Fuh Yuan to make 2M HD-DVD players for Walmart; Wal-Mart denies rumor - Page 10 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #271 of 2662 Old 04-20-2007, 09:48 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
wei2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: CJ, MO
Posts: 140
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am a native Chinese speaker. I translated major points in those two links.

It is pretty clear to me that they were talking about HD-DVD. In the last paragraph, the major advantages of HD-DVD were mentioned, i.e. can take advantage of current DVD manufacturing equipments, low cost from DVD to HD-DVD, better protection from scratch and dirt, etc. I believe all these are compared with the format You Know Which.

The first batch, 2mil players could be delivered by the end of 2007 for $100 million, based on info from the first link. There could be more subsequent orders for 2008, totaling up to $300 million by the end of 2008, based on info from the second link (not Fuh Yuan's website).

All these information were released as part of campaign to promote Fuh Yuan's impending IPO for next March. It is from the Chairman of the Board of Fuh Yuan. He is the guy in the picture. He has to speak the truth to make sure his stock price flies sky high.
wei2008 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #272 of 2662 Old 04-20-2007, 09:48 AM
 
Django's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,981
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmpage2 View Post

Apparently Chinese uses the same characters for Blu-Ray and HD-DVD, the characters mean "blue light" and are THEN followed with the word HD-DVD or Blu-Ray.

This is clearly an HD-DVD deal for Wal Mart as someone here who is Taiwanese already read it and said it reads "blue light HD-DVD".

Let them ramble on in denial.

We'll see the same people start saying "they are crappy players and J6P doesn't matter"...any minute now.
Django is offline  
post #273 of 2662 Old 04-20-2007, 09:50 AM
AVS Special Member
 
SimpleTheater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 2,685
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuGsArEtAsTy View Post

Playing the devil's advocate: They could simply be wrong.

When it comes to mentioning TDK they have to be.

As a leading developer of Blu-ray Disc technology, TDK has realized many of the format's greatest innovations. From pioneering the spin coating manufacturing method, to developing DURABIS, the world's first hard coating formulation, TDK has proven its leadership time and again. With the introduction of leading quality printable surface recordable Blu-ray Discs, TDK has reached another milestone.

...

As the only media company that is a founding member of the Blu-ray Disc Association and a Blu-ray Disc Association Board of Directors member, TDK continues to play a key role in the format's advancement.

SOURCE

Why is there NO perfect equipment, only compromises?
SimpleTheater is offline  
post #274 of 2662 Old 04-20-2007, 09:50 AM
 
Django's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,981
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by wei2008 View Post

I am a native Chinese speaker. I translated major points in those two links.

It is pretty clear to me that they were talking about HD-DVD. In the last paragraph, the major advantages of HD-DVD were mentioned, i.e. can take advantage of current DVD manufacturing equipments, low cost from DVD to HD-DVD, better protection from scratch and dirt, etc. I believe all these are compared with the format You Know Which.

The first batch, 2mil players could be delivered by the end of 2007 for $100 million, based on info from the first link. There could be more subsequent orders for 2008, totaling up to $300 million by the end of 2008, based on info from the second link (not Fuh Yuan's website).

All these information were released as part of campaign to promote Fuh Yuan's impending IPO for next March. It is from the Chairman of the Board of Fuh Yuan. He is the guy in the picture. He has to speak the truth to make sure his stock price flies sky high.

These same people attack Robert (who by the way sells these things for a living) when he announces anything they don't like...get used to it.
Django is offline  
post #275 of 2662 Old 04-20-2007, 09:51 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Bailey151's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,948
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Okay, one of my office mates is from Shanghai.....she could be wrong but I'd say that's unlikely.

According to her - it says exactly what's posted "blue light HD DVD".

I also asked what's HD DVD in Chinese?...........no words, it would be HD DVD. I also asked her what Blu-Ray would be in Chinese.........no words, would be Blu-ray.

She also pointed out that if it were in Chinese then I wouldn't be able to read it, the HD DVD portion is clear to me = it's a branded name. Would/will be the same in any language.

