MS announce Xbox 360 price and availability of HDMI Halo edition at $400 - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 48 Old 08-07-2007, 10:37 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatse View Post

Wii is selling really well, but I'd like to know the game attachments with it. Selling to old folks homes and non gamers. Their playing what?? wii sports?? I'm not a hardcore gamer but even i got tired of the wii pretty quick. Non gamers might buy the systems but its the gamers that constatnly buy new games. Wii's nothing but a novolty item thats gonna wear out soon. However Playstation has proven they have staying power, both PS1 and PS2 being supported for 10+ years. I expect the same for ps3, however I don't trust microsoft yet. Dropping XBOX 1 in 3years, doesn't have much staying power.

You are making no sense to me. The PS2 was a success, but it didn't have an expensive BD player in it, and it certainly wasn't $600!!! And the PS2 didn't bleed massive financial loses like the PS3 is doing to Sony.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 48 Old 08-07-2007, 10:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thDanMaster View Post

You are making no sense to me. The PS2 was a success, but it didn't have an expensive BD player in it, and it certainly wasn't $600!!! And the PS2 didn't bleed massive financial loses like the PS3 is doing to Sony.

nevermind. trying to make sense to a fanboy is a complete loss cause.

"Fanboy is a term used to describe an individual who is utterly devoted to a single fannish subject, or to a single point of view within that subject, often to the point where it is considered an obsession. Fanboys remain loyal to their particular obsession, disregarding any factors that differ from their point of view."
post #33 of 48 Old 08-07-2007, 10:44 AM

Quote:

nevermind. trying to make sense to a fanboy is a complete loss cause.

"Fanboy is a term used to describe an individual who is utterly devoted to a single fannish subject, or to a single point of view within that subject, often to the point where it is considered an obsession. Fanboys remain loyal to their particular obsession, disregarding any factors that differ from their point of view."

You know what I like about you, your ability to see yourself and your flaws in others; PS3 boy.
post #34 of 48 Old 08-07-2007, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxboi View Post

can someone please confirm that the Halo edition is equipped with HDMI ?

Yes. Here's the link:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/x...le/default.htm

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #35 of 48 Old 08-07-2007, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by signal2noise View Post

Yes. Here's the link:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/x...le/default.htm

Awesome.
post #36 of 48 Old 08-07-2007, 11:06 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Quote:

Wii is selling really well, but I'd like to know the game attachments with it. Selling to old folks homes and non gamers. Their playing what?? wii sports?? I'm not a hardcore gamer but even i got tired of the wii pretty quick. Non gamers might buy the systems but its the gamers that constatnly buy new games. Wii's nothing but a novolty item thats gonna wear out soon. However Playstation has proven they have staying power, both PS1 and PS2 being supported for 10+ years. I expect the same for ps3, however I don't trust microsoft yet. Dropping XBOX 1 in 3years, doesn't have much staying power.

Oh man, you are hysterical. All of my friends have the Wii and every time I go out I see a bunch of games sold out for it locally.

And my 27 year old Dentist wife, who is completely addicted to Super Paper Mario would certainly argue with you about it only being for senior citizens.

I think you are more annoyed than anything that people want a Wii and not a "next gen" gaming system like PS3 or Xbox.
post #37 of 48 Old 08-07-2007, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmpage2 View Post

Oh man, you are hysterical. All of my friends have the Wii and every time I go out I see a bunch of games sold out for it locally.

And my 27 year old Dentist wife, who is completely addicted to Super Paper Mario would certainly argue with you about it only being for senior citizens.

I think you are more annoyed than anything that people want a Wii and not a "next gen" gaming system like PS3 or Xbox.

post #38 of 48 Old 08-07-2007, 11:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Any chance this thread can be moved to the gaming forum?

Arrive
Raise Hell
Leave
post #39 of 48 Old 08-07-2007, 12:00 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 17
when will costco offer this
post #40 of 48 Old 08-07-2007, 07:07 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeInNVa View Post

Any chance this thread can be moved to the gaming forum?

you can open on in the gaming forum
post #41 of 48 Old 08-07-2007, 07:10 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggumsmax View Post

Does anyone know if the HALO edition 360 will use the 65nm processor instead of the 90nm processor?

there are reports suggesting all the new consoles will be using 65nm falcon chip
post #42 of 48 Old 08-07-2007, 08:35 PM

Quote:

anyone else think this price drop is retarded?? I guess MS lost so much on the repairs to do a proper price drop. It should have been 100dollars.

Retarded? No. Smart? Yes. I think that you are too young to understand business. You kids want the world and don't want to pay for it. Why on earth would they need to lose money on each console like Sony? Speaking of losing money, Sony taking a $200 hit does them much more harm than MS fixing consoles. Why? Because MS is only really losing money on repairing (at most) 1/3 of the consoles. You can't possibly think that MS is losing more money on fixing those 360s than Sony taking a $200 hit on each PS3, can you? Everybody makes such a big deal about MS taking out $1B to fix consoles. Here's a little secret: They will never spend all of that on fixing consoles! There, I said it. Expect to see that money eventually going into quarterly profits.

Yes, this business is about marketshare, but ultimately its also about making money. That is what you refuse to understand about Wii. They are making bank because they don't lose money on them and people are buying them up. You can hate on them all you want, but don't start calling people "fanboys", when you hate on hardware too. BTW the "fanboy" name calling just makes you sound more like a kid.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
post #43 of 48 Old 08-07-2007, 08:43 PM

I forgot to mention that it wouldn't surprise me if MS dropped the price of the 360 again, right before the holidays. The 65nm "falcons" will cost less to produce, so they still won't lose money on dropping the price again. If they don't do it then, I suspect they will right after the holidays, to spark sales.

/
post #44 of 48 Old 08-08-2007, 12:22 PM

It's all speculation, but this is a good read:
http://www.n4g.com/News-55856.aspx
post #45 of 48 Old 08-08-2007, 12:57 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dklayn View Post

makes sense.. make some cash with the initial halo3 blow out and then stick it to them for holiday sales.
post #46 of 48 Old 08-08-2007, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dklayn View Post

Haha! That speculation is just like my "speculation" that I just posted. In fact, its just common sense. This strategy also gives the competition a false sense of comfort.

Goatse actually has a point in there somewhere, but its not really game on until the holidays, IMO. In fact, if they don't do this by Nov, I think MS will have missed a valuable opportunity to assure that they cement their lead ahead of Sony and give Nintendo some serious competition. Granted, they won't be doomed if they don't, but it probably will become a future "what if".

/
post #47 of 48 Old 08-09-2007, 04:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxboi View Post

you can open on in the gaming forum

Why would I? This is the HD-DVD forum. Not the Gaming forum. You are talking about a gaming machine not the HD-DVD player. Maybe you should start one there, you might get more notice.

Arrive
Raise Hell
Leave
post #48 of 48 Old 08-09-2007, 06:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
The price drops are showing up at stores now. Amazon and Buy.com has the new prices. Amazon also appears to have a sale on many of the accessories as well.
Reply HD DVD Players

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page