Am I missing it? Bookmarking on A2? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 11 Old 12-29-2006, 08:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I tried reading the manual to find it, and I checked every button of the remote...but I don't see a bookmark option with the A2.

Is this no longer an option? Do we just have to remember the last chapter we were on to easily get back to where we stopped the movie?

There's a "Resume Play" button, but it doesn't seem to do anything while watching HD-DVDs (haven't tested with SD).

What am I missing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 12-29-2006, 08:53 AM

My first post. from the UK of all places.

Bookmarking is disk dependent and the disk has to be authored for it, for example Harry potter uses button B on the remote and Apollo 13 has no no bookmarking.

The resume function doesnt work on HD-DVD disks authored in advanced mode (almost all if not all current titles) it does however work fine on normal DVDs.
post #3 of 11 Old 12-29-2006, 11:12 AM

Liked: 11
So I would like resume to work as well but in the meantime I hit "Stop" and then either do what I want or turn the TV off as well. Then I hit "Play" when I come back and there I am, right where I stopped the disk. This appears to be the functional equivalent to resume. Pay attention to the proviso the unit gives you; if you turn the unit off or hit "Stop" again, you will kill this function and have to go back through scene selection.
post #4 of 11 Old 12-29-2006, 07:29 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakex View Post

I tried reading the manual to find it, and I checked every button of the remote...but I don't see a bookmark option with the A2.

Is this no longer an option? Do we just have to remember the last chapter we were on to easily get back to where we stopped the movie?

There's a "Resume Play" button, but it doesn't seem to do anything while watching HD-DVDs (haven't tested with SD).

What am I missing?

To bookmark an HD disk press "B" on the remote. It will place your bookmark and never skip a beat on the movie.
Everyone's crying over the non-functional Resume button. Sure I'd like the resume to work on HD disks (Play does return to place you left on regular DVD's if you don't remove the disk from the player) but I really like the bookmark feature. So far it's worked on every HD disk I've tried it on. I assume the data's kept in the A2's flash memory since you can remove the disk, turn off the player, etc. and the next time you play the disk your bookmark's still there
post #5 of 11 Old 12-29-2006, 07:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Took me awhile to figure out my bookmarks are in the menu's extra's.
post #6 of 11 Old 12-30-2006, 05:32 AM

The main reason I like resume is to cue a movie to start at the beginning of the film and NOT at some FBI warning or promo. It is a useful feature to do that...
post #7 of 11 Old 12-30-2006, 06:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert D View Post

Took me awhile to figure out my bookmarks are in the menu's extra's.

Care to elaborate on that? I haven't found any instructions on how to use the bookmark feature. I've gotten as far as hitting the B button and watching the bookmark come up on the screen, but that is it.

While I'm at it, how do we get past all of those previews on the HD discs? I'm currently using FF, but there has to be a better way.
post #8 of 11 Old 12-30-2006, 06:40 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliens View Post

Care to elaborate on that? I haven't found any instructions on how to use the bookmark feature. I've gotten as far as hitting the B button and watching the bookmark come up on the screen, but that is it.

While I'm at it, how do we get past all of those previews on the HD discs? I'm currently using FF, but there has to be a better way.

The chapter skip-forward will take you past the extras. The only way I've found to access the bookmarks is to bring up the scenes menu, then go to bookmarks. From there you can select from any you have set.
post #9 of 11 Old 03-14-2007, 09:09 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicheyPoor View Post

The chapter skip-forward will take you past the extras. The only way I've found to access the bookmarks is to bring up the scenes menu, then go to bookmarks. From there you can select from any you have set.

When I am in the scenes menu, I can see the bookmarks displayed. How do you select a particular bookmark and get the movie to resume playing at that bookmark?
Thanks
post #10 of 11 Old 03-15-2007, 07:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 152
I can concur that there is nothing in the instrution manual for my A2 about bookmarks.

But yes, just press B at the place in the film that you would like to bookmark. Assuming the disc supports bookmarks, they will typically appear in the Chapter Selection area.

I have only tried this on a couple discs, and that is where I found them. I suppose it could vary from disc to disc.

brian
post #11 of 11 Old 03-15-2007, 09:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Thanks for all the info about bookmarks.

How does one remove a bookmark?
Reply HD DVD Players

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page