A2 / XA2 1.2 , 1.3, and 1.5 ISO available for download - Page 8 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #211 of 312 Old 03-27-2007, 06:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
You downloaded the .NRG file right ? It should be called: XA2_1.3_unofficial_us.nrg

Try burning it with NERO. That's the type of file format it's in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 312 Old 03-27-2007, 06:32 PM
AVS Special Member

for the XA2 update only the NRG files are available.... NERO keeps screwing up on me... its just my luck too.... Iam updating NERO hopefully that works.

I support High Definition Content regardless of color!
ISF Calibration is my friend, and should be yours too
Enjoying TrueHD, DTS:MA and LPCM
OAR - What else is there!?
post #213 of 312 Old 03-27-2007, 10:27 PM

nero works fine here. try using the new trial freeware 7.xx version. right click on the nrg file and burn with nero at 4x.
post #214 of 312 Old 03-28-2007, 02:10 AM
AVS Special Member

I got it to work finally.... had to download a trial version of Nero... my full version was being very strange about it, it was having major errors.

how do I check the firmware version on the XA2 its self?

I support High Definition Content regardless of color!
ISF Calibration is my friend, and should be yours too
Enjoying TrueHD, DTS:MA and LPCM
OAR - What else is there!?
post #215 of 312 Old 03-30-2007, 06:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Just wanted to independantly verfiy that the 1.3 image works properly. I burned it using disk tools on my mac and it works perfectly. Download away!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #216 of 312 Old 03-31-2007, 04:52 AM

I live in the UK and have a HD-A2. Toshiba will not supply me with the upgrade CD, so thanks for the 1.3 ISO download. It worked but not sure what it has fixed. Any suggestions?
post #217 of 312 Old 03-31-2007, 04:59 AM

Just uploaded HD-A2 1.3 ISO and all ok. Toshiba will not support my player as I live outside the US. I'm in the UK, so thanks for the unofficial version. Not sure what it fixed though. Any suggestions?
post #218 of 312 Old 04-05-2007, 08:21 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 116
Ah crap. I had upgraded my XA2 via the web but can not change any of the settings in the picture menu despite trying a hard boot and a reinitialization. So I tried downloading the XA2 ISO, burning it, and then running the upgrade again, but just like the web version, I get a message saying that my software is up to date and it is exiting. How can I FORCE my machine to run the update again?

My machine worked fine before...What an idiot I am for thinking I was doing a good thing by upgrading.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #219 of 312 Old 04-05-2007, 09:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sorel View Post

Ah crap. I had upgraded my XA2 via the web but can not change any of the settings in the picture menu despite trying a hard boot and a reinitialization. So I tried downloading the XA2 ISO, burning it, and then running the upgrade again, but just like the web version, I get a message saying that my software is up to date and it is exiting. How can I FORCE my machine to run the update again?

My machine worked fine before...What an idiot I am for thinking I was doing a good thing by upgrading.

Bob, when you say you can't change any of the settings in the picture menu. Do you mean that you can't get the picture menu to pop up or is it that you can get get the picture menu to pop up but can't change any values. The picture menu will only be available if you are playing a disc.
post #220 of 312 Old 04-05-2007, 11:01 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
The picture menu will only be available if you are playing a disc.

I understand...The picture menu used to work fine before the update. With a disc playing, I can hit the "picture" button and the menu pops up. I can then move to any of the 6 buttons (1, 2, and 3 and corresponding edit buttons). I hit "edit" and the list of parameters shows up. The I can use the up and down arrow keys to move from one parameter to the next, but I can not use the left and right arrow keys to change any of the values. I thought maybe that it had something to do with an improper command being given from my universal remote control, but the same thing happens with the original remote. Am I just having a blond moment and not using the correct keys to change values or something? I hadn't changed any values in a long time so maybe it stopped working a long time ago and I didn't know it, or I forgot how to change the values, but as far as I remember all I had to do was to use the left and right arrow keys once I had a certain parameter highlighted.

