Wow... how many toshiba deal threads are needed? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 11-05-2007, 09:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
i mean, one or two, maybe three with the amout of deals, but there are like 4 pages with mostly price and deal discussion. there are PLENTY of deal sites out there, i am a member of a few, i come HERE to discuss the equipment not the PRICE.

like i said a few is cool, but this is nuts. BTW i have both a PS3 and an HD-A30. i have not bought ANY HD-DVD movies, but i have 9 movies, planet earth, matrix ultimate, and heros S1.

i do think they are creating a monster. once you devalue your product, people no longer want to pay the premium. no one will want to pay anywhere close to retail (i got my A30 for $319 and got 5 movies instant and 5 by mail). they basically whored out the players to get people to buy movies. but i haven't had to buy any movies and i won't pay more that $20 for one now that i have seen them sold for less.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2007, 09:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 34
So... did you just come here to bitch about the HD-DVD format, its players, and this forum, or do you have anything of value to say?

"But I want to do community service; I want to teach the handicapped how to yodel." - Hudson Hawk
Old 11-05-2007, 09:14 PM
Advanced Member

We need this thread, and at least 3 others like it before I will be satisfied.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:16 PM
Advanced Member

Well I think you created one that was not needed.

Many people are excited about getting into HD-DVD and they just want to share the great deal they got.

I don't really think it's a big deal. Plus many people don't like to read over many page threads if you have not been keeping up with them. So starting a new one is not always a bad idea besides this one!
Old 11-05-2007, 09:19 PM

Owned!!!
Old 11-05-2007, 09:56 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRTpusher View Post

i mean, one or two, maybe three with the amout of deals, but there are like 4 pages with mostly price and deal discussion. there are PLENTY of deal sites out there, i am a member of a few, i come HERE to discuss the equipment not the PRICE.

like i said a few is cool, but this is nuts. BTW i have both a PS3 and an HD-A30. i have not bought ANY HD-DVD movies, but i have 9 movies, planet earth, matrix ultimate, and heros S1.

i do think they are creating a monster. once you devalue your product, people no longer want to pay the premium. no one will want to pay anywhere close to retail (i got my A30 for $319 and got 5 movies instant and 5 by mail). they basically whored out the players to get people to buy movies. but i haven't had to buy any movies and i won't pay more that $20 for one now that i have seen them sold for less.

I agree...but have you seen all of the Warner Brothers threads.

Life is what you make it.......
Old 11-05-2007, 09:57 PM
Advanced Member

P3ned!!!
Old 11-05-2007, 09:59 PM
AVS Special Member

There are a lot of deals, hence a lot of deal threads. I prefer that to the alternative.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:12 PM

Has anybody noticed the dearth of deal threads on the Blu-Ray side. Enough said!!
Old 11-06-2007, 02:23 AM

Hi all

I live in Europe where we can't find the same deals. And reading all this threads with only prices and offers is a little boring.
I've ordered an HD-EP35 (=HD-A35), I'm pro hd dvd but avsforum became frustrating as there's no more helpfull informations.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudetta View Post

I've ordered an HD-EP35 (=HD-A35), I'm pro hd dvd but avsforum became frustrating as there's no more helpfull informations.

Well, aren't you glad to see all the new HD DVD owners? This should be great news for you. If you can exercise a little patience, you will see AVS will only be better for it. Once the deals die down after Christmas, you will see a much more active AVS because of all the new owners, much more lively debates, and more expert opinions. Just bear with it and you will be rewarded in the long run.

From the NEW $699 Sony BDP-S500 and $1299 BDP-S2000ES manuals...

"This player supports BD-ROM Profile 1 only. Playback of later versions of BDs is not guaranteed."
Old 11-06-2007, 02:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pakron1122 View Post

Well, aren't you glad to see all the new HD DVD owners? This should be great news for you.

Of course I'm glad and it's great news. But as I haven't got my player yet I spend too much time on this forum.

And I wish we could have the same deals in France...