Can anybody tell me if the Composite, Component or SVideo Video is live on the A20? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 03-01-2009, 07:03 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
? Can anybody tell me if the Composite, Component or SVideo Video is live on this machine (A20) when the HDMI is plugged in ?

My machine is in a cabinet and really don't want to pull it yet..

In short I use to feed my DVD/DirecTV/VCR/TIVO into a whole house system using stereo RF modulator(s).. when I first tried the RF with the A20 HD-DVD player the image flagged so bad it was not watchable.. but now with the move of many stations to DTV UHF I no longer have the bands/channels to use RF and wiring direct video to the out lying rooms and will be running A/V cables.. the main room will use HDMI, the remote rooms will use Composite, Component or SVideo Video.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-01-2009, 07:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidEC View Post

? Can anybody tell me if the Composite, Component or SVideo Video is live on this machine (A20) when the HDMI is plugged in ?

My machine is in a cabinet and really don't want to pull it yet..

In short I use to feed my DVD/DirecTV/VCR/TIVO into a whole house system using stereo RF modulator(s).. when I first tried the RF with the A20 HD-DVD player the image flagged so bad it was not watchable.. but now with the move of many stations to DTV UHF I no longer have the bands/channels to use RF and wiring direct video to the out lying rooms and will be running A/V cables.. the main room will use HDMI, the remote rooms will use Composite, Component or SVideo Video.

I don't know about the A20 but all outputs are simultaneously active on my A2, A3, and A30. But on the SD outputs the video is squeezed on a 4:3 display, not letterboxed as it is on some HD devices.

Wide Awake

on the Edge

of the World

post #3 of 3 Old 03-01-2009, 09:27 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdclark View Post

I don't know about the A20 but all outputs are simultaneously active on my A2, A3, and A30. But on the SD outputs the video is squeezed on a 4:3 display, not letterboxed as it is on some HD devices.

Thanks for the reply..
If they are live on a A2 and a A30 then I am sure they are live on the A20...

It just I had a Maganvox DVD Recorder which had Component out and when any cable was plugged into any of the three jack's it would turn off the SVideo/Composite outs..

If there was a low cost way to split a HDMI out-up to many other sets.. then I would be able to run HDMI cables... But due to digital rights protection the only HDMI splitter that I know of ....is known not to work with a DirecTV HD-DVR...
Reply HD DVD Players

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page