post #221 of 312 Old 04-05-2007, 11:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I understand...The picture menu used to work fine before the update. With a disc playing, I can hit the "picture" button and the menu pops up. I can then move to any of the 6 buttons (1, 2, and 3 and corresponding edit buttons). I hit "edit" and the list of parameters shows up. The I can use the up and down arrow keys to move from one parameter to the next, but I can not use the left and right arrow keys to change any of the values. I thought maybe that it had something to do with an improper command being given from my universal remote control, but the same thing happens with the original remote. Am I just having a blond moment and not using the correct keys to change values or something? I hadn't changed any values in a long time so maybe it stopped working a long time ago and I didn't know it, or I forgot how to change the values, but as far as I remember all I had to do was to use the left and right arrow keys once I had a certain parameter highlighted.

When you highlight the parameter that you want to change, hit enter or select. You should get a screen at the bottom that will allow you to use the right or left arrow keys to increase or decrease the value or to toggle other parameters off or on..
post #222 of 312 Old 04-05-2007, 12:33 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

When you highlight the parameter that you want to change, hit enter or select. You should get a screen at the bottom that will allow you to use the right or left arrow keys to increase or decrease the value or to toggle other parameters off or on.

Ah, bingo! Now I understand, though this will take a little explaining. When I hit the enter button it appears that the entire menu has exited, but in reality that is not the case. Why? Because recently I went to a CIH setup with my front projector, meaning that on 2.35:1 content, my projector performs a vertical stretch and the black bars on the top and bottom are now offscreen (actually they are not shown at all, kind of like in the 16:9 letterbox mode). So once I enter a parameter by hitting the enter button, it looks to me as if I have exited the menu, as the new screen at the bottom is not on screen for me any more because of the way the vertical stretch works. I just tried it again and this time I shut the vertical stretch off so that I get a normal 2.35:1 image with bars on the top and bottom, and sure enough, there was that little menu on he bottom, just like you said...

Thanks, slimm! You're a genius! You provided the information in your post that I was missing in order to go looking in the right place for the solution. It never dawned on me that the menu was actually there, but just offscreen where I could not see it...

post #223 of 312 Old 04-05-2007, 12:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thanks, slimm! You're a genius! You provided the information in your post that I was missing in order to go looking in the right place for the solution. It never dawned on me that the menu was actually there, but just offscreen where I could not see it...

Glad to be of help. It's not often that that happens
post #224 of 312 Old 04-06-2007, 04:29 PM

[quote=Joey0480]ok now i am stumped. IT ejected the disc. Now it says "no signal" on the tv. I put a disc in and the same thing. Wonder what the hell happened]

I have now lost my HDMI signal.
post #225 of 312 Old 04-06-2007, 04:35 PM

The HDMI on my Mitsubishi is jacked up now. I am not getting any HDMI signal now through either my DISH network HD DVR player or the Toshiba HD-A2. I was getting a perfect HDMI signal the night before while watching HD tv through Dish Network. Now nothing. The only reason I got this HD-A2 player was so that I could up convert my old DVD's. Can someone help me?

I used the firmware 1.3 upgrade. It worked perfectly. I burned the image file onto a CD-R disk using nero. Right now I am using component connections because I have lost all HDMI signal ever since in upgraded the firmware with version 1.3.
post #226 of 312 Old 04-06-2007, 05:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
On a Mac buring the nrg file using Toast,,,, it sees it as an image file. Will this work in my XA2? if not is there a solution?

Tim
post #227 of 312 Old 04-06-2007, 05:14 PM
AVS Special Member

The XA2 saw the disk and the machine showed VerUP when I inserted it. It asked if i wanted to update and I clicked yes.

Hopefully I will be back in 20 minutes with a smiley face

Tim
post #228 of 312 Old 04-06-2007, 05:34 PM
AVS Special Member

1.3/T19M

Now I'm hungry

Tim
post #229 of 312 Old 04-06-2007, 06:41 PM
QuadMersed in bass!

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by tundrSQ View Post

On a Mac buring the nrg file using Toast,,,, it sees it as an image file. Will this work in my XA2? if not is there a solution?

