Toshiba Announces Industry’s Most Complete Portfolio of High-Definition Laptops - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 12 Old 09-25-2007, 06:11 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Toshiba Announces Industry's Most Complete Portfolio of High-Definition Laptops

Toshiba Offers Five Free HD DVD's with Purchase of Toshiba HD DVD-ROM Notebook Computer

Quote:

IRVINE, Calif. (BusinessWire EON) September 25, 2007 -- Toshiba's Digital Product Division (DPD), a division of Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., today announced that it has further expanded its lineup of HD DVD-ROM capable notebook computers to give users the industry's fullest portfolio of high-definition mobile computing solutions mixing price points and screen sizes. These five HD DVD-based notebooks will be showcased this week during the DigitalLife tradeshow in New York at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in Booth (#621) this week.

The five Toshiba HD DVD enabled notebook computers, include the Qosmio® G45, Qosmio F45, Satellite® X205, Satellite P205 and Satellite A205 with select configurations starting as low as $1,1491. These HD DVD enabled notebooks feature high-definition widescreen displays with resolutions of either 720p or 1080p and sizes ranging from 15.4-inches to 17-inches.

Along with the attractive price points of the HD DVD notebook and a growing number of approximately 330 HD DVD movie titles, such as 300, Disturbia, Heroes, The Matrix Trilogy, Letters from Iwo Jima, Smokin' Aces and Dream Girls, Toshiba is offering a limited time giveaway incentive. With the purchase of a HD DVD enabled Toshiba notebook, consumers qualify to receive five HD DVD titles for free, from a selection of 15 popular titles, via a mail-in offer. Eligible models and complete offer details are available at www.toshibadirect.com/hddvdpc, and will extend until February 28, 2008.....

http://www.toshibadirect.com/td/b2c/...er-_-hd_dvd_pc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 09-25-2007, 06:21 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Toshiba Adds NVIDIA SLI Technology to Elite Line of High-Definition, Gaming Laptops
post #3 of 12 Old 09-25-2007, 06:33 AM

Liked: 44
And so it begins . . .
post #4 of 12 Old 09-25-2007, 07:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Toshiba's answer to the PS3.

Looks like a strong commitment in laptops, but to credibly offset the PS3 effect they'll need a stronger push from the 360 as well as China IMO.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Insider thread
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
? R.I.P.
Nothing will ever be attempted if all possible objections must first be overcome.
Samuel Johnson 1709-1784, British Author
post #5 of 12 Old 09-25-2007, 07:11 AM

The Toshiba qosmio was my first laptop with a hd-dvd drive on and the thing cost me $5000 in your money as it was purchased in the UK. seems like years ago now i had that. was a very good laptop though. but me alienware is bad ass compared to that now. awesome speakers on the qosmio though
post #6 of 12 Old 09-25-2007, 08:07 AM

Wow, those are very tempting. I've never spent more than about $1600 for a computer before, though. However, that computer was a Toshiba and it was one of my favorite desktop computers I've ever owned. Maybe the price will drop a little by March when tax returns come in!
post #7 of 12 Old 09-25-2007, 08:18 AM
AVS Special Member

These will be hot sellers. Kudos to Toshiba!

Please feel free to visit
or follow my NEWS feed on
post #8 of 12 Old 09-25-2007, 09:24 PM

Sure would be nice if they better supported the people who bought their earlier HD-DVD laptops. It's been a year and I'm -still- trying to get HD-DVD playback to work on my G35-AV650 Qosmio. Buyer beware is all I can advise at this point.
post #9 of 12 Old 09-29-2007, 12:26 PM

Is there a thread in this forum regarding Toshiba HD-DVD equiped laptops? Just got one and I'm already having issues with it not acknowledging "300" as an HD DVD....
post #10 of 12 Old 09-29-2007, 12:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidplatinum View Post

Is there a thread in this forum regarding Toshiba HD-DVD equiped laptops? Just got one and I'm already having issues with it not acknowledging "300" as an HD DVD....

You have to boil the laptop to get it to work.
post #11 of 12 Old 09-29-2007, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviegeek View Post

You know, I wouldn't be surprised...
post #12 of 12 Old 09-29-2007, 09:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviegeek View Post

At least you don't have a buy another one in a few months to just to watch cool Picture-in-Picture extras, and then another one next year to experience cool web-enabled content.

Please feel free to visit
or follow my NEWS feed on
Reply HD DVD Players

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page