Pitch Black Uncut in AUS? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 04-26-2008, 11:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just a quick shout-out for every one's posts here,
you have been truly wonderful & helpful!
-------------------------------------------------

Now with my issue (and 1st post)
I have been looking all over the web, for some information on this "Pitch Black" HD-dvd.

the issue being, here in Australia we have the film listed as the norm-cut & a PAL running time of 108m with the rating "M", i have seen the cover in the shop, yet is does not say anything about it being uncut\\DC like the USA version.

thou it does have all the special features mentioned on it like the USA uncut/DC version.

So the question is:
Has Australia stuffed up with cover art and have not listed it as uncut?
Has anyone here have the AUS & USA version or know if the AUS is in fact the uncut version?

The other odd thing is that "The Chronicles of Riddick" IS the uncut/DC version here.

thanks for your time,
Lex
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-27-2008, 01:42 AM

This movie has 2 versions
R-rated theatrical cut is 108 mins long
Unrated Directors cut is 111 mins

I suggest you compare the running times to see which version you have.

"there are two different versions of this film. Here's the difference: the unrated director's cut includes about 3 minutes of additional footage - two new (but brief and non-violent) scenes and MAYBE a few additional seconds of carnage. The difference are slight. The unrated director's cut also omits the French Dolby Digital 2.0 surround track that the theatrical version has (but it has French subtitles which the theatrical version doesn't have - go figure). Near as I can tell, those are the only differences. I definitely recommend the director's cut."
post #3 of 6 Old 04-27-2008, 01:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked: 222
The UK disc (with Aussie rating on) is the theatrical cut. This is the same disc that was released across Europe and the Far East. Strangely, the audio commentaries from the Director's Cut are on there, but I've no idea whether they've been edited to fit the shorter theatrical cut or if they've been laid down as is.

I'm puzzled as to why Universal didn't release the Director's Cut on HD DVD outside of the US. I can only think that they don't have the rights to it in some territories, and so they put the theatrical version on there to save themselves some bother.
post #4 of 6 Old 04-27-2008, 05:13 PM - Thread Starter

God damn it! cheers for the info guys, i shall not buy it here then.
post #5 of 6 Old 05-01-2008, 11:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post

The UK disc (with Aussie rating on) is the theatrical cut. This is the same disc that was released across Europe and the Far East. Strangely, the audio commentaries from the Director's Cut are on there, but I've no idea whether they've been edited to fit the shorter theatrical cut or if they've been laid down as is.

I'm puzzled as to why Universal didn't release the Director's Cut on HD DVD outside of the US. I can only think that they don't have the rights to it in some territories, and so they put the theatrical version on there to save themselves some bother.

Yeah, the Dir Cut has only ever been released on VHS of all damn things in the UK. I'm glad I bought the U.S. HD DVD.
post #6 of 6 Old 05-05-2008, 01:11 PM

(ooops my mistake so post edited )
Reply HD DVD Software

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page