HD Video - MPEG2 TS/PS MPEG4 TS/PS ?? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 01-25-2007, 11:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello,
I am not sure if I am in the right board, but I have a question regarding some terms that have become important to what I am doing.

A client has requested a video clip in 4 different versions

MPEG2-TS
MPEG2-PS
MPEG4-TS
MPEG4-PS

I primarily use Final Cut Studio for my video creation and was wonderfing if anyone could fill me in on what those terms mean.
I was also wondering if anyone knows of a place where you can send an HD-DVD disc image and have them burn a master for you?

Thanks for your help!
Jason
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2007, 06:39 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by box86rowh View Post

Hello,
I am not sure if I am in the right board, but I have a question regarding some terms that have become important to what I am doing.

MPEG2-TS
MPEG2-PS
MPEG4-TS
MPEG4-PS

I primarily use Final Cut Studio for my video creation and was wonderfing if anyone could fill me in on what those terms mean.
I was also wondering if anyone knows of a place where you can send an HD-DVD disc image and have them burn a master for you?

Thanks for your help!
Jason

You may wish to private message (PM) a member here who is known as FilmMixer, I have read a few of his posts and he seems very knowledgeable in this area. Also visit www.videohelp.com they have a great deal of information on converting from one encoding to another.

Good luck
Old 01-26-2007, 06:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by box86rowh View Post

Hello,

MPEG2-TS
MPEG2-PS
MPEG4-TS
MPEG4-PS

Thanks for your help!
Jason

TS is transport stream. That is what Blu-ray uses. PS is Program Stream, and that is what HD DVD uses. They proably want to be able to make Blu-ray and HD DVD if needed.