HD-A2 will not load DVE fw4.0 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 01-09-2010, 02:19 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well I sold my XA2 which worked perfectly. This was actually another player I had. I know I have used DVE in it before when it had an earlier fw. I updated to 4.0 a few months back and have not noticed any issues with any other discs.

Now that I NEED this calibration disc, I popped it and and it just flashes LOADING on the front forever and gets stuck there. How can I roll back the fw? I really need to get this disc working.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-09-2010, 03:46 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyV View Post

Well I sold my XA2 which worked perfectly. This was actually another player I had. I know I have used DVE in it before when it had an earlier fw. I updated to 4.0 a few months back and have not noticed any issues with any other discs.

Now that I NEED this calibration disc, I popped it and and it just flashes LOADING on the front forever and gets stuck there. How can I roll back the fw? I really need to get this disc working.

http://cid-6948f2460bdd190c.skydrive...20rollback.iso

It might be that your problems are not firmware related, but drive related. If that is the case, I don't think it will help rolling back to an earlier firmware version. But you can of course try it out.
post #3 of 6 Old 01-09-2010, 07:17 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Great link. I will try that one and see if it works. I doubt it is the drive. I am having zero problems with other HD DVDs.
post #4 of 6 Old 01-09-2010, 08:39 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

You were right. The fw roll back did not work. i think I had like 2.0 or 1.9 when I used this disc. Is anyone else having issues with this disc?
post #5 of 6 Old 01-11-2010, 06:40 AM

I have an HD-D1 and two HD-XA1s with firmware 4.0 and none of the machines have given me any trouble with my copy of DVE. In fact I just used DVE over the weekend on one of 'em. I know these are first-generation players, though, so that might not help you out a whole lot.
post #6 of 6 Old 01-11-2010, 10:21 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Yes but very cool that you are enjoying your players. I am a previous XA1 and XA2 owner myself.

I do not think the drive is gong out in this player at all because it read and loads discs without issue. I have been on a sort or HD DVD Marathon. I watched NIN:BYIT and Children of Men. I am going to start blowing out all my movies. I have tons. Some on eBay and others I am I am just listing on the forums for now like my imports and Adult titles.
Reply HD DVD Players

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page