Found a Jack Ryan Collection used at FYE! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 08-28-2008, 03:28 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Walked into FYE just to take a quick browse around and there it was with the used HD DVDs. Didn't even hesitate to buy it. I wanted The Hunt for Red October since this thing came out and got pulled. Helps round out the HD DVD collection, plus it was cheap too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 08-28-2008, 03:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 53
How much is cheap?
post #3 of 6 Old 08-28-2008, 03:48 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by yrly View Post

Walked into FYE just to take a quick browse around and there it was with the used HD DVDs. Didn't even hesitate to buy it. I wanted The Hunt for Red October since this thing came out and got pulled. Helps round out the HD DVD collection, plus it was cheap too.

If you just wanted the hunt for red october you could buy it individually in Blu-Ray.
post #4 of 6 Old 08-28-2008, 04:11 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_qc View Post

If you just wanted the hunt for red october you could buy it individually in Blu-Ray.

True, but I have more HD DVD players than Blu-ray players so I can play the HD DVD versions in more rooms. Plus its kinda cool to have the obscure versions and as a nice box set (despite its lack of extras). That and the whole set was about $54, which is quite a bit less than the usual selling price.
post #5 of 6 Old 08-28-2008, 04:28 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by yrly View Post

True, but I have more HD DVD players than Blu-ray players so I can play the HD DVD versions in more rooms. Plus its kinda cool to have the obscure versions and as a nice box set (despite its lack of extras). That and the whole set was about $54, which is quite a bit less than the usual selling price.

At $54 I guess I would buy it even if I got the Blu Hunt for red October! I love Patriot game, well I used too, I haven't watched this one in years. The 2 other movies are quite good but I'll never pay the ridiculous $150 asked for it @ inetvideo!
post #6 of 6 Old 08-28-2008, 05:45 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Well I just fired up the Hunt for Red October and it looks pretty good on the 50", have an HDV5000 via discrete outs to a cheaper Pioneer receiver and sound is quite impressive so far as well. Shame these never made an official release. Honestly this isn't the first opportunity I had to have it either, the same FYE had it (probably the same copy) when it came out right after it got pulled, and I suspected it had been sold as opposed to sent back and I was probably right and somewhat lucky as a result.

I doubt I'll double dip the titles, it was one of those things where I'd have bought the Hunt either way if there are ever $5 Blu-ray bins I might then grab another (I already it on DVD so this is really a duplicate as it is), the others I'll watch but can do without the double dip, aside from extras they should be more than sufficient picture wise for my needs.
Reply HD DVD Software

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page