overheard at circut city today (hd dvd player returns) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 02-21-2008, 08:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I was at my local cc today and as i was checking out, the manager annouced to the register employees that they would be taking returns on any hd dvd player people bring in
I asked if this was with their store only and he said it would be company policy as the call was from headquaters.

30 days or newer with reciept gets cash refund
30 days or older with or without reciept gets cc gift card

so if anyone is looking to return there player to cc here is your oppertunity

Myself ill be keeping my player and collection and probably adding a a30 or 35 as well as a bunch of movies in the coming months to keep me happy

just thought i would throw this info out there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 02-21-2008, 09:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spddrcr View Post

30 days or older with or without reciept gets cc gift card

I could be interested in this. I bought mine a year and a half ago at BB.

Still have the original box, etc. Would CC give me a gift card, and for how much?

to each his own...
post #3 of 9 Old 02-21-2008, 10:01 PM

Most store scan for serial numbers on electronics. So unless you are able to make up some wild stories + lie through your teeth I doubt they will let you return it w/o receipt if the player was NOT originally bought from them.

My High Definition Media Collection Formerly: My Blu-ray/HD DVD collection
post #4 of 9 Old 02-21-2008, 10:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by faux123 View Post

Most store scan for serial numbers on electronics. So unless you are able to make up some wild stories + lie through your teeth I doubt they will let you return it w/o receipt if the player was NOT originally bought from them.

Thats true. However, stores scan for serial numbers so that the serial number on your receipt matches the one on the item. Stores do NOT store the serial numbers of every electronics item they've sold in such a way that they can bring up a list instantly to cross reference if your serial number was ever in their inventory. So, if you brought in a receipt that the serial number on it didnt match your player, your out of luck. However, if you are bringing in a player for store credit without a receipt, then it would be treated as a no receipt return and it'd go from there, they couldn't tell anything from the serial number when/if it was ever purchased from that store unless they did MASSIVE number digging in their inventory system (take it from me, im in retail in the end of the business that deals with asset protection). And that isnt going to happen at customer service.
post #5 of 9 Old 02-21-2008, 10:37 PM

Liked: 11
If this is legit... Circuit City would have had to work out something with either Toshiba.... or some recycler or something. There is no way they would willinginly take such a loss. I imagine we might see some creative promos where if you bring in your DVD or HD DVD player you will get $50-100 off a Blu-Ray player... like the trade in TV programs. They will start needing something to capture more of the market.
post #6 of 9 Old 02-21-2008, 10:59 PM - Thread Starter

I just want to state once again that this was something i overheard while I was checking out at CC, I do not work there, I do not know about there normal return policy, hell i dont even know much about the store itself, but this is what the manager of the store told the employees that were at the registers while i was standing there.
post #7 of 9 Old 02-22-2008, 04:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spddrcr View Post

I just want to state once again that this was something i overheard while I was checking out at CC, I do not work there, I do not know about there normal return policy, hell i dont even know much about the store itself, but this is what the manager of the store told the employees that were at the registers while i was standing there.

Wait a second. Read your original post. You first said you talked to the manager and asked him if it was his store only, or company policy. Now you are reverting to you only heard him talk to the employees. Which is it?

Tony
post #8 of 9 Old 02-22-2008, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by milachy View Post

Wonder what they would say about me bringing in my HdA1

Yeah, they should implement a recycling program, no matter where you bought it from or when . .

Either that or I'm going to do some test drops from the 11th story.
post #9 of 9 Old 02-22-2008, 05:12 AM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 73
thanks.

larry

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. -- Thomas Alva Edison
Closed Thread HD DVD Players

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page