XA2 with Onkyo SR505, worth it ? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 05-29-2007, 11:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have an XA2. I am currently using an Onkyo HT-S580 receiver with Velodyne FR series speakers. The 580 has only co-ax and optical inputs, no analog pre-inputs. If I upgrade to a Onkyo SR 505, and use the analog inputs, will it make a big difference, Can I get True HD with the analog inputs, or do I need a receiver with built-in True HD decoder? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-29-2007, 11:56 AM

psraj, You will love Onkyo's new SR 505 receiver, it's a great match to your XA2. You will need to connect the XA2 via its 5.1 analog outputs to the Onkyo 5.1 analog inputs to take advantage of the TruHD lossless audio.

I just got in our first allocation and took a 505 home for our MBR surround system and this receiver has a very nice full audio range and very crisp clean audio. Tomorrow we're setting one up in our main showroom. Unbelievable receiver for under $300.

-Robert
post #3 of 4 Old 05-29-2007, 12:53 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTV TiVo Dealer View Post

psraj, You will love Onkyo's new SR 505 receiver, it's a great match to your XA2. You will need to connect the XA2 via its 5.1 analog outputs to the Onkyo 5.1 analog inputs to take advantage of the TruHD lossless audio.

I just got in our first allocation and took a 505 home for our MBR surround system and this receiver has a very nice full audio range and very crisp clean audio. Tomorrow we're setting one up in our main showroom. Unbelievable receiver for under $300.

-Robert

Robert, Thanks for the response. This is good to know. What is the length limitation for analog RCA cables? I currently run a 25' coax and optical cables between my receiver and the XA2.
post #4 of 4 Old 05-29-2007, 01:28 PM

Not sure of the exact length and of course, it would depend on the quality of your RCA audio cables. However, I am sure you can easily run 6 25' coax cables, RG6 or RG59, with solid copper core and put RCA connectors on the ends.

-Robert
Reply HD DVD Players

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page