HD-A1 software update?? - Page 28 - AVS Forum
First ... 26  27  28
HD DVD Players > HD-A1 software update??
drhankz's Avatar drhankz 02:04 PM 11-16-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP
What about ISO format? I got the impression from drhankz that it isn't suppose to be an ISO file.
The ONLY THING I HAVE EVER SAID - IS ISO DOES NOT WORK.

It is a .nrg file NOT a .iso File.

Call me GUILTY for saying it does not work.

drhankz's Avatar drhankz 02:07 PM 11-16-2006
Quote:
What about ISO format? I got the impression from drhankz that it isn't suppose to be an ISO file.
I have seen others on this thread say ISO.

Maybe they are in the coaster making business.
JimP 02:11 PM 11-16-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by drhankz
There must be 100 places on this thread were people have been told -

ISO DOES NOT WORK.

The .nrg file is a Nero Image file NOT AN ISO FILE - also the HD-A1 has NO
idea what to do with an ISO file.

I spent 20 minutes trying to find detailed instructions and it wasn't there.

The zipped file I downloaded opened as an ISO file and that's what I burned to the CDs. There wasn't any reason to think or do otherwise.

Why don't you get the thread starter to put instructions in the first post of the thread. That's where most people would look.
gosawx's Avatar gosawx 02:15 PM 11-16-2006
Quote:

Sorry, I'm not a real "computer guy", I just downloaded the 2.0 file the night it came out, used the software from www.MagicISO.com to burn a disc, and it worked.

Another option is to order one from Toshiba. I hear their turnaround is rather quick...
drhankz's Avatar drhankz 02:19 PM 11-16-2006
Quote:
I spent 20 minutes trying to find detailed instructions and it wasn't there.

The zipped file I downloaded opened as an ISO file and that's what I burned to the CDs. There wasn't any reason to think or do otherwise.

Why don't you get the thread starter to put instructions in the first post of the thread. That's where most people would look.
In my FIRST reply to you today - I said the file needed to be a .NRG.

If it is not then play all you want.

I'm done.
JimP 05:19 PM 11-16-2006
I went back to the website that had the original file that I had used and downloaded a different one instead. It opened as a .nrg file, burned properly and updated the player on the first try. Even got to see some of King Kong.

Sorry to have been such a bother, especially to drhankz.
gosawx's Avatar gosawx 06:07 PM 11-16-2006
he did seem a little grumpy...
roulis's Avatar roulis 03:34 PM 11-19-2006
Dear Friend it is possible to send me by email the image file for the new firmware V1.2 For Toshiba HD-XA1,

I'd appreciatte your kindly repsonse,

Regards,

Roulis
Patrick.'s Avatar Patrick. 04:43 PM 11-19-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by drhankz
It is in the setup menu area - MAINTENANCE.

NONE of the NEW Players come with version 2 FW - so you need to
update your FW to view King Kong.
I got my player last week, it had 2.0 and a few revised sheets for the manual, build date is August 2006
mfabien's Avatar mfabien 05:03 AM 11-20-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by roulis
Dear Friend it is possible to send me by email the image file for the new firmware V1.2 For Toshiba HD-XA1,

I'd appreciatte your kindly repsonse,

Regards,

Roulis
The latest firmware is version 2.0 (not 1.2)

The download file is 57.9MB, much too much for an e-mail attachment.

If you want to make a CD-R disc, read:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...&&#post8934006
bdhart's Avatar bdhart 11:44 AM 11-20-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick.
I got my player last week, it had 2.0 and a few revised sheets for the manual, build date is August 2006
What information did the revised sheets have?
osoler00's Avatar osoler00 08:08 PM 11-20-2006
Quote:
Sorry to be so dense, but where do you find the current firmware number?

I just got my HD-A1 in and the only HD-DVD that I own is the King Kong one. I get the splash screen from the film producer producer along with sound, but then after that I get an error code 0x82000c03 then a 4094c504.

Do these sound like something related to firmware version?
I just picked up King Kong and I just got the same error on my player?

My player seems to have the latest FW 1.3/1.09/2.0R so why can't it play the movie? It plays every other movie just fine. I was wondering did you finally get your player to play the movie? Thanks.
bobgpsr's Avatar bobgpsr 08:17 PM 11-20-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by osoler00
My player seems to have the latest FW 1.3/1.09/2.0R so why can't it play the movie?
That is not the latest. The leftmost number needs to be 2.0/

The number for the current version is:
2.0/1.0A/2.0S

It has the latest HDi updates that let King Kong play correctly.

Bob
osoler00's Avatar osoler00 05:13 AM 11-21-2006
Thanks for the info Bob! I'll see if I can update the unit with the latest FW.

Thanks again.
osoler00's Avatar osoler00 05:34 AM 11-21-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobgpsr
That is not the latest. The leftmost number needs to be 2.0/

The number for the current version is:
2.0/1.0A/2.0S

It has the latest HDi updates that let King Kong play correctly.

Bob
Thanks very much for the info. I just have one more quick question? when you proceed to update the FW by internet what's the actual message you see on the screen that show's the update is actually running? I thought I updated my unit correctly, I followed the steps in the manual, and I also saw the disclaimer so I just pressed ok and it just kicked me back to the main screen again. According to the manual if you have the latest FW update the unit will kick you back to the setup screen that's why I thought I had the lateset FW. But now I'm thinking my ethernet cable is bad. So should I be seeing another message also instead of only the disclaimer message? Thanks.
jqmn's Avatar jqmn 06:26 AM 11-21-2006
osoler00-- be sure you are hitting the OK button and not the cancel button. On smaller screens it is hard to tell them apart. Also ensure that you really have internet connectivity. When you hit OK you should see your router or whatever show activity on whatever light corresponds to activity. Rebooting your WAP or router might work. In some cases, if you are using a WAP and have lost the address, your equipment will show a connection when there isn't one. Lastly, I share my WAP between two devices and find that with the Toshiba I need to connect the WAP to the unit and then boot the Toshiba. Otherwise the Toshiba and the WAP look like they are connected but they aren't. Hope this helps.
motoman's Avatar motoman 08:58 AM 11-21-2006
Any insiders know when the next update version will come? I'm hoping they address the HDMI>DVI black crush problem from the 2.0 upgrade. I was very happy with my player till I upgraded to 2.0.

Thanks

Jim
osoler00's Avatar osoler00 09:13 AM 11-21-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by jqmn
osoler00-- be sure you are hitting the OK button and not the cancel button. On smaller screens it is hard to tell them apart. Also ensure that you really have internet connectivity. When you hit OK you should see your router or whatever show activity on whatever light corresponds to activity. Rebooting your WAP or router might work. In some cases, if you are using a WAP and have lost the address, your equipment will show a connection when there isn't one. Lastly, I share my WAP between two devices and find that with the Toshiba I need to connect the WAP to the unit and then boot the Toshiba. Otherwise the Toshiba and the WAP look like they are connected but they aren't. Hope this helps.
Thanks very much for the info. I 'll give it another try.
First ... 26  27  28

Up
Mobile  Desktop