Looking for an HD-DVD Player - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 04-12-2009, 12:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am fairly new to the world of HD-DVD and only started researching the players about 3 weeks ago. I currently have blu-ray players but I have an itch for an HD-DVD player that needs to be scratched...I currently have an Onkyo 706 receiver with the 5.1 Kef kht3005 setup so I know I would like to have the high-def audio codecs available to be bit streamed to the receiver (Also have the 1080p sony 46xbr6 so I would like 1080p as well). As far as I know the 2 players that can do this are the HD-A35 and The Xa2. I am looking at both and the main difference is obviously the HQV reon chip in the xa2 but is that really going to make much of a difference? I also wonder if anyone has experience with one of the LG computer combo drives like ggc-hl20 and if they can show the movies in full 1080p? Any advice as to which player to look into and invest in would be greatly appreciated. And if anyone has experience with two or more and could offer some advice that would also be greatly appreciated.

Now I just have to find a good deal on one of these as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-12-2009, 05:26 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
What is a good deal for a used XA2? I am also thinking of picking one up. Thanks
post #3 of 3 Old 04-12-2009, 08:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 51
If you can get an XA2 for less than 300 or a A35 for less than 200 you would be getting a good deal.

Regards,

RTROSE

My (slower than molasses) HT build here.
Now a Certified Carpet Counselor and Plumbing Counselor (Self given titles - pay no attention).
Enjoying my "almost done" theater.
Closed Thread HD DVD Players

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page