**Official Region Free firmware support thread for all models of HD DVD players** - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 195 Old 03-24-2008, 12:10 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by evdberg View Post

There is no such thing as a 'hacked' firmware, although some people will suggest this. It is just the official Australian firmware, since DVD players must be region free by law in this country.

what would you know silly , you dont know why it is on the site at all it doesnt say region free , although it is my firmware.. toshiba didnt do the firmware... and they dont own the firmware...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 195 Old 03-24-2008, 03:00 AM

@hdxa1user,
All I have seen from you are post like the one above, but you have not shared anything useful with the community.
post #93 of 195 Old 03-24-2008, 05:49 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 564 Post(s)
Liked: 1276
Quote:

@hdxa1user,
All I have seen from you are post like the one above, but you have not shared anything useful with the community.

Exactly. Personally, I think he's just trolling along here. He ain't modified jack sh*t. Like Toshiba would be using *his* FW - like they can't do their own!

K
post #94 of 195 Old 03-24-2008, 06:29 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

@hdxa1user,

Well, to be quite honest.... his posts do reveal:

1. He is not a native Aussie or at least his language is somewhat questionable.

2. His so called "region-hacked" firmware is the official release by Toshiba AU.

3. He most likely acquired the Aussie Firmware a few weeks before it's official release to the general public and then branded it as his own.

4. The "Region Hack" for the A3X series players is probably derived from an official Toshiba firmware that is not yet released or has limited availabilty to the general public (could be Swiss or Aussie).

360/ PS3 GamerTag : DVDVampire

HD-DVD: 181
Blu-Ray: 70
post #95 of 195 Old 03-24-2008, 08:32 AM - Thread Starter

Switzerland must have consumer friendly laws like Australia does when it comes to region restrictions. Doing a google search for "Codefreier HD-DVD Player" will result in more .ch websites selling 2nd generation region free HD DVD players than you can shake a stick at. I can find at least 3 websites selling the 3rd generation players. I bet there are more than 3 but I just didn't feel like reading through the bad translations that google did.

Also you can't find the firmware to download in the toshiba.ch website but the toshiba.au website has firmware to download. What are the odds that the Swiss firmware is region free just like the Aussie firmware but just only allows the Swiss who provide them a serial # access to it?
post #96 of 195 Old 03-24-2008, 08:40 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by N8YWF View Post

Also you can't find the firmware to download in the toshiba.ch website but the toshiba.au website has firmware to download. What are the odds that the Swiss firmware is region free just like the Aussie firmware but just only allows the Swiss who provide them a serial # access to it?

That's why I wish we could get our hands on the disc.

post #97 of 195 Old 03-24-2008, 09:42 AM

Liked: 14
So who is going to hack the A20 to output bitstream audio like the XA2
post #98 of 195 Old 03-25-2008, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyrocket786 View Post

2. His so called "region-hacked" firmware is the official release by Toshiba AU.

3. He most likely acquired the Aussie Firmware a few weeks before it's official release to the general public and then branded it as his own.

4. The "Region Hack" for the A3X series players is probably derived from an official Toshiba firmware that is not yet released or has limited availabilty to the general public (could be Swiss or Aussie).

wow , you have no idea what i do or anything ... i dont have to prove to you anything about anything in what i do .... i guess since im a fake and have no idea in what im doing... maybe you would like the 2.9 firmware for australia only as well to fix issues with a lcd problem only for australia.... anyway i guess the key is where do i get the firmware from , or how is it done... am i not telling the truth or am i ... i dont really care what you all think or say about me , ive helped alot of people worldwide make players region free , you want to say im not a aussie and fake , good luck .. get a life... the only reason why the firmware on the site people are aware of it being region free is because i told the dtvforum it was there and i wanted pm to stop .. as i get alot every day.. but i guess they say in australia im the biggest liar on the forum and anly make things up .... good luck with your wishful thoughts
post #99 of 195 Old 03-25-2008, 01:22 AM

Quote:

zero for four. I hope your not a betting man.
post #100 of 195 Old 03-25-2008, 01:34 AM

Quote:

There is no such thing as a 'hacked' firmware, although some people will suggest this. It is just the official Australian firmware, since DVD players must be region free by law in this country.

Unfortunately this is not the case It is not illegal to sell region locked machines in Australia. While it was ruled that circumventing region coding (in games consoles) was permissible, no law was brought into existence by act of Government or the Courts compelling manufacturers to "unlock" or proved region free players. It pains me to say, the Australian Region Free Law is but a myth.
post #101 of 195 Old 03-25-2008, 01:46 AM

Quote:

I am proud to say he is Australian, you guys have no idea who he is and what he has done and how much he has helped us not just here but all over the world. Our players are region free, thanks to him.

