Pictures of your HD DVD setup - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #91 of 1186 Old 01-02-2007, 08:02 AM
Member
 
Gate13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 26
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CriPPleR_HD View Post

70"

very nice,can i ask you what did you payed for and where?
this model: Sony KDS-70R2000 right?
Gate13 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #92 of 1186 Old 01-02-2007, 08:28 AM
Senior Member
 
CriPPleR_HD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 226
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate13 View Post

very nice,can i ask you what did you payed for and where?

Sure. The model is: Sony SXRD. Model# KDS-R70XBR2. I think I paid about $5,500 for it on a sale Sony Style had. Here is a link.
http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTE...tion_55to80TVs
CriPPleR_HD is offline  
post #93 of 1186 Old 01-02-2007, 10:04 AM
Member
 
Gate13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 26
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CriPPleR_HD View Post

Sure. The model is: Sony SXRD. Model# KDS-R70XBR2. I think I paid about $5,500 for it on a sale Sony Style had. Here is a link.
http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTE...tion_55to80TVs

thanks mate,and are you happy with the quality at all?
Gate13 is offline  
post #94 of 1186 Old 01-02-2007, 10:57 AM
AVS Special Member
 
cnickersonjr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Missouri City, Texas (Next door to SUGARLAND)
Posts: 3,031
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevivoe View Post



118" diagonal

What projector is that? Looks like a Sanyo!

EDit: just saw the last pick. It's a Infocus ??.
cnickersonjr is offline  
post #95 of 1186 Old 01-02-2007, 12:15 PM
Advanced Member
 
Poolshark69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Nova Scotia Canada
Posts: 681
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Well i will post my humble little Eastern Canada setup

Signature has my spec's








Also I bring my HD-DVD drive with my 360 in here sometimes to play


Gamertag: Quicksilver1663
PSN: ujustshaturpants
Poolshark69 is offline  
post #96 of 1186 Old 01-02-2007, 03:12 PM
Senior Member
 
ressom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Lisle, IL
Posts: 469
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My modest setup...

Panasonic TH-50PH9UK
Toshiba HD-XA1
Panasonic XR-55
PureAV PF-40 (behind stand)
Boston Acoustics speakers
Sony DVD changer
HD-DVD's on speaker

ressom is offline  
post #97 of 1186 Old 01-02-2007, 07:50 PM
Senior Member
 
bob13654's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 443
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate13 View Post

thanks mate,and are you happy with the quality at all?


I have the same TV and it is amazing. Best TV I've owned, once I adjusted to the size. HD picture is incredible and I love to watch people's jaw drop when they come by my house and see the thing. I paid about $5,500 shipped with warranty in Oct.
bob13654 is offline  
post #98 of 1186 Old 01-02-2007, 10:46 PM
AVS Special Member
 
phansson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: usa
Posts: 2,853
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ok, sorry for the load times. Entire system wired HDMI. By the way all posters are ORIGINAL movie posters. No reprints. The Stormtrooper armor is a prop replica.

Equipment
106" Stewart Firehawk Screen
Sony "Pearl"projector
Sony PS3
Sony BDP-S1
Toshiba HD D1
Directv HD Tivo
Monster power HTS 1500
Pioneer 84Txsi Receiver
Parasound Halo amps (2) A 21's and (2) A 23's
Paradigm Studio Reference speakers. 2 100's (L/R), CC 570 (center), ADP 470 (sides) and older Paradigm rears.
Paradigm Servo 15 subwoofer.
All cables by Analysis plus

Screen up.


Screen down


East wall


Seating, back


Projector
phansson is offline  
post #99 of 1186 Old 01-03-2007, 01:22 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Xylon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Liecheinstein
Posts: 7,380
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Xylon is offline  
post #100 of 1186 Old 01-03-2007, 09:02 AM
Advanced Member
 
Cvetan1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bloomington, IL
Posts: 974
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Toshiba XA1.
LL
LL
LL
Cvetan1 is online now  
post #101 of 1186 Old 01-03-2007, 12:28 PM
Member
 
svsneo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Waterloo, IA
Posts: 179
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Heres my set-up:

Sony KDF-50A10
Onkyo TX-SR800
Toshiba HD-A2
XBox 360 + Add-on
Motorola DT6412 HD-DVR
Bic Acoustech HT-75 Mains
" " HT-65 Center
" " HT-63 Surrounds
" " H-100 Sub
Atlantic DVD Cabinets

I live in a pretty small apartment so it gets the job done until I can get into a bigger place. Also in the process of finalizing a new reclining sofa to replace the 15-20 year old hand-me-down sofa.

