Xbox 360 HD-DVD add-on update thread - Page 17 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #481 of 484 Old 09-08-2007, 06:14 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
After installing the May update, as I have said here previously...the dialogue was noticeably lower and almost completely overshadowed by sound effects. Even turning DRC back on didn't help. I have a 46" Bravia and no surround speakers, just the tv's speakers.

So today, I returned my XBOX HD-DVD player for another one. Strangely, it didn't prompt me for an update when I connected it up...it says it has the 4248 software, which is the old one. I don't have the advanced options menu, so I guess I'm back to the old firmware, which is what I wanted.

I am a little confused as to whether the past updates were previously installed onto my XBOX or my old HD-DVD player, because the new HD-DVD player did not require the installation disc that came with it. So, if that is the case, wouldn't all the past updates have been installed onto the XBOX itself? But since the May update was obviously not retained...I don't know what to think anymore.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #482 of 484 Old 10-19-2007, 03:51 PM

does the hd dvd player output 24fps? if not does microsoft plan to enable this?
post #483 of 484 Old 10-24-2007, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD Freaky View Post

After installing the May update, as I have said here previously...the dialogue was noticeably lower and almost completely overshadowed by sound effects. Even turning DRC back on didn't help. I have a 46" Bravia and no surround speakers, just the tv's speakers.

So today, I returned my XBOX HD-DVD player for another one. Strangely, it didn't prompt me for an update when I connected it up...it says it has the 4248 software, which is the old one. I don't have the advanced options menu, so I guess I'm back to the old firmware, which is what I wanted.

I am a little confused as to whether the past updates were previously installed onto my XBOX or my old HD-DVD player, because the new HD-DVD player did not require the installation disc that came with it. So, if that is the case, wouldn't all the past updates have been installed onto the XBOX itself? But since the May update was obviously not retained...I don't know what to think anymore.

The updates are stored in the drive itself, otherwise folks without hard drives couldn't get any updates.

HD DVD Veteran
post #484 of 484 Old 10-26-2007, 05:54 AM

To assist in toubleshooting Xbox 360 HD DVD issues I created a couple of blog posts that cover the most common problems. Hope they prove useful to folks.

HD DVD Veteran
Reply HD DVD Players

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page