Tosh Hd-xa1 User Thread & LINK to FAQ - Page 63 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1861 of 1863 Old 06-20-2008, 07:17 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
bump

i'm trying to figure out if my rca hd dvd player is worth keeping as a cd player. it looks like i could resell it for $50-$100 on ebay (about the same amount i paid for it -- possibly a tad more, even). any help? do i have to connect the 2.0 stereo analogs to take advantage of burr browns for cd's?

the 5.1 analog inputs are going to be re-occupied by a new pioneer 05fd blu-ray player.

thanks in advance for any help that can be provided.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1862 of 1863 Old 06-20-2008, 07:53 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by willyd View Post

bump

i'm trying to figure out if my rca hd dvd player is worth keeping as a cd player. it looks like i could resell it for $50-$100 on ebay (about the same amount i paid for it -- possibly a tad more, even). any help? do i have to connect the 2.0 stereo analogs to take advantage of burr browns for cd's?

the 5.1 analog inputs are going to be re-occupied by a new pioneer 05fd blu-ray player.

thanks in advance for any help that can be provided.

yes, if you connect the 2.0 stereo analog outputs, you'll benefit from the burr browns.
post #1863 of 1863 Old 06-23-2008, 11:12 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo1214 View Post

Remote from the 2nd and 3rd generation works but they don't have the 'V ouput' and ' Resolution' buttons, So I don't know if you can change the resolution or switch the video output or not.

I contacted the seller to see if he can find the missing remote. Turns out he had the remote. Finally got the remote but didn't have the 'V output'. It turns out he sent me the remote for the XA2 (se-r0251)instead. It looks almost the same as XA1 but has a button label 'picture' instead of 'v out'. I still couldn't get it to change resolution with this button. I found out this remote cost twice as much as the XA1 . If anyone has an extra XA1 remote to exchange, let me know..
Reply HD DVD Players

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page