Article: 3 Good Reasons To Stick With HD DVD - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 64 Old 02-01-2008, 04:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Has anyone heard from Robert lately, I have not seen any post from him in a while now. I just hope he has been too busy shipping all those HD DVD players and that he just has not had the time to visit!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 64 Old 02-01-2008, 04:56 PM

I can sight many more reasons to stick with HD DVD beyond what's stated in the article. Look, I won't let marketing sales figures dictate what I buy in HDM. The main reasons I buy are quality, features, value, and more importantly, the enjoyment (and the need to feed an HDM addiction). I own both format, over 100+ HD DVDs and 40+ BDs, and have no plans to sell any away, because I enjoy HDM. After the Warner announced plan to go exclusive to BD, I was surprised like some of you, and then I realized that there was no reason to stop buying HD DVD, because the quality/features/value/enjoyment thing did not change for me ... well, not all true, thanks to Warner's announcement, the value of HD DVD player actually got better in terms of features for the price. I responded to the Warner accouncement by buying another HD DVD player (an HD-A35 to feed HDMI bitstream to my Onk805, ah...enjoyment improved).

Back to the OP, a good but brief article, and there are plenty more reasons to stay with HD DVD let's say IME, User Control, PIP, online/offline firmware update support possible for ALL current and ALL out-of-production HD DVD players, and for most of you HDM addicts like me, I'm not telling you anything new here. I'll continue to buy both formats of HDM, because it's not about team colors, for me it's about quality, features, value, and enjoyment.
post #63 of 64 Old 02-01-2008, 06:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebland View Post

I can't imagine anyone who already owns a HD DVD player not sticking with it.. I still have my D-Theater HD tapes and recently watched Ice Age in Hi Def (not available on eiher format).

That'll change in a month. Ice Age is in my Amazon Gold Box today for $26.55. Comes out in a month (March 4).

I get your point, however, and it's a good one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicideJockey View Post

Sony benefits from their Playstation 3 system being the most stable of all high-def players, but most mainstream consumers don’t play video games and don’t look to an odd-sized game machine with clunky controllers and no RS-232 jack as a source for movie playback.

Jesus man, make up your mind! Are these mainstream consumers (who may or may not be interested in a PS3) or hardcore HT junkies with CIH setups you're trying to approach with this paragraph? Because NOBODY who has a home theatre worth less than $50k gives a rat's ass whether their equipment has an RS-232 port.

Silence is Golden. Duct Tape is Silver.
post #64 of 64 Old 02-01-2008, 10:34 PM

Qqfgv
Reply HD DVD Players

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page