How often do you experience skipping on your HD-A1? - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 68 Old 01-17-2007, 08:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Some three months after upgrading to the version 2.0 firmware, I have been experiencing periodic skipping which is very annoying. Prior to this upgrade, I've had no problems with my HDA1. BTW, all my discs are in perfect condition. King Kong skips the most!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 68 Old 01-17-2007, 11:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Seldom enough that it's basically a non-issue for me.
post #63 of 68 Old 01-18-2007, 04:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I'm running the A1 with FW2.0.

I never have skipping on store bought disc or clean netflix rentals. However, I got a few of the HD Sopranos discs that were scratched all to hell. Sure enough, each disc skipped several times, including locking up the player. The spots were all repeatable.

I don't really blame the A1 all that much. I'm sure drives will improve over time. The severity of the disc damage makes me more angry at disc carelessness than it does at the Toshiba.
post #64 of 68 Old 01-19-2007, 03:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocski View Post

Some three months after upgrading to the version 2.0 firmware, I have been experiencing periodic skipping which is very annoying. Prior to this upgrade, I've had no problems with my HDA1. BTW, all my discs are in perfect condition. King Kong skips the most!

I finally did my 2.0 upgrade just a couple of days ago. Previously, it had played the last 10 HD DVD's perfectly with no glitches.(before this stretch,maybe one glitch every 3 films.)
Well, King Kong was a disaster. At least 7 skips during the first hour, and the player stopped by itself at the 1 hour 13 minute mark. But, once I hit play again and chapter searched to that point to continue, it was flawless to the end.
My player wouldn't play Lady in the Water at 1.2, but played it perfectly with 2.0. Also watched V for Vendetta, and like before, it did play perfectly.
So, I'm hoping I'm one of the lucky ones and that I only have trouble with King Kong!
post #65 of 68 Old 01-19-2007, 06:26 AM
AVS Special Member

I haven't had trouble with any of my 52 hd-dvd movies, using hd-a1 firmware 2.0.

"We've done the impossible, and that makes us mighty!" - Captain Malcolm Reynolds
post #66 of 68 Old 01-19-2007, 08:08 AM

None! Before or after FW2.0.

Dave
post #67 of 68 Old 01-19-2007, 08:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
On my HD-D1 I have had skipping problems (audio sync) on every disc from the day I purchased it. After thinking that firmware upgrades would fix it, which they did not, I finally sent my unit back to Toshiba last week for repair. It was sent back to me with a new mother board and HD DVD drive and my skipping problems have been solved.

If any of you have this problem I would suggest sending it back to Toshiba for repair.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #68 of 68 Old 01-19-2007, 10:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Very rarely I've gone 20 HDDVds so far and only had a small pause last night, but it wanst during any dialog so I didn't care.

Since my last reboot 20 discs ago I've only used the player for HD-DVD playback. No DVDs or CDs (as I have a samsung upconverting player for DVDs, a 5 cd changer and MP3 player for that)

So I don't know if that's it or if I just have a good player...

Oddly enough my samsung 841 DVD players been having more issues. The digital audio over both optcail and coxial cut out every once in awhile any were from 1-5 per movie. Although it only breif second. So I think illget a new one as the old one uses DVI and forces me to us the AV in1 for audio on the TV. Which means I have to sacrifice that input. But so far my ampifer does all the switching...

Up tonight is clerks II HD-DVD or if I'm lucky like a few pepole here ill get my 3 free HDDVDs. At which point its dukes of hazzard....
Reply HD DVD Players

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page