It's just my opinion & it's worth exactly what you paid for it.
Bailey151 is offline  
post #276 of 2662 Old 04-20-2007, 09:51 AM
Advanced Member
 
SyHD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 876
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuGsArEtAsTy View Post

By the way, what is the Chinese word for Blu-ray?

In the article "lan guang" is used, which literally translated means "blue light", and I take that to mean blue laser. I do note however, that Pioneer uses "lan guang" in their press releases as well, for Blu-ray products.

It might be that the Chinese language do not have word for "ray" ...ray means a beam of light in the English language. So ray = light make sense in Chinese if my assumption is right. Anyone out there familiar with the Chinese language ...is there a word for "ray" in Chinese?

Does price really matter if you are buying a ticket on the Titanic?
SyHD is offline  
post #277 of 2662 Old 04-20-2007, 09:54 AM
AVS Special Member
 
SimpleTheater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 2,685
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by SyHD View Post

It might be that the Chinese language do not have word for "ray" ...ray means a beam of light in the English language. So ray = light make sense in Chinese if my assumption is right. Anyone out there familiar with the Chinese language ...is there a word for "ray" in Chinese?

If the whole world spoke English this wouldn't be a problem.

Why is there NO perfect equipment, only compromises?
SimpleTheater is offline  
post #278 of 2662 Old 04-20-2007, 09:54 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
jmpage2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 10,051
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Django View Post

Let them ramble on in denial.

We'll see the same people start saying "they are crappy players and J6P doesn't matter"...any minute now.

You're calling The Bland again, aren't you?
jmpage2 is online now  
post #279 of 2662 Old 04-20-2007, 09:54 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
wei2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: CJ, MO
Posts: 140
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuGsArEtAsTy View Post

By the way, what is the Chinese word for Blu-ray?

In the article "lan guang" is used, which literally translated means "blue light", and I take that to mean blue laser. I do note however, that Pioneer uses "lan guang" in their press releases as well, for Blu-ray products.

A direct translation of Blu-Ray into Chinese is like "blue line of light." However, medias over there do use "lan guang" for Blu-Ray. I had initial doubts too. Maybe they were talking about Blu-Ray, but the last paragraph from article at link 1 solely presented the advantages of HD-DVD so I am sure they mean it by blue laser HD-DVD.
wei2008 is offline  
post #280 of 2662 Old 04-20-2007, 09:55 AM
AVS Special Member
 
lovswr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: [H]otlanta
Posts: 1,523
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by NineDayFall75 View Post

I have a friend who works at Wal-Mart, he's a buyer, he told me about this a month or so ago. Atleast about Wal-Mart going with HD-DVD. I posted it somewhere on a BR thread, I wish I knew how to find the thread, to rub it in. They all said I was FOS and Wal-Mart would never go with a loser and whatnot. Looks like they're eating their words.

Nine, you've been quite the prolific poster

carry on with your HD-Lite Directv loving banter! <--Comedy Gold
Don't fall for the HDMI 1.3 Hype!
lovswr is offline  
post #281 of 2662 Old 04-20-2007, 09:55 AM
Advanced Member
 
SyHD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 876
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Tide Fuyuan Technology has a history with Sony and the article mentioned TDK. Its obvious they are producing Blu-ray players IF ANYTHING.

Quote:


Tide Fuyuan Technology (Shenzhen) Co Ltd
Tide Fuyuan was founded in 1993 as one of the largest floppy disc manufacturers in mainland China. As an appointed manufacturer of Sony Discs, we share 70% of the floppy disk sales amount in Chinese market now. We also develop and manufacture other data storage products such as CD-R, DVDR discs and USB flash drives, etc.

http://cndatace.manufacturer.globals...2/Homepage.htm

Does price really matter if you are buying a ticket on the Titanic?
SyHD is offline  
post #282 of 2662 Old 04-20-2007, 09:56 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Schils's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: NW Georgia, USA
Posts: 2,168
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by wei2008 View Post

I am a native Chinese speaker. I translated major points in those two links.

It is pretty clear to me that they were talking about HD-DVD. In the last paragraph, the major advantages of HD-DVD were mentioned, i.e. can take advantage of current DVD manufacturing equipments, low cost from DVD to HD-DVD, better protection from scratch and dirt, etc. I believe all these are compared with the format You Know Which.

