My A2 will not connect to the internet. Please help! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 12-08-2007, 12:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Yesterday I got an A2 and tried the firmware update. It wouldn't work over the LAN connection so I burnt it to a CD and updated it fine. Then last night I put in transformers and surprisingly it loaded up fine and the web enabled features worked like a charm. I didn't have time to check them out so I left it alone.

Now today I put in transformers and get a stupid error saying my player is not connected to the internet. I go to the setup menu and see that DHCP is still on, as well as DNS. IP address looks fine, everything. Try again and still nothing. I check my modem's settings on my computer, turn off DHCP and plug them all in manualy, it gets passed the loading screen at the start this time but when I choose the web enabled features from the menu, ERROR, not connected. Go back to the set up, try changing the IP address a bit, nothing. I notice that the Gateway is 0.0.0.0 I try putting that manually in and leaving all the other settings the same way they are when DHCP is on, still nothing. I've tried everything. Even switched out ethernet cables.

But I still get the same damn error. You are not connected to the internet, please follow the stupid instructions in the manual for setting up your player. I did, it IS connected to my damn internet, and it worked yesterday. WTF is wrong. Then of course toshiba customer suport is closed on the weekends, big help they are. I get so pissed when electronics don't do what they're intended to do when everything is set up exactly the way it should be.

Can someone please help me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-08-2007, 12:42 PM
Advanced Member

Which version of A2 software did you update to?
Are you able to direct connect your player to the modem or are you going through a router?
Can you ping your player inside your network?
post #3 of 4 Old 12-08-2007, 12:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Two things to try. First unplug the player then power it back on and see if that fixes it. Second go into setup under maintenance and delete the stored persistent memory .
post #4 of 4 Old 12-08-2007, 12:49 PM
SRR
AVS Special Member

Transformers web stuff is messed up right now, other people in the HD DVD software forum are reporting issues right now, so am I. Give it a couple of days, it will be fixed soon enough, and if you have any other Web Enabled DVDs try them out, they should work.
Reply HD DVD Players

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page