Thanks for taking the time to do this! With the recent clearances on ubid and Overstock, there will be a lot of new XA2 owners to take advantage of this (me included!)
There are still a couple of ?'s I have - because of the possibility to brick players, every one understandably wants to be careful.
Here are my questions:
1) Can you start with any FW version before you do Step 1 (Back date to XA2 FW 1.3), or must you start with a certain FW version?
2) In all referred to hex changes, what you're doing is hex editing the ISO file, followed by burning edited ISO onto a CD, right?
3) In Step 1 (Back date to XA2 FW 1.3), you mention "hex change for FW version is required". Can you tell us the exact hex change you have to make?
4) In Step 2 (Update to XE1 184.108.40.206 FW), you mention "hex change for model no. is required". Can you tell us the exact hex change you have to make?
5) In Step 3 (Update to XA2 FW 2.7), no hex changes required, right?
Again, thanks a lot! I know this information is probably available in some of the thread links you linked us to, but it's great to have it all in one place so there's no chance of misunderstanding.
Also, if you find any active links to XE1 220.127.116.11 FW, please let us know!