So If I am reading correctly,
1) toshiba and the Reseller Split the cost of the $100 rebate
2) Dealers currently selling at $300 or below, are at cost or very close to it.
3) If they are selling at cost($280) and they have to pay half of this $100 off promo, then they can only cut the price by $50.
4) So the minimum price this could be would be $230
5) but according to Mike747, dealers must sell at MAP($399) to be eligible for this promo?
Well, thats pretty lame. It will help B&M sales... but online dealers have already been selling at $300. So no real discount for the end user, who buys online.
Ah well. I was considering dual format, at $220 with 5 free movies.