Pics:



svsneo is offline  
post #102 of 1186 Old 01-03-2007, 05:33 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Gary Murrell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 10,927
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Capek, I can't let another fellow 23 year old out do me, great setups guys, some amazing stuff

here is my dedicated setup, room is 100% black, eveything down to the door knobs :

NEC 1352LC CRT Projector with DVI HDCP input
DVDO VP50 scaler/processor
Draper Cineperm M1300 2.40:1 83x34.5 (from AVS)
Samsung BD-P1000
Toshiba HD-D1
Yamaha DVD-S1500
Yamaha DVD-CX1 with SDI mod
Zektor HDS4.1
Velodyne SMS-1 Sub EQ
Boston Acoustics AVP7 Pre-Amp
Atlantic Technology A-2000 Amplifier
Atlantic Technology THX System 370 with 2 subs
URC MX-3000 touchscreen
URC MRF-350 RF system
Panamax M4300-EX power
two Panamax Max-4400/20amp powers
VTI speaker stands
Auralex Sound treatments
3 Dedicated 20Amp circuits











-Gary
Gary Murrell is offline  
post #103 of 1186 Old 01-03-2007, 06:01 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
Art Sonneborn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Battle Creek,MI USA
Posts: 22,302
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 44

My HT


iRule rules my theater
 

"If she's amazing she won't be easy,if she's easy she won't be amazing"

 

Bob Marley

Art Sonneborn is offline  
post #104 of 1186 Old 01-03-2007, 08:13 PM
Advanced Member
 
Cvetan1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bloomington, IL
Posts: 974
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 46
^^^
Damn, I should of been an Ortho/Dentist.
Cvetan1 is online now  
post #105 of 1186 Old 01-03-2007, 08:18 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
vancouver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: BC Canada
Posts: 3,997
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Gary. Love the MX 3000. Its my next purcahse for sure. Problem is they cost 30% more in canada for some reason and would be a huge duty if I imported it.


They all black is cool too. Do you notice a lot of the power/standy lights with all the equipment right in view?
vancouver is offline  
post #106 of 1186 Old 01-03-2007, 08:41 PM
Advanced Member
 
mr stroke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 570
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Murrell View Post

Capek, I can't let another fellow 23 year old out do me, great setups guys, some amazing stuff

here is my dedicated setup, room is 100% black, eveything down to the door knobs :

NEC 1352LC CRT Projector with DVI HDCP input
DVDO VP50 scaler/processor
Draper Cineperm M1300 2.40:1 83x34.5 (from AVS)
Samsung BD-P1000
Toshiba HD-D1
Yamaha DVD-S1500
Yamaha DVD-CX1 with SDI mod
Zektor HDS4.1
Velodyne SMS-1 Sub EQ
Boston Acoustics AVP7 Pre-Amp
Atlantic Technology A-2000 Amplifier
Atlantic Technology THX System 370 with 2 subs
URC MX-3000 touchscreen
URC MRF-350 RF system
Panamax M4300-EX power
two Panamax Max-4400/20amp powers
VTI speaker stands
Auralex Sound treatments
3 Dedicated 20Amp circuits











-Gary

HOLLY S***
killer set up!!!!
I love that set-up VERY unique.
two questions-how long did it take you to make?
and did you custom make that ceiling?
mr stroke is offline  
post #107 of 1186 Old 01-03-2007, 08:46 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Capek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 3,236
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Murrell View Post

Capek, I can't let another fellow 23 year old out do me, great setups guys, some amazing stuff

here is my dedicated setup, room is 100% black, eveything down to the door knobs :

