Ordering a 360 HDDVD add-on from play-asia. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 01-05-2007, 06:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Yesterday i ordered the add-on from play-asia.com for 158.Wich is a very nice price since even with shipping costs it remains a lower price then they ARE going to ask here in europe (The netherlands to be exact).

After i ordered it i saw it mentioned specificly "japan" on the item. The thought that hit me right ofter ordering was "what if the player fro some reason will not work on my euro 360?"

So i sent them a e-mail regarding this asking if it will work for sure. I recieved a e-mail today (very fast Kudos to them,love that) in wich they state (tony was the name) They themselves do not know for sure and they canceled my order for me , wich believe it or not i apreciated.

So i sent them a mssg back stating that i would find out if it did and re-order it from them.

So obviously does anyone here order the drive from them to use on their non-japanese 360 ,preff. a euro system?

P.S i forgot to ask them if it came with the king kong disc so if anyone can awnser that , that would be great too.

I hope someone hear can tell me soon as i am very eager to get this player as you might imagine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-05-2007, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by velodyne View Post

Yesterday i ordered the add-on from play-asia.com for 158.Wich is a very nice price since even with shipping costs it remains a lower price then they ARE going to ask here in europe (The netherlands to be exact).

After i ordered it i saw it mentioned specificly "japan" on the item. The thought that hit me right ofter ordering was "what if the player fro some reason will not work on my euro 360?"

So i sent them a e-mail regarding this asking if it will work for sure. I recieved a e-mail today (very fast Kudos to them,love that) in wich they state (tony was the name) They themselves do not know for sure and they canceled my order for me , wich believe it or not i apreciated.

So i sent them a mssg back stating that i would find out if it did and re-order it from them.

So obviously does anyone here order the drive from them to use on their non-japanese 360 ,preff. a euro system?

P.S i forgot to ask them if it came with the king kong disc so if anyone can awnser that , that would be great too.

I hope someone hear can tell me soon as i am very eager to get this player as you might imagine

The Japanese drive will work fine with your euro 360. I know several people in Norway that uses the Japanese and Hong Kong drives. Only negative thing about buying it is the japanese characters on the remote.
Also regarding power supply, all you have to do is to change the figure 8 lead (the ones used in DVD players, kettles, etc...)
post #3 of 4 Old 01-05-2007, 07:45 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you very much for that !

I dont care much for the remote so no problem there as i have a universal remote for that.

I will order it from them then but first i will try and find out if they include the king kong disc.
post #4 of 4 Old 01-06-2007, 03:26 AM - Thread Starter

As of now i have a top bid runing on the german E-bay. my bid is at 201 wich is like what $150 orso ?

The drive comes with the remote ,King Kong, Doom and CSI.

Seem like a good deal ?
Reply HD DVD Players

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page