HD XA2 How to Up-convert over Component - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 03-07-2016, 09:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
HD XA2 How to Up-convert over Component

I realize this is a throwback, but I would like to know if anyone with an XA2 is having success using specific converters to enable up-convert eventually going into component. I understand there are a number of boxes available to receive HDMI and convert to component. VisionFC4 seems to not be available and might have shift issues, HDFury 2,3,4 seem to work but are expensive but there are a number of boxes available to convert HDMI to component but I can not tell whether the HDCP issue would prevent the XA2 from up-converting. I have a nice Yamaha Receiver with no HDMI and the in wall cable to my living room TV is component and running HDMI to it seems impractical. Do not want to decript DVDs. I only want to let the XA2 do what it is supposed to do well, up-convert, seems a shame to not have this feature for the occasional watch of non high def DVD. Please reply to this post if you have specific experience solving this with XA2.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-01-2016, 11:18 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Point View Post
I realize this is a throwback, but I would like to know if anyone with an XA2 is having success using specific converters to enable up-convert eventually going into component. I understand there are a number of boxes available to receive HDMI and convert to component. VisionFC4 seems to not be available and might have shift issues, HDFury 2,3,4 seem to work but are expensive but there are a number of boxes available to convert HDMI to component but I can not tell whether the HDCP issue would prevent the XA2 from up-converting. I have a nice Yamaha Receiver with no HDMI and the in wall cable to my living room TV is component and running HDMI to it seems impractical. Do not want to decript DVDs. I only want to let the XA2 do what it is supposed to do well, up-convert, seems a shame to not have this feature for the occasional watch of non high def DVD. Please reply to this post if you have specific experience solving this with XA2.
cant be done internally from the unit bud. HDCP prevents upconversion exceeding 480P via component when playing DVD's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HD DVD Players

Tags
component , hd xa2 , upconvert , xa2

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page