NEC 1352LC CRT Projector with DVI HDCP input
DVDO VP50 scaler/processor
Draper Cineperm M1300 2.40:1 83x34.5 (from AVS)
Samsung BD-P1000
Toshiba HD-D1
Yamaha DVD-S1500
Yamaha DVD-CX1 with SDI mod
Zektor HDS4.1
Velodyne SMS-1 Sub EQ
Boston Acoustics AVP7 Pre-Amp
Atlantic Technology A-2000 Amplifier
Atlantic Technology THX System 370 with 2 subs
URC MX-3000 touchscreen
URC MRF-350 RF system
Panamax M4300-EX power
two Panamax Max-4400/20amp powers
VTI speaker stands
Auralex Sound treatments
3 Dedicated 20Amp circuits

-Gary

Well my setup just got blown out of the water! Wow, nice setup.

btw, you don't film porno's or something like that in there when you're not watching movies do you? I don't know what it is, it just looks like that room was built to house some very naughty activities. That room's got a major swanky vibe. Which is a complement btw , I'm very jealous. I was just able to finish hooking all my stuff up before I got distracted by watching movies, and never got around to automating everything and sound treating the room. One of these days though I'll get around to it.
Capek is offline  
post #108 of 1186 Old 01-03-2007, 10:12 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Gary Murrell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 10,927
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
thanks guys, Cap, LOL! it's my camera that gives it that look

I will be updating the pics soon and I will put up a video of my HT as well

couver I have carefully modified every component, mostly with some nice small black rubber discs, some duvetyne tape and a few other goodies to make sure I can't see one light, check out ebay item # 250067560090, authorized dealer, I paid less than that for mine

this room is 13x13 and is over the garage, that is why the slanted ceilings, the CRT pj sits mostly back in a alcove window cutout, thats where you see a false wall behind my seats
I urge everyone to do a black room if they can, I am a black level freak and the difference between even a all dark room like maroon/navy and true 100% black is amazing

thanks again for the compliments, I worked on this baby for about 6 months

-Gary
Gary Murrell is offline  
post #109 of 1186 Old 01-04-2007, 08:50 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
Art Sonneborn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Battle Creek,MI USA
Posts: 22,302
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Winstone,
You are the kinda guy who gives the studios a chubby.Nice collection and very nice display of same.


My HT


iRule rules my theater
 

"If she's amazing she won't be easy,if she's easy she won't be amazing"

 

Bob Marley

Art Sonneborn is offline  
post #110 of 1186 Old 01-04-2007, 08:57 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
Art Sonneborn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Battle Creek,MI USA
Posts: 22,302
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Winstone,
You are the kinda guy who gives the studios a chubby.Nice collection and very nice display of same.


My HT


iRule rules my theater
 

"If she's amazing she won't be easy,if she's easy she won't be amazing"

 

Bob Marley

Art Sonneborn is offline  
post #111 of 1186 Old 01-04-2007, 09:07 AM
Senior Member
 
CriPPleR_HD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 226
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Murrell View Post

thanks guys, Cap, LOL! it's my camera that gives it that look

I will be updating the pics soon and I will put up a video of my HT as well

couver I have carefully modified every component, mostly with some nice small black rubber discs, some duvetyne tape and a few other goodies to make sure I can't see one light, check out ebay item # 250067560090, authorized dealer, I paid less than that for mine

this room is 13x13 and is over the garage, that is why the slanted ceilings, the CRT pj sits mostly back in a alcove window cutout, thats where you see a false wall behind my seats
I urge everyone to do a black room if they can, I am a black level freak and the difference between even a all dark room like maroon/navy and true 100% black is amazing

thanks again for the compliments, I worked on this baby for about 6 months

-Gary

Nice work Gary.



Art, you should just take the word "Home" out of "Home Theater"

Great stuff.
CriPPleR_HD is offline  
post #112 of 1186 Old 01-04-2007, 09:58 AM
AVS Special Member
 
TomsHT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Douglassville, PA
Posts: 4,705
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
HT Room pictures in my sig link below
TomsHT is offline  
post #113 of 1186 Old 01-04-2007, 04:52 PM
aod
Advanced Member
 
aod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: On location
Posts: 655
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Here's mine. Yes, I need another Billy Bookcase. I am running out of room.

