I see everyone is getting frustrated with updating the firmware via the Ethernet (the latest version is 1.5 for the HD-A20). I tried about 8 times before I got it right. I was getting up to step 36/37, then it would hang. Here are my tips, I am not sure if this will work for everyone...
- I had no problems using a wired connection to a router. In other words the connection path is: A20 >>>router>>>cable modem.
- I hard rebooted (unplugged) the cable modem, router and A20 before the update.
- I manually entered the IP address and DHCP and DNS settings (Setup, Ethernet). I first set the DHCP/DNS to "On" to detect the address assigned by the router. I wrote down the address (IP Address, Subnet Mask, etc.). I then set DHCP and DNS to off and key entered the settings.
- I set the network speed to something above 56K because I was hard wired to a cable connection.
- To start the update go to Setup, General, Maintenence, Update.
- The update takes 45 minutes, be patient! At the end of the update, the A20 will power down.
- If the A20 gets stuck, power it down by pulling out the plug or pressing and holding the on/standby button for 10 seconds. Start over and try a different setting/configuration.