HELP! I want to record one channel while watching another! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 06-12-2013, 10:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm not sure where to even start. And I know next to NOTHING about all of the techno parts...so please answer simply! LOL! I want to buy a DVD player/recorder that will allow me to record one channel while watching another. I want to be able to record onto DVD's and give those DVD's to a friend who has no cable. I I have Mediacom cable. I have a Sansui flat screen TV. So when I go to the store...what is it I need to look for? I hope this is enough info to get an answer?

BTW....I also want to get by as inexpensive as possible? All the techno stuff means next to nothing to me.

CAN SOMEONE HELP AND TELL ME WHAT I WANT AT THE STORE?!?! Better yet....can you list some options of units that would work? PLEASE!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-12-2013, 12:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 41
This has nothing to do with the dead format known as HD DVD.

DVD recorders are pretty much a dead product.

post #3 of 3 Old 06-12-2013, 12:54 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherbie58 View Post

I'm not sure where to even start. And I know next to NOTHING about all of the techno parts...so please answer simply! LOL! I want to buy a DVD player/recorder that will allow me to record one channel while watching another. I want to be able to record onto DVD's and give those DVD's to a friend who has no cable. I I have Mediacom cable. I have a Sansui flat screen TV. So when I go to the store...what is it I need to look for? I hope this is enough info to get an answer?

BTW....I also want to get by as inexpensive as possible? All the techno stuff means next to nothing to me.

CAN SOMEONE HELP AND TELL ME WHAT I WANT AT THE STORE?!?! Better yet....can you list some options of units that would work? PLEASE!!

Although your post doesn't belong in this forum . . .

Look for a used Toshiba DVR670. It has both analog and digital tuners in it, it is a VCR and it is a DVD recorder. It is also an upconverting unit, with 1080p hdmi output capabilities. You cannot watch one channel while recording another right inside this player, but you can record a show with it to tape or dvd - and watch something else via your cable box, or TV tuner if you set it up correctly in your home theater.
I found one of these in mint condition including the remote in a thrift shop for under $10 - what a huge bargain! I see them on EBay quite a bit for $100 and up.
I have a friend with a Magnavox unit with similar capabilities that he is very happy with also.
Good luck.

A long-time audio/video addict!
Reply HD DVD Players

Tags
Toshiba Dvr670 Dvr670ku Dvd Vhs Recorder With Built In Tuner Black
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page