post #31 of 37 Old 08-07-2011, 06:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by drcos View Post

For what you want to do, you need some free software (like MultiAVCHD or ClownBD) and some non-free software (like AnyDVD or DVDFab).

Actually there is a free decrypter option, called DumpHD. It's a java app and takes a bit of setup to get to run, but it works fine if a little slower than the non-free options.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 37 Old 08-07-2011, 02:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 361 Post(s)
Liked: 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by iontyre View Post

Yes, I got the whole package. Running Windows 7 Professional.

I haven't had any issues under XP Pro (32-bit) or Windows 7 x64 Home Premium. I'd try to running eac3to manually to test the audio handling.

It's pretty simple. Your command line look something like this

eac3to.exe f: 1) 4: d:\\TempBD\ est.thd+ac3

I assume that will fail. So next try

eac3to.exe f: 1) 4: d:\\TempBD\ est.thd

If the 2nd one works eac3to's extraction is fine, but there's a problem with either aften or libav/ffmpeg.
post #33 of 37 Old 08-07-2011, 06:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
I'm all set now, worked out the problem. ClownBD is a great tool!
post #34 of 37 Old 08-07-2011, 07:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 361 Post(s)
Liked: 389
Glad you got it working. It gets more interesting when you start rolling your own discs combining the video from those few HD-DVDs with better video than the Blu-Ray (like Apollo 13 & U-571) with the lossless audio from the Blu-Ray.
post #35 of 37 Old 10-03-2012, 08:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Man I am glad to find this thread. I have almost 400 HD DVDs and after reading about some issues with some Warner pressings, it is nice to have an alternative to jsut backup the files.

Living the HT Dream...now in 4D.
post #36 of 37 Old 10-16-2012, 12:53 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1756 View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by plissken99 View Post

I am interested in transfering many of my HD DVDs to Blu Ray(or having them transferred), the ones without lossless audio, ie the majority. Seems to me it's all media that I purchased, so I should have the right to transfer it to a different disk. I am running Windows 7 64bit, and have a dual core 2.8 processor. I have a Blu Ray burner, I'd just need the 360 HD DVD drive I suppose. My video card and monitor are supposed to be HDMI compatable, but I can't seem to play Blu Ray on the system.

Do I have the capability hardware and OS wise to get the job done? And is there anyone who could help, and or do this for me? Sorry if this post is out of line, but again, I bought the media in the 1st place, as long as I'm not reselling it I can't see a problem.

If you want an honest answer, yes it is illegal to copy DVDs. Read the warning banner on the front of each and every copyrighted movie. It doesn't matter whether you sell it or is only for personal use. It is illegal.

Thanks God I was born and I still live in Europe, where having a copy of your legal owned film, music cd, software cd etc is Legal, and warning banner have nothing to do with this.
post #37 of 37 Old 10-19-2012, 12:46 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1756 View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by plissken99 View Post

If you want an honest answer, yes it is illegal to copy DVDs. Read the warning banner on the front of each and every copyrighted movie. It doesn't matter whether you sell it or is only for personal use. It is illegal.

My $.02 . . . The warning banner is just an annoyance and means little. Any movie studio can plant whatever they want onto a disc for your viewing pleasure.
What is important imho is that every country has their own laws to learn and deal with, if you are so motivated.
The key piece of legislation in the USA is the DMCA - which doesn't really address copying (since we also have fair use laws saying it is ok to copy under proper circumstances) but does say it is unlawful to develop tools to bypass or disable digital copy prevention, or use such tools. How many people who want to rip their personally owned titles for their personal use lose any sleep over that is anyone's guess.

A long-time audio/video addict!
Reply HD DVD Players

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page