DTS output is coming to the Xbox 360 HD DVD - Page 49 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

post #1441 of 1448 Old 05-08-2007, 07:59 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I concur with the OilerFan. I've cobbled together my Xbox/HD DVD system out of bits and pieces picked up off fleaBay, most of it for a very low price....the 360 console only set me back $140. Yet if this audio update happens - and the add-on never promised DTS audio out - I'll have a killer HD DVD player with 1080i output (maximum resolution my Samsung CRT can accept) and DTS audio out (the best multichannel sound my Sony AV receiver can handle)...what more could I ask?

That should hold me for a couple of years while I wait for the situation with HDMI 1.3 to resolve itself and for flat-screen monitor prices to stabilize (i.e. drop)....

I have no beef with MS whatsoever, they are offering tremendous value compared to the competition (you know who you are)....

Just my $0.02....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1442 of 1448 Old 05-08-2007, 07:59 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Indeed. The only reason I'm in HD now is because I got my Xbox 360 HD DVD add-on for US$175 (CAD$199.99), including the movie and remote. Bargoon!

I did get the Toshiba HD-A1 later for cheap as well, but returned it immediately, because it had its own issues, including also having audio synchronization issues like the 360 HD DVD currently. The Toshiba HD-A1 didn't suffer from the audio dynamics issue though. DD+ --> DTS on the Toshiba sounds glorious. Along with the other fixes (sync and disc issues), that's what I'm hoping for with the HD DVD update... next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yipchunyu View Post

haha, still waiting the update (and want to try with Planet earth). the xbox gave me 3 red rings. Crazy

It's of note though that Planet Earth plays fine without the update, as far as I can tell. I've only watched the first episode, but there were no issues.

There was one person who had problems, but I believe he didn't have the original HD DVD update installed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bar81 View Post

Again, that's irrelevant. Nobody to my knowledge is saying they're not appreciative that MS is fixing the issues.

There have been some, but that's in the past now.
post #1443 of 1448 Old 05-08-2007, 08:16 AM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 285
reopened

remember challenge the info in a post: not the poster

Please take the high road in every post
Please do not quote or respond to problematic posts: report them to mods to handle
Link to sponsors
good to be back to vBulletin
post #1444 of 1448 Old 05-08-2007, 09:26 AM

has anyone gotten any satisfaction from MS Customer service.

I took alook at the HDDVD addon packaging and theres a DTS logo on the box. To me, the false advertising alone should be worth something. I haven't called MS on this topic because I have been waiting as patiently as possible but I am thinking a harassing phone call to MS might get some kind of refund .ie free game , free points, free accessories.

anyone already try ?

My HT setup updated april 27/09
Click Here
post #1445 of 1448 Old 05-08-2007, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XavierYZ View Post

has anyone gotten any satisfaction from MS Customer service.

I took alook at the HDDVD addon packaging and theres a DTS logo on the box. To me, the false advertising alone should be worth something. I haven't called MS on this topic because I have been waiting as patiently as possible but I am thinking a harassing phone call to MS might get some kind of refund .ie free game , free points, free accessories.

anyone already try ?

Well its not exactly false advertising cause it can decode DTS, but let me know if you get anything for free from complaining. I love free stuff.
post #1446 of 1448 Old 05-08-2007, 09:34 AM

to me, its much more important for a consumer to be able to output DTS over decoding it. correct me if I am wrong on that statment.

I don't normally complain to companies about products, but my frustration(along with others) is so high regarding this issue. that I think I need to vent.

As far as just selling the Addon, and buying a standalone. its something I would love to do, but can't shell out the extra money right now.

If it doesn't come out buy fall I will for sure be getting a standalone. But selling the addon doesn't do any justice because MS already got there money

My HT setup updated april 27/09
Click Here
post #1447 of 1448 Old 05-08-2007, 09:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 52
Thinking this thread was closed, I started a new thread about the update. I'll still keep it updated if people are participating in it. Maybe we can get away from the negativity that has caused this thread to get shut down several times.
post #1448 of 1448 Old 05-08-2007, 10:04 AM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 285
you know maybe a new thread will help

we have received a lot of reports on this thread and closed it more than once: I hope the new thread will do better

If we have more reports, we may have to take stronger action

Closed: please post to new thread about the update

and please take the high road in every post

Please take the high road in every post
Please do not quote or respond to problematic posts: report them to mods to handle
Link to sponsors
good to be back to vBulletin
Closed Thread HD DVD Players

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page