The first batch, 2mil players could be delivered by the end of 2007 for $100 million, based on info from the first link. There could be more subsequent orders for 2008, totaling up to $300 million by the end of 2008, based on info from the second link (not Fuh Yuan's website).

All these information were released as part of campaign to promote Fuh Yuan's impending IPO for next March. It is from the Chairman of the Board of Fuh Yuan. He is the guy in the picture. He has to speak the truth to make sure his stock price flies sky high.

Thank you for taking the time to double check it and get back to us.

My Setup | Night

 

Latest Blu-Rays Bought: Brubaker, Big Bang Season 6, Star Trek Into Darkness, World War Z, Iron Man 3, Halloween 35th, This is The End, The Conjuring, The World's End, You're Next, Thor 2, Gravity

Schils is offline  
post #283 of 2662 Old 04-20-2007, 09:57 AM
AVS Special Member
 
BuGsArEtAsTy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: AVS Forum
Posts: 7,121
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleTheater View Post

If the whole world spoke English this wouldn't be a problem.

Well, I do know that in Chinese, the word for "DVD" is "DVD". Or at least that's what everyone uses.
BuGsArEtAsTy is offline  
post #284 of 2662 Old 04-20-2007, 09:58 AM
AVS Special Member
 
SimpleTheater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 2,685
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by wei2008 View Post

A direct translation of Blu-Ray into Chinese is like "blue line of light." However, medias over there do use "lan guang" for Blu-Ray. I had initial doubts too. Maybe they were talking about Blu-Ray, but the last paragraph from article at link 1 solely presented the advantages of HD-DVD so I am sure they mean it by blue laser HD-DVD.

If this is true, and WalMart is going to sell cheap players by XMas 2007, then I have no doubt they mean HD-DVD. However, TDK just can't be involved, and it raises the possibility that this is an Internet rumor that has no merit.

Why is there NO perfect equipment, only compromises?
SimpleTheater is offline  
post #285 of 2662 Old 04-20-2007, 10:05 AM
AVS Special Member
 
eizenga13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: CO
Posts: 1,527
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
engadget is reporting it so it must be true... good news for HD DVD, VERY VERY bad news for blu-ray, if wal-mart is siding with HD DVD that is it, pack it in, war over.

eizenga13 is offline  
post #286 of 2662 Old 04-20-2007, 10:07 AM
AVS Special Member
 
SimpleTheater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 2,685
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by SyHD View Post

Tide Fuyuan Technology has a history with Sony and the article mentioned TDK. Its obvious they are producing Blu-ray players IF ANYTHING.

I'm starting to agree with you.

Tide Fuyuan¡¯s focus on maintaining highest production standards enabled it to enter into a long term relationship with SONY Corp. From the beginning of the relationship in 1993, through to the first milestone in 1997 (market share in excess of 35%), onto the dominant market position by 2000 (more than 50% market share), Tide has utilized its strategies and expertise to capture the world¡¯s largest market. Tide Fuyuan¡¯s integrated market strategy has achieved success for SONY within the Chinese market. Tide Fuyuan has effectively deployed its manufacturing capabilities and sales and distribution networks to bring to SONY the largest market share in China.
Tide Fuyuan Technology

Why is there NO perfect equipment, only compromises?
SimpleTheater is offline  
post #287 of 2662 Old 04-20-2007, 10:07 AM
Advanced Member
 
roma_victor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 655
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by wei2008 View Post

A direct translation of Blu-Ray into Chinese is like "blue line of light." However, medias over there do use "lan guang" for Blu-Ray. I had initial doubts too. Maybe they were talking about Blu-Ray, but the last paragraph from article at link 1 solely presented the advantages of HD-DVD so I am sure they mean it by blue laser HD-DVD.

First, a disclosure: Chinese is my first language, though having moved to the US as a child I am not completely fluent in written Chinese.

I agree with wei2008: if the article/press release had only used the words "lan guang" it could EITHER mean blue laser generically or Blu Ray specifically.

