Originally Posted by Phrynichus
This is a great player with an excellent upscaler especially. But here are a few of my glitches/issues after 3 days.
1. When I switch from watching something in SD-DVD to HD-DVD, I sometimes get a message that the unit will restart playback to ensure proper resolution. It then kicks back to the very beginning (to the start-up studio logo). The player does not seem to like jumping between SD and HD without begin fully turned off. One time I got this message twice in the middle of playback within 10 minutes. I had to completely unplug the unit annd then turn it back on. But I have never gotten this problem in SD-DVD playback.
I have the same issue when the player is set to 1080p and I try switching to a different input. But I don't get the issue when I have the player set to 1080i. Try setting the player to 1080i and see if the problem persists.
For me, great player and great HDMI sound, but a number of issues:
1. Aforementioned playback interruption when switching sources while set to 1080p.
2. Glitchy and inconsistent compatability with U-Control discs like Miami Vice
. Watched Vice
last night. Overlay menus were sluggish and there was a slight glitching of video very much like early Samsung BD players with DTS BDs. Rebooting the player resulted in smooth, normal playback.
3. A high-pitched digital squeal sometimes that can be corrected by rebooting the player or reloading the disc.
4. When I press eject on the remote towards the end of the movie, maybe over end credits, without hitting stop first, the disc stops playing, the display says STOP, but the disc never ejects. Hitting eject again doesn't help. Player is unresponsive. Hard reboot of the player is the only remedy. This has happened a few times.
5. This morning, player locked up with King Kong
disc when trying to go from Universal screensaver back to main menu. Had to reboot the player.
Again, love the PQ/SQ, build quality and styling, but should I have these many issues after four days? Why am I always