Can a xbox Hd player work without an xbox - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 08-16-2013, 10:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi we have a magnovox blueray payer with Wi-Fi..... but the streaming is slow from the wireless router...especially if using computer at the same time as magnovox dvd player ....... is there a way to connect a xbox
player hdmi without the xbox 360 gaming device... and if so would it in any way speed things up . I know everybody is just going to say get a faster modem line . just liked HDMi reviews
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-17-2013, 04:20 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
The only way to make that work is by connecting it to a computer. I suppose you may be able to use a software player and watch on the pc. Best just to rip the discs, put on external drive and play them off of there.

Stace
post #3 of 5 Old 08-17-2013, 05:03 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the help stace, I was so afraid I was asking a question in the wrong forum , and the website or friends would point this out.

It just we have a wifi dvd player , computer with plenty of speed and ram. Its just when my wife and daughter start huffing, because there is a streaming box loading . I get frustrated......threaten to turn tv off . I know just call the cable ( or dish ) and pay more for better modem speed.

It just with so many people trying to get channels without dish or cable, off computer I thought I could speed it up
post #4 of 5 Old 08-18-2013, 01:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Your post is unclear.

You have a Blu-ray player that your family is using to stream content from the internet. When they stream content from the internet, and you're using the computer with the internet at the same time.. it gets slow. Is this correct?

What does this have to do with the Xbox HD DVD player? I don't understand what you're trying to do with this.
post #5 of 5 Old 08-18-2013, 02:29 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks brentsg

It's kinda like when you go into the hardware store and there are 15 different products to fix a problem. I'm a novice have little computer

experience. The Xbox has nothing to do with with problem or solution . I mistakenly thought I could separate the modem from the

computer and the one from the tv by using a different source but ironicly they probably are using the same phone line. Going from

dish to a more selective cable company ( more movies BBc etc) maybe there cable line can help the streaming problem but then paying

for double internet depends on how cheep Mark
Reply HD DVD Players

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page