There is no such laws mandating players are region free, it is just there is no law against removing regoin coding.

Rgds

Jim
post #102 of 195 Old 03-25-2008, 02:12 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 184
Quote:

Are you for real??

Frank

post #103 of 195 Old 03-25-2008, 02:16 AM

Quote:

Mmmm...let me see...

1. wrong
2. wrong
3. wrong
4. wrong

...very sad

"who's they?...and what the hell is an aluminium falcon?"
post #104 of 195 Old 03-25-2008, 02:32 AM

Aussie!!! Aussie!!! Aussie!!!!!!
post #105 of 195 Old 03-25-2008, 02:54 AM

Let me remind you that the S in AVS is from science. Just telling us that we have no idea who 'hdxa1user' is, without telling who he is, is not really helpful. Just saying that we are wrong without explaining why, is again not really helpful. And 3 useless posts by 3 new members are again not really helpful.

Fact is that the so-called 'hacked' region free firmware is exactly the same as the one on the Australian Toshiba support site.
post #106 of 195 Old 03-25-2008, 02:59 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:

Boy you really have no idea do you?

You are wrong on all four counts, you should probably check your information before you post such utter nonsense.
post #107 of 195 Old 03-25-2008, 03:07 AM

Quote:

Let me remind you that the S in AVS is from science. Just telling us that we have no idea who 'hdxa1user' is, without telling who he is, is not really helpful. Just saying that we are wrong without explaining why, is again not really helpful. And 3 useless posts by 3 new members are again not really helpful.

Fact is that the so-called 'hacked' region free firmware is exactly the same as the one on the Australian Toshiba support site.

Ok firstly we know hdxa1user quite well in Aus and some of us actually have a physical address for him and have had contact with im other than on the forum so rest assured he is an Aussie, I don't feel that any other information needs to be posted here as to his identity.

Secondly the region free firmware has only recently become available on the Toshiba Aus website and was originally only available from hdxa1user.

I hope this helps to answer your questions a bit more fully.

Cheers,

Karen.
post #108 of 195 Old 03-25-2008, 03:22 AM

Quote:

Mate what more do you need to know? The OP made assumptions without any "science" FYI

1. He is not a native Aussie or at least his language is somewhat questionable. I have met him in Sydney, did i see his birth certificate no but i have no reason to think he flys in to Australia every few days, cant see how someone on a forum can make assumptions regarding his language

2. His so called "region-hacked" firmware is the official release by Toshiba AU. Once again if you need further explanation his was out 1st!

no unless you think toshiba just let anybody have access to there F/W weeks before release.

I dont know why you need any further explanation, just continue to enjoy your region locked HD DVD players, I am off to play an R1 disc folloewd by an R2......................

Rgds

Jim
post #109 of 195 Old 03-25-2008, 03:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
1. Since when does facility with a language (or a keyboard) define where one is from? Look at the many obtuse posts here. Australia welcomes clever people from around the globe. Much like the US.

2. Some of us received said firmware several months before it became the official Toshiba firmware.

3. See above.

4. I'm sure all hacks are derived from official firmware.

All I can say is I'm very grateful that in my little corner of the globe I can have a region-free HD-DVD player no matter where I bought it.

It sucks that you guys are stuck with crippled players, when region-free is obviously inherent in the machines.

If only there was a hack for the PS3 too.
post #110 of 195 Old 03-25-2008, 03:40 AM
AVS Special Member

LOL, I am so glad not all Americans are as clueless as this post has proven you to be.

You just dont know sh!t about who you are talking about. LMAO

I would have thought the clue about the hacked firmware being the same as the offical released firmware would have indicated something to you ?????????????

Quote:

Graham
post #111 of 195 Old 03-25-2008, 03:43 AM

Quote:

His firmware isn't hacked. It is available officially from toshiba now, months after it was completed. Do I need to draw you a picture or is the truth becoming clear? Not everything can be said in black and white terms but one can logically put the pieces together and deduce what the reality is.
post #112 of 195 Old 03-25-2008, 03:45 AM

Another happy user of hdxa1user's firmware again a couple of months before it became the defacto official firmware.

Sounds like a bit of sour grapes that us Aussies are lucky enough to benefit from his generosity, whilst some on here haven't.
post #113 of 195 Old 03-25-2008, 04:16 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 564 Post(s)
Liked: 1276
Quote:
Originally Posted by achjimmy View Post

I am proud to say he is Australian, you guys have no idea who he is and what he has done and how much he has helped us not just here but all over the world. Our players are region free, thanks to him.

