SEND until they scan my rental back in. Sometimes I'll rent a movie and not have a change to watch for a couple days, but I'll rest easy knowing the next is in the mail and I have a choice. Not anymore, it seems. Screw in-store exchange "exchange one and your next one is sent out!" - apparently that's out the window.

it's like they're TRYING to lose to Netflix.
post #655 of 4014 Old 02-23-2009, 07:28 PM

This new policy basically now charges you $19.99 for 3 DVD's at a time while Netflix is $16.99. I've already wrote Blockbuster to tell them they've lost a customer.

BTW, I wonder if once you get through your 5 free exchanges and you then have to pay $1.99 to exchange in the store if those will also be counted towards your queue. I wouldn't think so but who knows?
post #656 of 4014 Old 02-23-2009, 07:39 PM
AVS Special Member

I am VERY upset with them for billing me for my first month which was very deceptive BUT so far I only have a few titles with short wait. Even if that changes there are so many locations near me with the new releases that it is worth paying more than netflix.

I think how good your local stores are determine if its worth it.
post #657 of 4014 Old 02-23-2009, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_scott View Post

Yeah I just got that too. My favorite thing is their policy changes that they try to make sound wonderful, when really they're taking something away. There already aren't really due dates since you can always get money back if you return late. Now I can't have 6 movies at a time, I can have 3 tops. And my next doesn't even SEND until they scan my rental back in. Sometimes I'll rent a movie and not have a change to watch for a couple days, but I'll rest easy knowing the next is in the mail and I have a choice. Not anymore, it seems. Screw in-store exchange "exchange one and your next one is sent out!" - apparently that's out the window.

Yep. They are trying to hide what they are taking away by promoting something we actually already kind of had. Just a real bad attempt at spin and hoping their customers are too dumb to noticed what is going on. I find that pretty insulting. Too bad. I was really liking Blockbuster over Netflix based on how they were handling in-store exchanges. Now I don't see any advantage. They are more expensive than Netflix.
post #658 of 4014 Old 02-23-2009, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharktooth101 View Post

This new policy basically now charges you $19.99 for 3 DVD's at a time while Netflix is $16.99. I've already wrote Blockbuster to tell them they've lost a customer.

BTW, I wonder if once you get through your 5 free exchanges and you then have to pay $1.99 to exchange in the store if those will also be counted towards your queue. I wouldn't think so but who knows?

Good point. Both are now 3 out at a time programs and Blockbuster's is $3 more expensive. I'll probably go back to Netflix now too.
post #659 of 4014 Old 02-23-2009, 07:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_scott View Post

My favorite thing is their policy changes that they try to make sound wonderful, when really they're taking something away.

That is the reason I left after a couple of years and headed over to NF...

Quote:

Indeed...
post #660 of 4014 Old 02-23-2009, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anleva View Post

Yep. They are trying to hide what they are taking away by promoting something we actually already kind of had. Just a real bad attempt at spin and hoping their customers are too dumb to noticed what is going on. I find that pretty insulting. Too bad. I was really liking Blockbuster over Netflix based on how they were handling in-store exchanges. Now I don't see any advantage. They are more expensive than Netflix.

That is exactly what I wrote to them The policy change was bad enough but to try and hide it with that positive spin was just to much.
Reply Blu-ray Software

Tags
Blu Ray Movies

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page