magnavox mdr865h/f7/cox cable set up - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 07-14-2016, 11:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
magnavox mdr865h/f7/cox cable set up

Was I given a white elephant? New mdr865h/f7 will not load and play channels when attached to a cox cable system mini-box or standard cable box for setup. Neither I nor cox cable can find a way to make it function, whether it is set up in HDMI, composite (RCA RWY) ,component, or S-video, on the units DTV,, L1 or L2 inputs: makes no difference, no output. The DVD player will play a purchased recording but does not appear to record, and the HDD can be programmed but does not seem to receive a signal to record. Has anyone encountered this, or is the unit itself the problem? I do not think it is the unit--even cox cable did not suggest this as a cause of the problem--but there is a problem nonetheless. Have read the posts in related threads and tried a few tips, but to no avail. Has anyone else had a like or same experience?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-15-2016, 05:11 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 861 Post(s)
Liked: 1397
This forum is for HD-DVD players. Try here:

Mag MDR865, 867, 868 HD DVRs w/DVD Burners, Line Inputs, Editing, Rec Modes, USB 3.0

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself.

Oppo UDP-203 -> Yamaha CX-A5100 -> Sony XBR-75X940C; Mediabridge 6' and 15' HDMI cables.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread HD DVD Players

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page