networking dvrs - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 03-31-2010, 09:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm new to this blogging, posting, threading stuff so forgive me if I ask some rather simplistic or naive questions. I want to know if there is a way to network Tivo and non-tivo service DVR's. I currently have 3 Series 2 DVR's on a wireless network (2 have lifetime service contracts and 1 is still monthly fees). All are hooked to Time Warner cable boxes via the rf cable. I know I am not getting the sharpest picture possible on my Toshiba plasma set. I'm wanting to plus up the tv viewing experience in that room by adding a surround sound audio system and getting HDMI level signal to the tv set. Contacted Tivo to see if I could swap out the old Series 2 with a new HD box with the HDMI port. Was told I would have to buy a new service with the HD box as the service when purchased is tied to the box. This would mean I'd have a Tivo box with lifetime service settinig in a closet collecting dust. (You guessed it - the Series 2 box in that room is a lifetime service box.) So I'm trying to find a work around.
Is my solution to dump it all and get a MOXI 3 room bundle?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-31-2010, 09:51 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
This is the HD DVD forum and not the Hard Disk Drive recorders forum. I believe this is the forum you need http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forumdisplay.php?f=100. Good luck.
Reply HD DVD Players

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page