Purchased internal Hd DVD for my HP laptop..question.. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 07-05-2007, 02:43 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
rbarbier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Perris, CA.
Posts: 215
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just purchased the internal HD DVD drive (HP part number 434673-001) for my HP laptop DVT9000 series (HDMI output). I keep reading about Quick Play 3.2. Will this work for the HD DVD also if I didn't have a HD DVD drive when I bought the computer or will I have to install Powerdvd or Win DVD to watch movies?

Thanks.

www.thegamefan.com

Proud owner of 3 HD DVD players and 170+ HD DVD movies.
rbarbier is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 5 Old 07-08-2007, 08:11 AM
Newbie
 
knorris908's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
They sent me th sp35813.exe to upgrade my quickplay. give them a try, and good luck. I can't wait til my drive arrives.
knorris908 is offline  
post #3 of 5 Old 07-09-2007, 06:12 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
rbarbier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Perris, CA.
Posts: 215
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by knorris908 View Post

They sent me th sp35813.exe to upgrade my quickplay. give them a try, and good luck. I can't wait til my drive arrives.

I made sure I upgraded to quickplay 3.2. Just waiting for the slow shipping with HP (even though I paid for express). Do you think with Quickplay we will have internet interactivity like with Blood Diamond?

www.thegamefan.com

Proud owner of 3 HD DVD players and 170+ HD DVD movies.
rbarbier is offline  
post #4 of 5 Old 07-09-2007, 08:37 PM
Member
 
Kiminozo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 57
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbarbier View Post

I just purchased the internal HD DVD drive (HP part number 434673-001) for my HP laptop DVT9000 series (HDMI output). I keep reading about Quick Play 3.2. Will this work for the HD DVD also if I didn't have a HD DVD drive when I bought the computer or will I have to install Powerdvd or Win DVD to watch movies?

Thanks.

Does the drive has HDMI or anything to hook up to the HDTV?
Kiminozo is offline  
post #5 of 5 Old 07-09-2007, 11:04 PM
AVS Special Member
 
steven975's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3,574
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiminozo View Post

Does the drive has HDMI or anything to hook up to the HDTV?

the drive would just use the ATA interface that all laptop optical drives use.

The picture is encoded to HDMI by the laptop's video controller. It's still digital-digital so quality should not be impacted.
steven975 is offline  
Reply HD DVD Players

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off