"MSSG" Error Code Fault-Not Dvd Format - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 03-15-2009, 10:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi Everyone,

Went through this thread and didn`t find the answer to my specific problem.
Here goes...
I have a dell Dimension E-521 computer that i have been using to burn standard dvds. Using discs dvd-r burning at 8x. (maxell media)
I also own hd dvd players. (A-2 and D-3) Both hd players have original firmware installed. No problem playing hd dvds and store-bought dvds on both players. I have burned many dvds on my dell computer without any problems. On some but not all dvds i burn on the computer i get and error "MSSG" showing on the hd players and my tv screen shows " this not dvd format" They will not play at all. My question is why some dvds play and why some don`t??? Yet all them have been burned off of the same burner and using the same rightable dvd media. I also have dvd rom drive separate from the burner and they will not play there either. What gives here???
One side note tho... All the dvds showing the fault will play on the burner drive no problem. This is driving me nuts... Some of the burn`t dvds play and some don`t.
I bow down to you experts here... hoping you can help me solve this problem.
I Thank You in advance.
Yours, Sincerely,
Cruzzco

p.s.
sorry about the spelling.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-15-2009, 04:04 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Perhaps it's the type of file you burned, or maybe you should slow down the burn speed, or get better DVD-R's. From what I understand, even the same batch of DVD-R's can have differing issues.

BTW, I have updated all my HD DVD players to firmware 4.0. You may want to consider doing that. It could help your situation.
Reply HD DVD Players

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page