I'm a little surprised given that the A30 has been around for a week or so now that I'm still to read more than a handful of reviews. Most posts in the relevant threads seem to concern:
- Whether x TV can accept 1080p/24 signal?
- Why x TV has y picture defect?
- Is HD media better than cable/satellite HD?
- Is '300' the same as the retail version?
It would be great and far more useful to actually hear the following from owners:
- Actual timings for booting up / disc loading etc (faster than G2?)
- Observations regarding the players general responsiveness
- From those with compatible displays, how do you rate HD-DVD at 1080p/24 compared to 1080(i/p)/60?
- How is the deinterlacing if outputting 1080p/60 - have the issues evident with the A20 been resolved?
- General observations when comparing it against G2 units.
- Any other issues to report?
I've just re-read my post and it actually sounds a bit snotty, apologies, this wasn't my intention!! It's just that I sold my A2 a few months back specifically to buy a new player that outputs 1080p/24. I'm interested to know whether there may be any issues with 1080p/24 output on the A30, and whether it is an improvement on the A20 in any regard?
Also, I'm aware of the extra benefits that you gain by choosing an XA2, but purely in terms of HD-DVD playback at 1080p/24, will there be any difference in PQ between the A30 & XA2? (once the issue with 1080p/24 being output at exactly 24 rather than 23.98 on the XA2 has been resolved).
Cheers, and best of luck to all you lucky owners!!