However, the fact that the term used is "lan guang HD DVD" makes it more likely that they are using "lan guang" in the generic sense - blue laser, which is made specific by its reference to HD DVD

But, it is also possible that they are using the term HD DVD generically (as in, high definition dvd) as opposed to referring to the specific HD DVD format. This use may be incorrect, but we've all seen how this mistake has been made before.

The paragraphs referring to the advantages of HD DVD certainly indicate that they are specifically referring to HD DVD; OTOH as someone legitimately pointed out the reference to TDK certainly seems odd as AFAIK TDK has never shown support for HD DVD.

bottom line - it's not entirely clear what "lan guang HD DVD" refers to, and it is not absurd to believe that it could refer to HD DVD or blu ray, but on the whole IMO it is more likely that the term refers to HD DVD and not blu ray.
roma_victor is offline  
post #288 of 2662 Old 04-20-2007, 10:08 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
Kosty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: North East USA
Posts: 14,683
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
First format to $199 players wins*

* 70% of the market


Then what about $99 players ? OMG

.
"A lot of good arguments are spoiled by some fool who knows what he is talking about." - Miguel de Unamuno


follow me on Twitter
Kosty is offline  
post #289 of 2662 Old 04-20-2007, 10:09 AM
AVS Special Member
 
SimpleTheater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 2,685
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 21
And from the same article:
In addition to internal training, top business managers are sent overseas for specialized training in technology and international marketing from SONY in Japan and the United States.
Tide Fuyuan Technology

Why is there NO perfect equipment, only compromises?
SimpleTheater is offline  
post #290 of 2662 Old 04-20-2007, 10:11 AM
AVS Special Member
 
BuGsArEtAsTy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: AVS Forum
Posts: 7,121
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by roma_victor View Post

First, a disclosure: Chinese is my first language, though having moved to the US as a child I am not completely fluent in written Chinese.

I agree with wei2008: if the article/press release had only used the words "lan guang" it could EITHER mean blue laser generically or Blu Ray specifically.

However, the fact that the term used is "lan guang HD DVD" makes it more likely that they are using "lan guang" in the generic sense - blue laser, which is made specific by its reference to HD DVD

But, it is also possible that they are using the term HD DVD generically (as in, high definition dvd) as opposed to referring to the specific HD DVD format. This use may be incorrect, but we've all seen how this mistake has been made before.

The paragraphs referring to the advantages of HD DVD certainly indicate that they are specifically referring to HD DVD; OTOH as someone legitimately pointed out the reference to TDK certainly seems odd as AFAIK TDK has never shown support for HD DVD.

bottom line - it's not entirely clear what "lan guang HD DVD" refers to, and it is not absurd to believe that it could refer to HD DVD or blu ray, but on the whole IMO it is more likely that the term refers to HD DVD and not blu ray.

That sounds like the fairest assessment so far.
BuGsArEtAsTy is offline  
post #291 of 2662 Old 04-20-2007, 10:12 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
Kosty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: North East USA
Posts: 14,683
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:


However, TDK just can't be involved,

Why not? They like profits, and joint ventures have strange bedfellows...

.
"A lot of good arguments are spoiled by some fool who knows what he is talking about." - Miguel de Unamuno


follow me on Twitter
Kosty is offline  
post #292 of 2662 Old 04-20-2007, 10:13 AM
AVS Special Member
 
efjay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Germantown, MD
Posts: 1,553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SyHD View Post

Tide Fuyuan Technology has a history with Sony and the article mentioned TDK. Its obvious they are producing Blu-ray players IF ANYTHING.



http://cndatace.manufacturer.globals...2/Homepage.htm

The company being referred to is Fuh Yuan not Tide Fuyuan, linked in the first post. Looks like two different companies.

http://www.fuhyuan.com/
efjay is offline  
post #293 of 2662 Old 04-20-2007, 10:13 AM
AVS Special Member
 
nataraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: WA
Posts: 8,020
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SyHD View Post

Tide Fuyuan Technology has a history with Sony and the article mentioned TDK. Its obvious they are producing Blu-ray players IF ANYTHING.