JVC HD-70FH97 -1080p HD-ILA TV/ Yamaha RX-V3300 -Receiver/ JBL ND310 -Mains/ Klipsch RC-3II -Center/ Klipsch RS-35 -Surround (3)/ Sony SA-WM40 -Sub/ Toshiba HD-A2-HD-DVD Player / Sony DVP-NC685 -CD/DVD/SACD/ JVC HR-S9900U -SVHS player/ Monster MPB2100 -Power Bar


aod is offline  
post #114 of 1186 Old 01-04-2007, 05:46 PM
Advanced Member
 
Otter0911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 568
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by phansson View Post

Ok, sorry for the load times. Entire system wired HDMI. By the way all posters are ORIGINAL movie posters. No reprints. The Stormtrooper armor is a prop replica.

Equipment
106" Stewart Firehawk Screen
Sony "Pearl"projector
Sony PS3
Sony BDP-S1
Toshiba HD D1
Directv HD Tivo
Monster power HTS 1500
Pioneer 84Txsi Receiver
Parasound Halo amps (2) A 21's and (2) A 23's
Paradigm Studio Reference speakers. 2 100's (L/R), CC 570 (center), ADP 470 (sides) and older Paradigm rears.
Paradigm Servo 15 subwoofer.
All cables by Analysis plus

Screen up.


Screen down


East wall


Seating, back


Projector

Where is the "Revenge of the Jedi" poster?
Otter0911 is offline  
post #115 of 1186 Old 01-04-2007, 06:37 PM
Member
 
fergiej's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 80
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Be it ever so humble...

Energy Encore 5.1 setup with 2 add'l surrounds for back right and left. Cherry stands were for Xmas from my Mom! Love them!



HTPC on top (Thermaltake Bach case), the IR/RF receiver for the MX-850 Remote

Xbox 360 w/add-on. XBOX is skinned black with chrome face. Right side is TiVo S3 and H-K AVR-630 Receiver. HDMI switch sitting on center channel. Both receiver and the HTPC have laptop coolers on top, upside down and blowing out of the back. They still are kind of warm, but not too bad.

From my sweet spot.

The few games and HD-DVDs. PGR3 is missing! Where is it?

Behind the couch. Main PC with 26" LCD for video editing monitor. All my network storage next to printer. Roughly 2 TB.

Back right and left just behind couch. Light HAS been fixed.... And the fan has been dusted, too...

Jerry
-----
So what?
fergiej is offline  
post #116 of 1186 Old 01-04-2007, 06:50 PM
Senior Member
 
[H]RedDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 368
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Very nice room Art. Except all those people. If I could get away with putting one chair in my theater I would do it. Unfortunately my wife insists on watching movies with me on weekends so I had to put in 2.

DO you have a shot with the lights on? I'd like to see your stage and curtains. That what I'm trying to figure out a design for in my room right now.
[H]RedDog is offline  
post #117 of 1186 Old 01-04-2007, 08:30 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Gary Murrell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 10,927
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by [H]RedDog View Post

Very nice room Art. Except all those people. If I could get away with putting one chair in my theater I would do it. Unfortunately my wife insists on watching movies with me on weekends so I had to put in 2.

DO you have a shot with the lights on? I'd like to see your stage and curtains. That what I'm trying to figure out a design for in my room right now.


http://www.artsonneborn.com/

-Gary
Gary Murrell is offline  
post #118 of 1186 Old 01-04-2007, 09:31 PM
AVS Special Member
 
phansson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: usa
Posts: 2,853
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
otter991

I would hate to disappoint you. You should see my office at work!!



This is every half sheet poster issued for the series.
phansson is offline  
post #119 of 1186 Old 01-04-2007, 09:41 PM
AVS Special Member
 
phansson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: usa
Posts: 2,853
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Art,

Your theater is pretty impressive. Very nice job.
phansson is offline  
post #120 of 1186 Old 01-05-2007, 01:17 AM
Newbie
 
hiperion2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
great pictures everyone!
hiperion2k is offline  
Reply HD DVD Players

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off