If you are talking about an ISO file, I managed to burn one onto a DVD-R using "Disk Utility" for my Pioneer Elite Bluray player. My XA2 arrives on Monday, so I hope to be able to accomplish the same thing for that machine.

Mark

post #230 of 312 Old 04-06-2007, 06:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by giomania View Post

If you are talking about an ISO file, I managed to burn one onto a DVD-R using "Disk Utility" for my Pioneer Elite Bluray player. My XA2 arrives on Monday, so I hope to be able to accomplish the same thing for that machine.

Mark

I just downloaded the NRG file for the XA2 and it landed on my desktop as .nrg.txt file and i deleted the ,txt at th eend and it turned into an image file. I dropped that into toast and clicked burn...worked perfect. Took about 15 minutes. If you get hung up I can send you my copy.

Tim
post #231 of 312 Old 04-06-2007, 08:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Just tried the A2 1.3 ISO from both mirrors. Both times Roxio threw an error about an invalid ISO.

Anyone know what's up. Isn't the ISO format standard? Why isn't Roxio recognizing it as valid?
post #232 of 312 Old 04-06-2007, 09:26 PM

You might try using Nero. I downloaded 1.3 from one of the mirrors last night and burned it to a cdr with Nero and it worked perfectly.
post #233 of 312 Old 04-08-2007, 04:01 AM

I found some free DVD/CD burning software on CNET.com. Search for DeepBurner. I was able to succesfully burn the Pioneer BDP-HD1 update to DVD and Toshiba XA2 update to CD yesterday despite being a burning neophyte.

Michael

post #234 of 312 Old 04-08-2007, 07:02 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I just downloaded the NRG file for the XA2 and it landed on my desktop as .nrg.txt file and i deleted the ,txt at th eend and it turned into an image file. I dropped that into toast and clicked burn...worked perfect. Took about 15 minutes. If you get hung up I can send you my copy.

Exactly what I did and it worked perfectly. From download, burning, to reboot of the XA2 after update took less than 30 minutes.
post #235 of 312 Old 04-08-2007, 07:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjinglesusa View Post

Exactly what I did and it worked perfectly. From download, burning, to reboot of the XA2 after update took less than 30 minutes.

MACS RULE!!

Tim
post #236 of 312 Old 04-10-2007, 10:13 AM
QuadMersed in bass!

Why are there two mirrors for each ISO? Do I need both or one? When I click on the link with an iMac, it goes to a web site with a bunch of code. I'm confused.

Anyone have any advice?

Thanks.

Mark

post #237 of 312 Old 04-10-2007, 10:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Why are there two mirrors for each ISO? Do I need both or one? When I click on the link with an iMac, it goes to a web site with a bunch of code. I'm confused.

Anyone have any advice?

Thanks.

Mark

did you see my post above your for doing it on a mac? right click (or option click) to download link. then remove the .txt. Then burn it as an image file using Toast. easy cheezy!!

Are you doing A2 or XA2?

And you only need one of the files...mirrors are just that..."duplicate links".

Tim
post #238 of 312 Old 04-10-2007, 10:21 AM
QuadMersed in bass!

Quote:

did you see my post above your for doing it on a mac? right click (or option click) to download link. then remove the .txt. Then burn it as an image file using Toast. easy cheezy!!

Are you doing A2 or XA2?

And you only need one of the files...mirrors are just that..."duplicate links".

Ahh, I played around with the Right click button, but download link didn't make sense to me. Sorry, new to Mac's.

Thanks for your help.

I will try it tonight...but with Disk Utility...I don't have toast.

Mark

post #239 of 312 Old 04-11-2007, 01:58 PM

Updated my HD-A2 to FW 1.3 from FW 1.2. So far no issues; not that I had any before. Using DVI - HDMI cable with optical audio. Played a couple of HD-DVDs and a few SD-DVDs.

alinski...

post #240 of 312 Old 04-11-2007, 02:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Sorry, new to Mac's.

Better late than never

let me know if you get stuck, I struggled a little with Disk Utility.

Tim
Reply HD DVD Players

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page