A30 making whirring noises - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 12-02-2008, 03:28 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Guys is kind of loud, if I turn up my receiver to -8 or so , I hear it "sssshhhsss" , I am hinking maybe the HDMI cable, but I don't know. the sound is only with the hddvd, my BRplayer on HDMI 3 no problem. the sound comes from all speakers but more so from the center channel. help pleae. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-04-2008, 06:31 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
anybody!.Please
post #3 of 4 Old 12-04-2008, 07:17 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Did you try swapping the hdmi cable from the PS3 to the A-30? Or you could unplug the ps3 and hook the a-30's current HDMI cable to the other input.

PSN - JRCROW
XBOX - jc23263
post #4 of 4 Old 12-10-2008, 11:52 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
damn ive got this same exact problem...its almost like a "fuzz" noise so to speak right? and its ALOT louder than it should be given the volume of your receiver correct? at least thats how it is for me...i played the matrix with no problems what so ever on the first night i got it...then the night after i watched bourne ultimatum and it started doing this to me about an hour into the movie...the movie would pause for just a split second and then the normal movie soundtrack would be there but it would be much lower in volume than before and the "fuzz" noise would be about 8 db louder than what i had my receiver set to which can, im sure, damage my speakers and subwoofers...ive got an onkyo tx sr 805 receiver and its hooked up through HDMI...i havent tried changing the cable yet as i really dont think thats the problem...ive been using this same HDMI cable for a year or so with no problems...i think its either the player or that one disc...either way i dont even feel safe turning the damn thing on anymore...perhaps ill just have to sell it and re buy everything on BD
Reply HD DVD Players

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page