There is no such laws mandating players are region free, it is just there is no law against removing regoin coding.

Fair play mate. But why is he then refusing to release the FW hack that makes A35's region-free? I realise of course that he can do what he likes with it - but what purpose is served by coming onto the forums here and telling everyone how he has this great region-free hack but he's not going to release it to anyone?
post #114 of 195 Old 03-25-2008, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbarnes701 View Post

Fair play mate. But why is he then refusing to release the FW hack that makes A35's region-free? I realise of course that he can do what he likes with it - but what purpose is served by coming onto the forums here and telling everyone how he has this great region-free hack but he's not going to release it to anyone?

i dunno ask him.

Rgds

Jim
post #115 of 195 Old 03-25-2008, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbarnes701 View Post

The way I understand it...

y'all refuse to believe it even exists

"who's they?...and what the hell is an aluminium falcon?"
post #116 of 195 Old 03-25-2008, 05:25 AM
Advanced Member

I saw the post that was deleted by the mod, there was someone asking for money to release the firmware.

"I believe that only scientists can understand the universe. It is not so much that I have confidence in scientists being right, but that I have so much in nonscientists being wrong." - Isaac Asimov
post #117 of 195 Old 03-25-2008, 06:04 AM

Hi there all

First off id like to thank HDAX1user for 'his' firmware i am using on my XE1 for multiregion playback, many thanks mate its greatly appreciated.

Judging by the amount of posts (1000+) he has on dtvforum in austrailia hes definately a real person and is very well respected in the comunity.

i believe, (I could be wrong and apologies if am) he doesn't or didnt want to release the updated firmware for the 3rd generation models after an incident in the UK (AVForums) when he realeased the 2nd generation firmware and specifically asked for it not to be leaked onto the internet and passed around by private message only, unfortunately someone stuck a direct link up on the internet to the firmware including the RCE get around, going against his wishes and maybe getting hdax1user into trouble (im guessing)!!.

As mentioned above by Graham Johnson and mowaw, if forum members havn't figured out who hdax1user is by now, they probably never will.......who knows.

Best regards

James
post #118 of 195 Old 03-25-2008, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoDogBeast View Post

Hi there all

First off id like to thank HDAX1user for 'his' firmware i am using on my XE1 for multiregion playback, many thanks mate its greatly appreciated.

Judging by the amount of posts (1000+) he has on dtvforum in austrailia hes definately a real person and is very well respected in the comunity.

i believe, (I could be wrong and apologies if am) he doesn't or didnt want to release the updated firmware for the 3rd generation models after an incident in the UK (AVForums) when he realeased the 2nd generation firmware and specifically asked for it not to be leaked onto the internet and passed around by private message only, unfortunately someone stuck a direct link up on the internet to the firmware including the RCE get around, going against his wishes and maybe getting hdax1user into trouble.

As mentioned above by Graham Johnson and mowaw, if forum members havn't figured out who hdax1user is by now, they probably never will.......who knows.

Best regards

James

i think what people dont understand is i was so upset with what did happen yes in the uk i didnt want to release anything else to them , then ive decided to release it for a small sum , but im sure not the people who get it wont be so keen to give it out once they pay for it themselves... they may actually appericate what they have ... there is good and bad in every place of this world, i dont do this for credit or to get a big ego im not like that . there is other reasons why i have done it and why i go onto forums, i guess i have nothing personally against people in usa they have never done anything wrong by me , maybe said a few things about me i didnt like but thats life , ive said alot of things about people as well... but i ownly went on forums to help people with hddvd sole purpose only... anyway have a good day..
post #119 of 195 Old 03-25-2008, 06:13 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz063 View Post

Secondly the region free firmware has only recently become available on the Toshiba Aus website and was originally only available from hdxa1user.

I'm sorry, but this makes absolutely no sense.....unless he actually works for Toshiba or has a direct contact within the company

Regardless, I still stand by my third statement.

So I'm guessing the $40 fee is to make-up for not charging for the "already-free" XA2 hack.

post #120 of 195 Old 03-25-2008, 06:17 AM

Quote:

Surprised to see a group of new members come out to HD's defense.

A couple of us may be considered new members due to our low post count but we have actually been members for over 12 months so maybe not so new.

We are definitely not new members on DTV in Australia and as such will defend HDAX1user from unwarranted attacks.
Reply HD DVD Players

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page