Still a HDDVD lover - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 06-28-2012, 07:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Don't know why but I still keep collecting these babies...

And I have another 6 full size drives (4 LG and 2 Xbox drives) that can read HDDVD. Plus 3 standalone players which makes it pass a dozen. Also I will buy the same in Blu just to avoid unwrapping my HDDVD. Silly I know. tongue.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-29-2012, 01:21 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Where did you get those slim HD DVD drives? I got one of these but it took me a couple years of having an e-bay alert set.

I also have one of these.

I also have 2 Buffalo externals, an LG external and a 360 drive. Plus I have a bunch of internals. If you ever want to sell any of those drives in the picture let me know. Especially that red one.

I also have 3 XA2s, Onkyo 805, A35, A30 and a BH200.
post #3 of 5 Old 06-29-2012, 10:16 AM - Thread Starter

Good day! Always nice to see someone with similar passion. Those are all DIY with bare HDDVD laptop drives and cases bought seperately from ebay over the years. Then I cut and paste those HDDVD logos I can find from various stickers of HDDVD discs onto the bezels. These colour cases are not that easy to find on ebay now. I once visit Hong Kong and thought I can buy some from their famous computer shopping center. To my surprise I can't even find one, not even the usual black. But they are plenty in taobao China if you can get some middlemen to buy for you. Also they have silver cases with Toshiba logo too.

Does your slim drive works without external power? I found that all TSL802A needs extra power for HDDVD to work but some later drives don't.

Sorry those babies are not for sale especially that magic color Red (my favorite). But I am sure you can get one if you search around. Good luck. smile.gif
post #4 of 5 Old 07-02-2012, 02:11 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
I have some slim drive internals but don't know what kind of cases to put them in.
post #5 of 5 Old 07-02-2012, 09:13 AM - Thread Starter

Search the phrase "USB External dvd Case" on ebay and you should find all you want. Most are from HK/China and you have to make sure your drive is either IDE or SATA and you should be fine. Also pick those with faceplate included if you don't already have one. Don't know about other models but HDDVD drives fit the most common faceplate without problem.
Reply HD DVD Players

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page