Xbox 360 addon, hdmi, and lag - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 03-30-2012, 11:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I recently purchased a Panasonic PT-AE7000U projector. This is the fourth projector I have had in my media room and I have always used an Xbox 360 there. The last projector I used was the Epson 8700UB and I had no issues. So with this new projector I am seeing video lag every couple minutes or so when watching HD-DVD's with my Xbox 360 addon. The framerate drops significantly and then returns to normal. The audio does not appear to go out of sync. I have never had this issue before. My configuration consists of a slim 360 connected to a Yamaha RX-V471 through HDMI which then connects to the projector through HDMI. The cables are Monoprice high-speed 24AWG with net jackets. This is not a long run. The cable between the 360 and the receiver is a couple feet and the cable to the projector is 6 feet. The 360 is set to output at 1080p. I eliminated the possibility that I received a faulty projector by exchanging the unit. It did not make any difference for this issue. Has anyone else had any similar issues? Does anyone have any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-09-2012, 06:10 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Swicth off "Interpolation", or "MotionFlow" or what ever it is called on these models.

Notorious for causing this sort of thing.
post #3 of 3 Old 04-10-2012, 01:54 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Are you talking about CFI (Creative Frame Interpolation)? I never turn it on. I think this issue is with the projector. I was watching Directv HD content the other day and saw the same thing happen. Looks like my 360 HDDVD is still working just fine. Thanks for the response.
Reply HD DVD Players

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page