Help... I don't know where else to ask... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 08-02-2007, 10:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
hey guys, i was wondering if you can help clear up some questions i had... plz bare with me i am a newbie with HD and all. I have the new HD DVD PLanet Earth Series 720p on my computer ( downloaded from net). I can see the difference and clear picture on my pc monitor. The original file format is in MKV. My intention was to burn on a regular dvd and watch in a regular dvd player. lol ... It didnt look so "HD" and clipped at most parts as compared to my pc monitor. Is there any use in what i am trying to do?? Can it be done?? if so, how. FYI, i would be burning 2 episodes on one dvd since each episode is 2.18 gb. Thanks guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-02-2007, 11:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownit View Post

hey guys, i was wondering if you can help clear up some questions i had... plz bare with me i am a newbie with HD and all. I have the new HD DVD PLanet Earth Series 720p on my computer ( downloaded from net). I can see the difference and clear picture on my pc monitor. The original file format is in MKV. My intention was to burn on a regular dvd and watch in a regular dvd player. lol ... It didnt look so "HD" and clipped at most parts as compared to my pc monitor. Is there any use in what i am trying to do?? Can it be done?? if so, how. FYI, i would be burning 2 episodes on one dvd since each episode is 2.18 gb. Thanks guys

Wrong place for this question please refer to HTPC section

Rob
post #3 of 4 Old 08-02-2007, 11:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownit View Post

Actually why not try buying the discs and a player, problem solved.
post #4 of 4 Old 08-02-2007, 12:26 PM

Only PCs will play mkv files, or modded game consoles. The only way to watch it in hd on your tv is too hook up your pc to your tv.
Reply HD DVD Players

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page