BTW, TDK brand name was sold to Imation this week - I'm surprised people haven't seen this news. Lots of changes at TDK ....
nataraj is offline  
post #294 of 2662 Old 04-20-2007, 10:17 AM
AVS Special Member
 
wnorris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 2,578
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleTheater View Post

TDK holds the patent on the special coating for Blu-Ray discs. TDK has manufacturing facilities to make Blu-Ray discs. HD-DVD discs are cheaper to make and can use existing DVD facilities.

Does anyone honestly think TDK would help HD-DVD so they can watch their millions in investments and royalties disappear?

If this news article truly pertains to HD-DVD and not Blu-Ray, TDK was incorrectly mentioned.

Except you leave out the fact that TDK developed the 17 Gb single/ 34 GB dual/ and 51 GB triple layer disc for Toshiba. Before that Memery Tech had developed the 15/30/45 discs.

Oops...
wnorris is offline  
post #295 of 2662 Old 04-20-2007, 10:19 AM
AVS Special Member
 
BuGsArEtAsTy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: AVS Forum
Posts: 7,121
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by nataraj View Post

BTW, TDK brand name was sold to Imation this week - I'm surprised people haven't seen this news. Lots of changes at TDK ....

The news came out today on Reuters.


Quote:
Originally Posted by wnorris View Post

Except you leave out the fact that TDK developed the 17 Gb single/ 34 GB dual/ and 51 GB triple layer disc for Toshiba. Before that Memery Tech had developed the 15/30/45 discs.

Link?
BuGsArEtAsTy is offline  
post #296 of 2662 Old 04-20-2007, 10:20 AM
Member
 
luvxf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 46
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by wei2008 View Post


Link: http://www.ettoday.com/2007/04/16/320-2082635.htm

My first language is Chinese, and I think some information is misunderstood. If you take a look at the text under the photo, it clearly says that Wal-Mart placed order of 2 million units which are totally worth of 300 million US dollars.

What I understand is the 2 million order will not be fulfilled by the end of 2007, and the finished units by that time will make Fuh Yuan 100 million dollars.

------------
sorry I put a wrong link, here is the right one with the photo fro OP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wei2008 View Post


Edit: Possible price: $299, see link here (again, Chinese): http://www.udn.com/2007/4/16/NEWS/S...5/3804769.shtml

luvxf is offline  
post #297 of 2662 Old 04-20-2007, 10:22 AM
AVS Special Member
 
BuGsArEtAsTy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: AVS Forum
Posts: 7,121
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvxf View Post

My first language is Chinese, and I think some information is misunderstood. If you take a look at the text under the photo, it clearly says that Wal-Mart placed order of 2 million units which are totally worth of 300 million US dollars.

What I understand is the 2 million order will not be fulfilled by the end of 2007, and the finished units by that time will make Fuh Yuan 100 million dollars.

Where do you sit on the entire "lan guang HD DVD" issue?

But yeah, $150 per player does make more sense to me.
BuGsArEtAsTy is offline  
post #298 of 2662 Old 04-20-2007, 10:22 AM
AVS Special Member
 
wnorris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 2,578
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleTheater View Post

If this is true, and WalMart is going to sell cheap players by XMas 2007, then I have no doubt they mean HD-DVD. However, TDK just can't be involved, and it raises the possibility that this is an Internet rumor that has no merit.


It's posted on the companies website for cripes sake...
wnorris is offline  
post #299 of 2662 Old 04-20-2007, 10:25 AM
AVS Special Member
 
wnorris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 2,578
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuGsArEtAsTy View Post

The news came out today on Reuters.



Link?


Somehow I know someone would ask that:

http://www.heise.de/english/newsticker/news/83411

is the first place I found it. It was in multiple CES press releases.
wnorris is offline  
post #300 of 2662 Old 04-20-2007, 10:25 AM
Member
 
frozenpenguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 47
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by efjay View Post

The company being referred to is Fuh Yuan not Tide Fuyuan, linked in the first post. Looks like two different companies.

http://www.fuhyuan.com/


FYI, when I clicked on that Fuh Yaun link and went to the english section, my anti-virus program (I use NOD32) just went nuts. Trojans a-plenty. Be careful...
frozenpenguin is offline  
Closed Thread HD DVD Players

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off